Marvel Universe stuff

Caliane

Would someone get Fox, Sony, or whoever out of the way so we can do something cool...

rrr_img_84991.jpg
I love things like this.

Zomg cosmic level threat, Thanos has invaded Earth. We need all of you to stop him. Especially you Daredevil. we need YOU to throw your batons at him, really hard. Apparently, Thanos, scourge of all reality, killed multiple galaxies with his bare hands, in order to appease his love, the literal embodiment of Death, has a weakness to batons.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
I thought daredevil was a master tactician. Not from reading the comics or anything, but just because he's blind and manages to still fuck people up and make them fall right in the middle of where he made a DD symbol in gas before the fight.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
The best way to handle big crossovers is to have the big bads have lots of smaller objectives/lieutenants that lesser heroes can handle.

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
Zomg cosmic level threat, Thanos has invaded Earth. We need all of you to stop him. Especially you Daredevil. we need YOU to throw your batons at him, really hard. Apparently, Thanos, scourge of all reality, killed multiple galaxies with his bare hands, in order to appease his love, the literal embodiment of Death, has a weakness to batons.
On a related note to this, so far the Marvel Studios films, outside of the Asgardians in the Thor movies, haven't really done much to introduce any of the celestial entities that really gave scope to just how powerful a foe Thanos became in the Infinity Saga. I know Galactus is off limits, but has there been any indication that they plan to flesh some of the mega powers of the Marvel Universe in the limited number of movies they have left before then or are we just going to see him smashmouthing the earthbound heroes?

Mudcrush Durtfeet

Hungry Ogre
On a related note to this, so far the Marvel Studios films, outside of the Asgardians in the Thor movies, haven't really done much to introduce any of the celestial entities that really gave scope to just how powerful a foe Thanos became in the Infinity Saga. I know Galactus is off limits, but has there been any indication that they plan to flesh some of the mega powers of the Marvel Universe in the limited number of movies they have left before then or are we just going to see him smashmouthing the earthbound heroes?
Only shown briefly, but a celestial was shown doing stuff in GotG.

Xasten_sl

shitlord
You can see Death, Eternity, Entropy, and Infinity in the carvings around the 6 ingots during the Collector's flashback. I assume they'll eventually be seen or felt beyond that.

Cantatus

Lord Nagafen Raider
sorry if posted but.... da fuq, they trying trying to ruin xmenX-Men And Fantastic Four Team-Up Movie Apparently Confirmed | Comicbook.com
My question is which X-Men are they going to team up with? Given the FF script details that have leaked out (eg Doom the blogger), First Class doesn't work unless they bump them up a few decades. I also can't see it making much sense to put FF in the 70s or 80s to make that work. It worked with First Class since that was supposed to be a prequel, but what sense does it make to set FF back then? But given the age of FF's cast, Wolverine (and those other guys that occasionally show up) seems like an odd fit. Maybe they'll do time travel again...

Cantatus

Lord Nagafen Raider
Mike Colter to Star as Luke Cage in Marvel's A.K.A. Jessica Jones

During the course of an investigation in New York City, private investigator Jessica Jones encounters the enigmatic Luke Cage - a man whose past has secrets that will dramatically alter Jessica in ways she could never have imagined.

After a tragic ending to her short-lived super hero stint, Jessica Jones is rebuilding her personal life and career as a detective who gets pulled into cases involving people with extraordinary abilities in New York City.
Sort of seems like there could be a Jessica Jones/Agents of SHIELD crossover at some point, or, at the least, will help lead up to the Inhumans movie.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
It's all in the U and they're all on the same power level, could be awesome. I kind of assumed the Netflix shows would cross over with Agents, they're all on the lower end of the Marvel power curve. Never really thought about the business end with it being Netflix etc. Iron Fist, Jessica Jones, and Daredevil especially. Luke Cage has sort of power creeped up in to the higher end but the character is integral to Jessica Jones story and doesn'thaveto be up there with the Thor's and all, he'll be a new character to the U so he should start off lower power. Plus God knows there's a lot of wiggle room between street level heroes and Thor/Iron Man etc.

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
Last night, for some weird reason, I had a dream that I watched the full Dr. Strange movie. I'm not sure how accurate my dream was to the plot of the upcoming movie, so I'll put it in spoilers. Read at your own risk:

First of all, Cumberbatch was an awesome Dr. Strange. The movie began with Cumberbatch in his basement laboratory preparing a time machine to go back to the early 1990s. The time machine looked similar to the one in H.G. Wells' novel; it was very old-fashioned looking. As Dr. Strange is making the final preparations to go back, Mystique sneaks into the laboratory and manages to hide on top of the time machine just as Dr. Strange starts the time travel process, and she gets sent back along with him.

Back in the 1990s, Dr. Strange goes to Washington, D.C. since that's where the villain of the movie is hiding amongst a rich political family. They did a great job of portraying Washington, D.C. in the 1990s, by the way. There are CVS stores everywhere and run-down pay phones on the streets. Anyway, Dr. Strange goes to this political family who happen to be having a grand birthday party for their only son. The family lives in an elite apartment building for the super rich in downtown D.C., and Dr. Strange finds it necessary to disguise himself in order to get past the doormen and into the penthouse apartment where the family resides.

The party is a huge affair, and Dr. Strange manages to fit in by pretending to be one of the entertainers. During the party, hundreds of dancers, acrobats, and animals are paraded around and perform their various entertaining feats. Several of these entertainers are dressed like Dr. Strange in the comics, which I thought was a nice Easter egg. As Dr. Strange tries to track down the villain in all this party chaos, Mystique (who has been following Dr. Strange this whole time) sees her baby-self laying on a table in a corner of the apartment. She goes over and touches her baby-self's forehead, instantly causing her adult-self and her baby-self to vanish from existence due to the time paradox.

This is where the movie ended, most likely setting it up for a sequel.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
You know what Dee, I don't want to hear about your dream, okay? I hate listening to people's dreams. It's like flipping through a stack of photographs. If I'm not in any of them, and nobody's having sex, I just... don't care.

dennis-reynolds.jpg

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
Maybe if he started taking one of those mild antidepressants that messes with your REM sleep he'd have something better to report.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I loved my "high on ambien" post about how Microsoft is going to be bought out by apple and become Macrosoft. That's about my only creativity on this board.

Devlin

Golden Squire
Maybe if he started taking one of those mild antidepressants that messes with your REM sleep he'd have something better to report.
Nicotine patches are the way to go if you want your dreams jacked up to 11.

I couldn't use them, literally every time you wake up it's from a vivid dream/nightmare.