Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

Haus

<Silver Donator>
Just finished watching the premier and I am getting the sneaking suspicion they might be getting ready to end this show.

They moved to a story line out of the time continuity, so as to avoid any chance of interacting with the rest of the Marvel universe (TV or otherwise) which is in line with them being cut out of things. And more importantly, the dreaded Friday night time slot....

Not to mention the story so far just isn't pulling me in at all.

Qhue

Trump's Staff
"I'm a biologist, but sure I can invent time travel, just give me a minute..."

God I love Simmons

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Malkav

French Madman
Yoyo going "You guys don't have a space division named S.P.E.A.R or something?" made me chuckle.

• 3Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Drakain

Trakanon Raider
Yoyo going "You guys don't have a space division named S.P.E.A.R or something?" made me chuckle.
Great line, but Coulson's face when she said it was priceless lol

Strong premier. Like that they made the Kree leader's eyes similar to Ronan's. And the blue Kree chick gives me the weirdest boner.

Enzee

Trakanon Raider
I loved that line since most fan theories were about them effectively becoming S.W.O.R.D. or involved with them in some way.

Not sure how I feel about this season yet. I liked the episode, but no Fitz?? Just doesn't feel like the same show now. It was still entertaining, but they've basically dumped a ton of previous story threads with this move.

Also, some aggravating unknowns so far
Quake blows apart the earth but she was never there? If this in the future, she couldn't have caused the earth's destruction then, unless she goes back and does it. I know we are gonna have some plot hole/paradox stuff once time travel is involved, and obviously these things were meant to be hanging threads to keep us hooked. I just really hope they get back to their time before too long, and it becomes about stopping this cataclysm from happening. A whole season on the space station is gonna get old.

Qhue

Trump's Staff
Well they do talk about their history being more than Swiss cheesed. I would think it more likely this was Thanos related if the show was more tied to the Infinity Gems plotline.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
The start of this season felt more like some other show. I can't put my finger on what show it was, but it REALLY gave me the feeling of something else I've seen in the past. I won't pass judgement yet. They have had some strange plots in the past that kept me interested, so even if the first 2 episodes didn't hold me, I'm sure more further down the line will.

Cybsled

I don't see where the complaints are coming from. Standard mystery stuff in the intro and I thought it was fine. "We have fragmented info and the Kree are ok with the Framework we got running, but Quake caused the Earth going boom!" is pretty much setting shit up for Daisy didn't actually do it. Plus, let us not forget that some alien dude arranged for their capture and transport to the future, but Fitz (the one tech genius) was left in the present. So we are left with a few possible choices

What version of time travel? Multiverse or the predestination paradox "this always happened" version? If they go with the former, that makes things easier.

If it is multiverse, then I would bet that Fitz in an alternate timeline arranged for the kidnapping. He specifically leaves himself, knowing that /w Simmons missing, he won't stop until he fixes the problem. Of course, the future they are in is the future of the timeline where they got kidnapped, which means Fitz didn't succeed directly in stopping the destruction of Earth. However, he could have left enough information hidden to allow for the future team to discover them and enact his plan (maybe).

I've watched enough of the show to know you can't take the stuff at the start at face value and they are going to pop some reveals later on as they develop the story arc. I also doubt they will do this a full season, since they usually enjoy splitting their seasons with different story arcs (like the Ghost Rider, LMD, and Hydra World arcs).

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
I don't see where the complaints are coming from. Standard mystery stuff in the intro and I thought it was fine. "We have fragmented info and the Kree are ok with the Framework we got running, but Quake caused the Earth going boom!" is pretty much setting shit up for Daisy didn't actually do it. Plus, let us not forget that some alien dude arranged for their capture and transport to the future, but Fitz (the one tech genius) was left in the present. So we are left with a few possible choices

What version of time travel? Multiverse or the predestination paradox "this always happened" version? If they go with the former, that makes things easier.

If it is multiverse, then I would bet that Fitz in an alternate timeline arranged for the kidnapping. He specifically leaves himself, knowing that /w Simmons missing, he won't stop until he fixes the problem. Of course, the future they are in is the future of the timeline where they got kidnapped, which means Fitz didn't succeed directly in stopping the destruction of Earth. However, he could have left enough information hidden to allow for the future team to discover them and enact his plan (maybe).

I've watched enough of the show to know you can't take the stuff at the start at face value and they are going to pop some reveals later on as they develop the story arc. I also doubt they will do this a full season, since they usually enjoy splitting their seasons with different story arcs (like the Ghost Rider, LMD, and Hydra World arcs).
pretty much, if you're still onboard slugging through crappy s1 and s2 and then just going w/ it for the rest of the seasons, just enjoy, they seem to finally have their groove.

• 1Solidarity

Enzee

Trakanon Raider
It's not time travel, it's interdimensional travel.
Its definitely time travel, but it might also be a different dimension. The earth blew up like a 100 years ago, the station has been there over 90 years. They were prophecized to be coming from 'the past'.
We are definitely in the future, but it might be an alternate time line, of course.

• 1Solidarity