Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

Drakain

Trakanon Raider
I thought that was confirmed? With Marvel's Inhumans starting up in its place. I've been going through these episodes preparing for the end.

Cybsled

Inhumans hasn't been confirmed as a replacement, just another show. Although with stuff like Legion, market might be getting a bit diluted.

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
Well Inhumans are coming to TV and Feige has said an Inhumans movie is still coming..

Coming eventually. In whichever phase comes along after Ike Perlmutter finally decides to retire or gets handed his hat over at Marvel Entertainment. Feige isn't gonna put himself in a position of having to work closely with him again anytime soon.

Cantatus

Lord Nagafen Raider
Which is why the Inhumans "movie" is now a two-episode IMAX premiere for the television show. Perlmutter has been insistent on getting the Inhumans on screen and is too impatient to wait for Phase 4 since Spider-Man and Ant-Man 2 pushed it back from Phase 3. I guess this is the best he could do now that Feige has full control over the movie side of things. Once the Inhumans becomes a television show, I really can't see Feige having any interest in including it in Phase 4 anymore.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
This season has really been killing it. I think this last episode was one of the best of the series.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Enzee

Trakanon Raider
I'm curious what 'regret' May has that makes her working for Hydra the 'better' choice. Caulson, I'm guessing, stayed with that Cello/Violin/whatever girl they mentioned seasons ago, so he's a college professor now. Mack, it's his little girl not dying, of course. Fitz is gonna be some confidence boost he never had early on, which made him pine after Simmons quietly for years. He's clearly big pimpin in that shot. Maybe the relationship with his Dad?
Simmons being in the grave.. does that mean when she plugs in, she's in that casket underground? lol.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
I am interested to see if the Avengers are even a thing. If Coulson never joins SHIELD a fuck ton changes. That was the whole reason they made point about Coulson being at the center of everything.

And yeah, I kind of expect a Jemma rising from the grave moment. Lol

Cantatus

Lord Nagafen Raider
Considering May is in the Triskelion, the events of The Winter Soldier obviously played out differently as that building was destroyed when a helicarrier crashed into it in the real world. Whether or not that means the Avengers aren't around, I'm not sure. Coulson was involved in finding Captain America, so does that not happen without him? They did make a point of having the Superior point out Coulson's involvement in the movies, so maybe they will go that route.

The Framework gives the writers a lot of freedom to basically do whatever they want since it has no impact on the greater MCU. It sort of makes me wish they were devoting an entire season to it since there's a lot of things they can explore if Coulson wasn't around to form the Avengers. They could show the events of most of the movies playing out completely differently.

It also likely means the Inhumans aren't a thing (outside of Afterlife) in the Framework. It was Project TAHITI and Coulson having Kree blood that led to the discovery of the Kree City and the terrigen crystals.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Well remember that the Afterlife leader chick actually wanted to fight humans, so maybe in this timeline that happened in a different way and she actually let a terrigen bomb off.

Angerz

Trakanon Raider
I am interested to see if the Avengers are even a thing. If Coulson never joins SHIELD a fuck ton changes. That was the whole reason they made point about Coulson being at the center of everything.

And yeah, I kind of expect a Jemma rising from the grave moment. Lol

Yeah, I'm wondering where the fork is and who's regret is the one that caused it. Did Coulson never join SHIELD and the avnegers are never a thing? It could be that or maybe he just left after he got Tahiti'd and went back to a normal life. I kind of think that it is going to be the events of winter soldier playing out in Hydra's favor, since that actually played out a bit on Agents of SHIELD, but it could go all the way back to the avengers.

Cybsled

Well, Coulson was integral to getting the Avengers to work together, but he did help them out a bit in the standalone movies and that could have had influences as well. Iron Man and Thor had the strongest connection with him during those films.

Chitari invasion is potentially foiled by Hydra nuking NYC because Avengers were never there. Ultron never gets made (no Secovia Accords) and the Hydra takeover in Winter Soldier runs according to plan, wiping out all calculated threats to their order.

Still leaves a question as to why Daisy is apparently still an agent, though. Coulson was pretty integral to that.

Cantatus

Lord Nagafen Raider
I'm wondering it this will all hinge on May not killing Katya. As far as we've seen, that's the earliest regret to be changed. If May doesn't kill Katya, she doesn't retire as a field agent. This possibly affects who Fury chooses to oversee Coulson since it was revealed that May's personality changed after this event. If May isn't picked to watch Coulson, Fitz and Simmons are never recruited to be part of his team since it was later revealed that May steered Coulson's choices. (Grant likely still is since Garrett was using him to find out about Coulson's resurrection.) This frees Fitz up to go down whatever road he's on, but it has no effect on Daisy becoming an agent since it was Grant and Coulson that found her. And, if Grant finds her without Coulson's involvement or finds her and Coulson leaves SHIELD, it obviously make her a lot easier to flip. Not having May around could also be what leads to Coulson leaving SHIELD, whether it's because he needs her support or because the agent that takes her place in overseeing him has him pulled.

It would also explain why Coulson is teaching about fearing the Inhumans (forgot about that part). Katya is an extremely powerful and mentally unstable Inhuman, which is why May kills her. Having her alive allows her to become even more powerful, and she obviously would have reason to have a grudge against SHIELD, potentially aiding in their downfall whether working with Hydra indirectly or not. And this could lead to Jiayang and Afterlife coming into play.

Cybsled

LMD Coulson mentioned his regret was joining SHIELD in the first place, so it seems plausible that in the Framework that is what happened.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Enzee

Trakanon Raider
Yea, Inhumans are definitely still around because of what Coulson writes on the chalkboard. It seems to me they are suggesting the public really fears them and it's even worse then the current situation in the real world.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Episode sure was confusing. There were at least 3 times I had to rewind and watch something again. I hope the framework episodes aren't like that. I don't think they will need to be other than the parts where daisy and simmons are trying to convince the others to wake up.