Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
LMD Coulson mentioned his regret was joining SHIELD in the first place, so it seems plausible that in the Framework that is what happened.
Completely agree. This is what is happening in the Framework, and why Hydra is there, etc. Coulson never even joined, I am positive of that. If they deviate from that, it makes no sense, since everyone gets to fix their biggest regret.

They'll shoehorn some stuff in about why Daisy is still an agent, just because her and Ward is something fun for them to fuck around with for a few episodes. It might not even make sense, but it doesn't matter really. Hell, since this is all created anyway, maybe Aida just wanted her to be a Hydra agent.

I am curious who is coming out of the car behind Fitz. Could be a random, or could be someone important from the past. Lucy Lawless and Saffron Burrows seem too old, but who knows. I'd love to see either of them back. Can't think of anyone else, wasn't Fitz interested in another chick briefly?

I would let Aida assimilate me, btw.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Whatever is happening in the framework doesn't have to make sense. It's a program designed to keep them happy. They don't necesarily have to see the consequences of avoiding their regrets.

I mean, that's likely the direction they will go, sure. That way everybody can grow. But other than 'cuz storytelling' there's no reason it has to be like that.

Cybsled

I thought it might be Aida. Which makes no sense since the human template was with Radcliff...unless Aida designed it that way. Fitz did help with "perfecting" Aida.

Hoss

<Gold Donor>
I thought it was the previous shot, irregardless, she could have faked her death. Do we have any idea what her ragert was?

Hoss

<Gold Donor>
Maybe simmon's regret will be that fitz made himself retarded to save her from the box at the bottom of the ocean.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Cantatus

Lord Nagafen Raider
Yeah, I was wondering if her regret was going to be letting Fitz save them and her thinking she should've done it instead, but the date on the tombstone doesn't line up with that. It shows November, which is closer to when she jumped out of the plane because she had a virus, provided the dates in the show line up with air dates.

But, I'm thinking she won't even have a regret fixed. Aida was never able to scan her brain, so how would the Framework know what to change? Perhaps her death is a way of the Framework dealing with that or a consequence of someone else's regret being fixed. It was said that if you die in the Framework, you die in real life, so wouldn't she otherwise have automatically died when entering it?

I don't recall Daisy's brain being scanned either, but the army of Daisy-bots seems to indicate it was at some point.

Drakain

Trakanon Raider
I don't recall Daisy's brain being scanned either, but the army of Daisy-bots seems to indicate it was at some point.
Bots were built, but they needed her to be scanned to activate them effectively. As they were, they had a generic program.

Enzee

Trakanon Raider
He made her a LMD obviously
I was thinking this as I read the posts above yours, you beat me to it.
Simmons died, Fitz invents LMDs with Radcliffe (and Fitz's Dad??), makes one of Gemma. When Gemma enters the framework, her brain takes over the LMD maybe? Fitz thinks it's the programming going haywire and doesn't believe her at first, hilarity (and the benny hill theme) ensues.

Also, that was a really good point about Gemma's, and maybe Daisy's, brain not being scanned. That would explain why she's in a grave. Daisy being with Ward is her 'secret' regret. If she had been entered into the Framework correctly, by Aida, she would have had her memory wiped and be happily dating Ward. Deep down, she regrets that he turned out evil and she didn't save him.

Hoss

<Gold Donor>
Daisy's brain was definitely not scanned. Jemma's brain was at least partially scanned. Is it possible Ward is in the framework and that's why she's dating him? Either that, or someone else's regret led to her dating him.

I forgot those 2 wren't scanned.

Hoss

<Gold Donor>
How do you know this? They didn't scan the others on screen, and they had all the Daisy clones ready to go.

Because they specifically said they were waiting on the daisy scan to activate the clones. It was going to happen when she was alone with mac on the plane. They also said when they activated the clones that they were using a basic search and destroy program since she hadn't been scanned yet.

Drakain

Trakanon Raider
maybe i was distracted
To be fair, the Daisy clones were all in sports bras and hotpants. I especially loved it when she put on the sweatshirt with the cut out neck that falls over her shoulder, and the bra strap magically disappeared!

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I just caught up on all of this season. Hadn't bothered to even start watching it until 2-3 weeks ago.

The later half could easily be called Sword Art Online: The S.H.I.E.L.D. Saga