Marvel Universe stuff

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I must not be watching what everyone else is watching. Outside of Star Trek and his voice for Smaug, what else is he really famous for? Yes, I could go check IMDB but fuck it, I don't care that much.
Yeah his overexposure is being wildly overstated. "OMG he voiced a dragon and was in a BBC show with like 12 episodes...HE'S ERRYWHERE!!!!!!!!"

Homsar

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Yeah last year people were trying to say him and Freeman were A-listers on here. Most people have no clue who they are by name unless you live in the UK

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I don't he's overexpose in the world at large, but he is somewhat in the geek world where he's in a lot of geek franchise...Sherlock, The Hobbit, Star Trek and now Dr. Strange.

I don't care, I like him as an actor and I think he'll do a good job as Strange.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
He did an excellent job in The Imitation Game too. Fairly strong resume but most look to big US release roles to judge.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
I only saw cumberbatch do a bad khan impression and mumble like a dragon, i don't watch that british shit, so far i guess, one movie a year. He was a terrible dragon, good dragons to model yourself after are Draco and Paarthurnax.

But again, i'd take his pathetic fail at dragonic over joaquin any day.

Jarnin_sl

shitlord
I only saw cumberbatch do a bad khan impression and mumble like a dragon
He sucked as Khan because Into Darkness was nothing more than a bunch "cool scenes" tied together with a nonsensical plot, written by a conspiracy theorist who chocked the script full of fan-servicing callbacks. The Hobbit movies are simply broken; it's a franchise with multiple personality disorder that's only being made to bank on previous successes.

i don't watch that british shit
Then you're missing out on some of the best written television series available. Sherlock is a critically acclaimed show, and it's on PBS in the U.S. and available on Netflix. Shit, Luther is a fucking great show, and it's on Netflix too. The Fall is another great crime drama on Netflix and it stars Gillian Anderson. You know, Scully from the X-Files?

Shit, I find British television series to far exceed the shit we have on in the U.S. because it's not being made as something to tide the viewer over between advertisement blocks. It's just good stories, with excellent actors and great direction.

j00t

I only saw cumberbatch do a bad khan impression and mumble like a dragon, i don't watch that british shit, so far i guess, one movie a year. He was a terrible dragon, good dragons to model yourself after are Draco and Paarthurnax.

But again, i'd take his pathetic fail at dragonic over joaquin any day.
Either troll, hipster, or bad taste.

Draco as in Sean Connery? Really? I love the man but he's hardly anyone other than himself. Cumberbatch was great as smaug. Same as khan. The issues with those movies/characters was writing and directing not actor portrayal.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Either troll, hipster, or bad taste.

Draco as in Sean Connery? Really? I love the man but he's hardly anyone other than himself. Cumberbatch was great as smaug. Same as khan. The issues with those movies/characters was writing and directing not actor portrayal.
Yes i'm troll the comic threads with bad taste. A good actor that portrays a role well can rise above a bad movie, not be lumped in along with it. Cumberbatch is lumped in with so-so movies portraying vilians and failing to impress, he didn't rise above anything, he was just there.

And let's take this to comics/movies, you know who did a great job at portraying a character and rising above a shitty shit movie? Mark Strong, wtf is this guy? he played Sinestro in Green Lantern, a shit movie but by god at least i walked away with a great Sinestro.

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
Cumberbatch was great as smaug. Same as khan. The issues with those movies/characters was writing and directing not actor portrayal.
Another problem was they were trying to remake the iconic installment of the original movies. As campy and cliched as the original was, it's sorta like trying to remake Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory; it shouldn't be attempted.

j00t

Yes i'm troll the comic threads with bad taste. A good actor that portrays a role well can rise above a bad movie, not be lumped in along with it. Cumberbatch is lumped in with so-so movies portraying vilians and failing to impress, he didn't rise above anything, he was just there.

And let's take this to comics/movies, you know who did a great job at portraying a character and rising above a shitty shit movie? Mark Strong, wtf is this guy? he played Sinestro in Green Lantern, a shit movie but by god at least i walked away with a great Sinestro.
Sometimes, yes. But not always. Look at jack Nicholson. He's had some great movies and some terrible movies. Some of those have been saved by his skill, some of them have just been terrible no matter what.

Sure, acting is an art and therefor its a matter of personal opinion. Personally, I was more than happy with him in those roles.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Shit, I find British television series to far exceed the shit we have on in the U.S. because it's not being made as something to tide the viewer over between advertisement blocks. It's just good stories, with excellent actors and great direction.
Yeah, they're way better than the drivel US gets like Mad Men, Breaking Bad, Justified, The Wire, True Detective, Sopranos, Deadwood, House of Cards, Fargo...

I'm sure every show on British TV is pure gold.

I hate when motherfuckers say stupid shit like this. Movies and shows aren't better or worse just because they're British or Japanese or whatever other culture you decide to romanticize and overrate.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Sherlock season 1-2 were very above average crime drama/dr who hybrid. Season 3 was hit and miss. His performance is quite good though, hence the movie roles.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Yeah, they're way better than the drivel US gets like Mad Men, Breaking Bad, Justified, The Wire, True Detective, Sopranos, Deadwood, House of Cards, Fargo...

I'm sure every show on British TV is pure gold.

I hate when motherfuckers say stupid shit like this. Movies and shows aren't better or worse just because they're British or Japanese or whatever other culture you decide to romanticize and overrate.
I like how you snuck Justified in there.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
boo on Sony. They have a great gaming console, but their movie department sucks a bag of dicks. A penasia, if you will.

Cantatus

Lord Nagafen Raider
Looks like Marvel tried to have Sony bring in Spiderman in a crossover in Cap. 3 but talks broke down. Too bad they could have likely saved the Spiderman Franchise from the shit that it's become

Sony, Marvel Discussed Spider-Man Movie Crossover - Speakeasy - WSJ
I'm not surprised Sony backed out. I don't think they know what to do with Spider-Man anymore. After their last movie was the least successful Spider-Man film ever, they just seem to be in this constant state of chaos. First they were talking about doing a Sinister Six movie. Then they were talking aboutmoving up the Sinister Six movieto before Spider-Man 3. Now there are rumors thatSpider-Man 3 will be the Sinister Six moviewith Spider-Man workingwiththe villains. Oh, and there is the insaneAunt May movie spin-off idea.

Not to mention, Sony just can't seem to get out of their directors' way. Spider-Man 3 was bad because Sony insisted Raimi include Venom, and now there is talk thatSony interfered with Marc Webb. Sony is so desperate to get some of Marvel's success that they're putting the cinematic universe thing before even having a decent movie. And they're so desperate to relive the Spider-Man 1 & 2 days that they just can't help but get in their own way. The ironic thing is, having Spider-Man in the Captain America movie likely would've been a significant boon for them. They could've used that to set up the next Spider-Man movie, but Sony is just too stupid and too controlling to go for it.