Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

Cantatus

Lord Nagafen Raider
They saw the fan reaction to that hall fight in episode two of DareDevil....
I doubt this episode would've been filmed within the last two and a half weeks.

Don't forget the biggest wow, Simmons was committed to killing Ward, why? maybe truely she hates him more than Fitz for taking away Fitz and replacing him with Fitz 0.5.

Or she really just wants to kill threats now, that's cool too, keep her in that infiltration suit.
I know I defended her in the past, but I'm starting to have a hard time accepting the direction they're taking Gemma. I know a lot has happened to her, but for her to go from the mousy lab geek she was last season to someone with a murderous vendetta is starting to seem like a stretch. Though, I think Fitz not even really raising an eyebrow at her suggestion that they murder Grant in cold blood strains credulity a lot more. I always saw him as being the moral fiber of the team. He was the only one to stand by Skye when she was in quarantine, and he remained loyal to Coulson and was willing to resign from SHIELD to get him back the toolbox. I would think he'd have at least raise a little bit of an objection to Gemma doing something that could put herself in danger, not to mention jeopardize the mission and undermine Coulson's plans.

Rais

Trakanon Raider
There is only so much you can be "moral" about. Ward tried to kill them and pretty much changed his entire life. It's more of a survival instinct to want to kill Ward, because you know he will do it again.

The Ancient_sl

shitlord
I doubt this episode would've been filmed within the last two and a half weeks.

I know I defended her in the past, but I'm starting to have a hard time accepting the direction they're taking Gemma. I know a lot has happened to her, but for her to go from the mousy lab geek she was last season to someone with a murderous vendetta is starting to seem like a stretch. Though, I think Fitz not even really raising an eyebrow at her suggestion that they murder Grant in cold blood strains credulity a lot more. I always saw him as being the moral fiber of the team. He was the only one to stand by Skye when she was in quarantine, and he remained loyal to Coulson and was willing to resign from SHIELD to get him back the toolbox. I would think he'd have at least raise a little bit of an objection to Gemma doing something that could put herself in danger, not to mention jeopardize the mission and undermine Coulson's plans.
Fitz did exactly that. When pressed on it by Fitz, Gemma lied to him and told him she was taking those instakill grenades for protection.

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
it was pretty baller til the end when they pulled that "you need to pay to see -insert latest marvel release- to follow this show" shit again. i will see avengers 2, likely this weekend, but i do not like how they go about forcing me to in order to completely follow a tv show.
I am pretty sure anybody who follows this show is going to go watch Avengers 2. There might be a few exceptions, but those exceptions are not going to change thier format.

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
Best episode of the series by far. The Avengers tie in was awesome. The Maria Hill and dropping that Fury is still alive was excellent as well.

Nehrak_sl

shitlord
Random aside, but I think it's safe to say that, based on the hints we've gotten, Theta Protocol is preparation for, and enacted in the event of a doomsday/armageddon scenario.

Cantatus

Lord Nagafen Raider
Fitz did exactly that. When pressed on it by Fitz, Gemma lied to him and told him she was taking those instakill grenades for protection.
Gemma made it pretty clear she wanted to kill Grant ("Poof, no more Ward"). Fitz didn't do much to object her aside from saying "Wait, you're serious?" And then she sort of half-heartedly gives the excuse of "arming ourselves against him." Keep in mind, when this conversation is taking place, Gemma isn't even supposed to go on the mission. Gemma getting herself put on this mission and subsequently in Grant's team while preemptively arming herself with a deadly weapon (when these are the two people who designed the Night-Night Gun) doesn't really leave much to interpretation of what she's planning. I think Fitz is smart enough to put that all together, and I think him nervously telling her to "be safe" when she goes off with Grant's team indicates he knows she's going to attempt something.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
We should be worried about our safety that former level 7 Agents are getting dropped on by this innocent Gemma face. We don't know she was level7 b4 SHIELD fell but pretty much Mockingbird was level7 and Gemma took her w/ some stun crap cuz she's just Gemma.
-tazed

Ward is groomed as a level7 badass and his situational awareness is seemingly clouded by good looking girls, he gets himself shot by skye, and if it wasn't for the near 99% super effective Hydra loyalty brainwash, ward would be dead by Gemma.

Gemma is getting the drop on a whole bunch of ppl, and she as a nerdy scientist kid has no qualms about killing, in this case murder.I mean a whole season ago one of her co-inventions is the stupid night night gun, now she has zero compulsion using alien diviner death discs to take out Ward.

I don't mind seeing her change at all, killing Ward, seems reasonable in her world, however just saying eliminate all powered threats, seems kinda clan-ish.

Nehrak_sl

shitlord
Honestly, I thought the situation with Gemma and Bobby, and Skye shooting Ward, were both matters of letting their guard down. In the first case, just playing along, and in the second the holding-a-candle reason applies... until she shot him four times.

As for Simmons sneaking up on Ward, yeah that did seem a bit unlikely and contrived.

Ganthorn

N00b
Honestly, I thought the situation with Gemma and Bobby, and Skye shooting Ward, were both matters of letting their guard down. In the first case, just playing along, and in the second the holding-a-candle reason applies... until she shot him four times.

As for Simmons sneaking up on Ward, yeah that did seem a bit unlikely and contrived.
Like others have said it isn't really in her character as far as he knows. Before she did this he would probably turn his back on her if she was holding giant sword.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Also, Ward earned ultimate team points when Gemma suicidal jumped outta the BUS (oh yea the BUS is gone now huh, forgot to mention that), and he jumped out after her and antidoted her.

He probably thinks, that still has some Gemma goodwill, nope.

Column_sl

shitlord
Wards's a crazy motherfucker, just made it funnier when he was cracking jokes at the briefing. I think even Coulson snickerd

Nidhogg

Molten Core Raider
Gemma turns into attempted 1st degree murderer. WTF? o_O

edit: actually she did murder someone, just not the right person. 180 degree departure from her S1/S2 character.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
It would be a lot more interesting if Ward had told Coulson what she did, but instead it's just going to be forgotten about until the next time she does something psychotic, assuming there is a next time.

moontayle

Golden Squire
She's clearly being set up as a psycho.

Marvel is doing a good job using this show as filler between movies. Granted, the last movie before now was Winter Soldier (Guardians didn't resonate back to Earth) but in my opinion they've done a lot to illustrate how much what happened there turned everything on its head. And even now the seeds for Civil War are being planted.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Ward is like a trigger for both nerds, Fitz had to be restrained by 2 dudes.

Ward does have a point, agent33 was basically left to die and Coulson didn't even attempt to do anything with/for her, i mean she was a SHIELD agent, just reprogrammed, not her fault.

And there was nice distinct parallels between TAHITI reprogramming and HYDRA mindcontrol

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Well...It's still very possible that Ward is using Agent 33 to play Coulson, and she may or may not be in on it.

Seems unlikely this close to the end of the season though, especially with the fallout from Age of Ultron coming.