Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
He wasn't the only one firing real bullets. The agent that was struggling with Skye also fired one when Skye was trying to disarm her (which is what led Calderon and Bobbi to them). Clearly NewSHIELD has a "Dead or Alive" policy and didn't listen to Bobbi's instructions, which could be something that starts putting doubts in her head about where her loyalties lie.
Bobbi seems to share that same policy, but because she had time to get to know skye and probably is starting to adapt to coulson's Shield, she saw that she cant go all hardcore on everyone Real Shield deems an enemy. even Mack went the extra mile to protect fitz.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Band of Brothers? Planet of the Apes? OZ motherfuckers!

tumblr_nl5sfsOdUu1unnr14o1_500.gif

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
Also 12 Monkeys where he was the best friend of the protagonist... emphasis on the tense of that statement.

Rais

Trakanon Raider
Ya he was/is a douchebag in 12 monkeys. Hope he gets Thor's hammer in his face on SHIELD or raped by Mr Hyde.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Took me a while to see this episode. I'm not buying 'real shield' is legitimate. What's strange to me is how accepting everyone is (in the show I mean) that these people are shield. Even may told skye that "Shield" was coming after her. That seemed out of place unless it turns out she knew about them.

As for the real bullets, I thought they could fire dendrotoxin bullets out of regular guns now. Am I remembering that wrong?

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Took me a while to see this episode. I'm not buying 'real shield' is legitimate. What's strange to me is how accepting everyone is (in the show I mean) that these people are shield. Even may told skye that "Shield" was coming after her. That seemed out of place unless it turns out she knew about them.

As for the real bullets, I thought they could fire dendrotoxin bullets out of regular guns now. Am I remembering that wrong?
pretty much. real shield is basically 5 people and a bunch of red shirts who scoot around in an air craft carrier while the current shield is 5 people who scoot around in a fancy airplane.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
New SHIELD is seemingly run by a bunch of lord of the flies idiots that seemed scorned by Fury, they don't have a leader so they vote on shit, they don't like lies and secrets, even tho they are the World's top spy agency, wtf!

New SHIELD is actually rogue SHIELD, they failed in the last order Fury gave them, blow up the ship, instead they use it as their base of ops. They seemingly don't believe Coulson SHIELD is Hydra, so they send half their team to infiltrate it?

At the start of s2, Xena and Mack were already on Couldson SHIELD and Mockingbird was a double agent Hydra working with Gemma.

BUT instead of real/rogue SHIELD going "fuck HYDRA!" they go "FUCK ALIENS!", it's like somehow they believe it wasn't HYDRA that fucked them over w/ double agents posing as friends, naw, it was the aliens man.

While it was actually Coulson SHIELD who killed every known HYDRA head (that we know of), real/rogue SHIELD is just running around with their anti-alien agenda, meanwhile Mack was turned into a fucking alien mini boss!

All i know is this week has to be the best episode of the Series, it's probably when we get to see May fuck up everyone.

imo a more plausible reason for real/rogue SHIELD to hate on coulson SHIELD is b/c coulson is still part of "the old guard", while almost no one knows Fury is alive (besides BW,cap,koenig,hill), Fury handpicked him as director.

But i guess they have to find some way to push this anti-inhuman agenda.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
Yup I do find it very ironic that real shield is spending all its time trying to infiltrate and backstab coulson while coulson is actually tried and succeeded in going after hydra, crippling their operations, preventing them from having access to an alien city. It seems really odd after everything that happened with hydra that they are just totally ignoring that and going after aliens.

Admittedly some of the inhumans can be very powerful but seriously after just getting reamed by hydra perhaps their time would have been better spent getting their own act together and going after the immediate threats before branching out.

Cantatus

Lord Nagafen Raider
It was sort of dumb for May to say that. I know she didn't have time to explain everything to Skye, but Skye was previously in quarantine and has had people looking at her sideways since her powers were revealed and has basically been imprisoned by Coulson. To tell her SHIELD is after her after all that has happened is definitely going to mess Skye up. May should be smarter than that.

BUT instead of real/rogue SHIELD going "fuck HYDRA!" they go "FUCK ALIENS!", it's like somehow they believe it wasn't HYDRA that fucked them over w/ double agents posing as friends, naw, it was the aliens man.
The thing is, we don't know what this part of SHIELD was up to prior to the events of Captain America 2. Fury likes to keep things compartmentalized, so it's quite possible Gonzales and crew were already focused on aliens. Whatever they're protecting on the ship could very well be an alien artifact. It has to be something powerful for Fury to order the aircraft carrier destroyed so Hydra can't get their hands on it.

But yeah, I think it's accurate to describe them as being rogue regardless. Gonzales seems more interested in a power grab than anything. I don't think it's because he sees Coulson as being an illegitimate wearer of the crown, but that he knows SHIELD is weak enough for him to stage a coup and take over.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Well, May telling Daisy that SHIELD was after her takes out any chance of her being duped by Bobbi or Mack. I agree it seems a bit dumb but she didn't really have much time to get into a conversation with Daisy and telling her SHIELD was after her was probably exactly the right amount of paranoia Daisy needed, while ensuring that she would still trust May, or at least talk to her, once they were able to reestablish contact.

It's one of those things where you can come up with just as many reasons to justify it as you can ways to pick it apart imo.

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
So what is on the ship that was so vital that it needed to be destroyed and yet was obviously not destroyed?

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
All the worst prisoners, all the highest priority objects are stored in the fridge, this is the tower where Ward shoots Hand and frees Garrett.

Everything we've seen in the series is stored here, the alien 084, the berserker staff, fucking graviton. This is also where Garret tells Ward that "the slingshot"(where all super dangerous stuff gets put in a rocket into the sun) is fake and everything is just in the fridge.

Maybe what was on the ship was "information"? just like at the beginning of cap2, and all "information" is just on cruisers for some reason.

Or an ongoing project?

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I realize it's Marvel and SHIELD and there are secrets everywhere, but maybe they were ordered to scuttle the ship because an Aircraft Carrier is an incredibly valuable resource in its own right. I mean the newest class of supercarrier (in real life) costs almost 13 billion dollars to make, and that's just for the carrier alone, to say nothing of a full array of quinjets + whatever armaments the carrier has. Hydra capturing one intact would be a pretty big deal.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I realize it's Marvel and SHIELD and there are secrets everywhere, but maybe they were ordered to scuttle the ship because an Aircraft Carrier is an incredibly valuable resource in its own right. I mean the newest class of supercarrier (in real life) costs almost 13 billion dollars to make, and that's just for the carrier alone, to say nothing of a full array of quinjets + whatever armaments the carrier has. Hydra capturing one intact would be a pretty big deal.
i think i saw on some history channel show (before the rednecks, spacemen and bigfoots took over the network) that a modern aircraft carrier was basically a floating city and was capable of running a war all on its own. so yeah, an SHIELD carrier is not something you ever want to allow in the hands of an enemy. i also think their cargo was something super secret that coulson or the dude from stand and deliver would not know about. and i dont think its the fridge 2.0.