Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

Cybsled

Once Upon a Time won't last. Very few shows can survive a massive cast purge like that, because your core audience is invested in the characters. It is like a MMO: The die hard fans don't want to reroll for your sequel MMO, because their connection is to that original character/premise.

Skylancer81

Molten Core Raider
Good ending to the season.

And ties in with Inhumans next season. So I wonder how many episodes of Inhumans will have SHIELD in it. My guess is just the last one to tie it all together before season 5 starts.

Drakain

Trakanon Raider
Also, they're saying it's all on Friday night's, not Tuesday. Hope that's wrong.

I'm confused on that end scene. Moon base doesn't make sense with the asteroid and blue nebula. I rewatched it multiple time to see if there was anything on the walls. Nothing I can see. Could be a tie in to Thor 3, but I doubt that as well. Plus, what is the deal Coulson made?

That part at the end with Hope was really hurting the feels.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Enzee

Trakanon Raider
I liked the episode, glad they seemingly 'really' killed AIDA. It happened a little earlier in the episode then I expected, so I was expecting her ashes to reform T1000 from Terminator style, though.

The ending made me think SWORD, due to the secretive 'government' agents showing up to arrest them with some kind of paralyzing tech, but then the ad for Inhumans right after made me wonder if it's just related to them and they aren't doing 'SWORD' at all. Who knows?

I'm thinking the Rider deal has something to do with Coulson's soul maybe? Or, he agreed to take on the Rider after Robbie, like if he dies or something. Really isn't any clues to go off though, purely speculation.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
I don't think it's SWORD, it'll be Alpha Flight.

Yes, the Canadian B-Team, Alpha Flight has essentially been repurposed to act as the NEW SWORD in the comics. Abigail Brand has stepped down and Capn Marvel has taken over.

Why do i think SWORD might be a Fox property right? Joss Whedon created SWORD back in Astonishing Xmen, while that was like 10 years ago and way after the movie deals were done... who knows?

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
For some reason it just now clicked that Ghost Rider did the Dr. Strange sling ring thing with his chain to create the portal.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Apparently Jed Whedon said that Coulson's view is an easter egg towards his location. Not sure where it could be but that definitely can't be in our solar system. Also there is going to be a time jump going into next season.

So far this has been my favorite superhero show this season. They may not have the same template next season though. Jed said that it worked out this season because they knew their breaks ahead of time. If their breaks are the same next year they will do something similar again.

Enzee

Trakanon Raider
His view kind of reminded me of Thano's throne asteroid thingy where he talked with Ronan and Loki. But, it's most likely an Inhuman thing.

• 1Like

Cantatus

Lord Nagafen Raider
I don't think it's SWORD, it'll be Alpha Flight.

Yes, the Canadian B-Team, Alpha Flight has essentially been repurposed to act as the NEW SWORD in the comics. Abigail Brand has stepped down and Capn Marvel has taken over.

Why do i think SWORD might be a Fox property right? Joss Whedon created SWORD back in Astonishing Xmen, while that was like 10 years ago and way after the movie deals were done... who knows?

If Joss created SWORD, it'd make sense that he'd want to include it in the show. But, yeah, if SWORD has been replaced by Alpha Flight, that'd lead me to believe it's not something they can use since Marvel has seemed to be trying to minimize anything they can't use in the MCU (hence why X-Men and FF4 have stopped showing up in Marvel vs. Capcom and likely the Lego Marvel Heroes sequel).

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Apparently Jed Whedon said that Coulson's view is an easter egg towards his location. Not sure where it could be but that definitely can't be in our solar system. Also there is going to be a time jump going into next season.

So far this has been my favorite superhero show this season. They may not have the same template next season though. Jed said that it worked out this season because they knew their breaks ahead of time. If their breaks are the same next year they will do something similar again.
I think the "easter egg" was a carbonized R2-D2 among the asteroids or something, not a clue to the location.

Drakain

Trakanon Raider
Good ol'Charlie thinks it's SWORD and will be a multi-dementional version. Who knows, they did do the Agents of Hydra logo change, why not Agents of SWORD? If they do go that route it would be a fun lead in to Thanos Quest...

Enzee

Trakanon Raider
Yea, that is a good point. They officially introduced multiple 'dimensions' into this. I am guessing that is so they can tie in the Chitauri, Thanos, Hela, etc.. into that 'Dark' dimension the Darkhold and Ghost Rider come from without getting too 'cosmic' or religious. Some of the cosmic marvel stuff really goes off the deep end for a casual fan. Cancerverse, anti-verse, the Abstracts (eternity, infinity, etc..) and so on.. I always liked that stuff, but I realize it's not very accessible.

Also, I've seen some theories that Hela may fill the role of Death in the Infinity War. This would make the whole thing more relatable, as Death in the comics never talks and that doesn't translate to film so well.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
into that 'Dark' dimension the Darkhold and Ghost Rider come from without getting too 'cosmic' or religious. S
actually, Ghost Rider, or rather the Spirit of Vengence escaped from Hell.

The Darkhold is a book from Hell (both MCU and comics)

The Darkhold showed those scientists how to build batteries that can access other dimensions... mainly Hell. When Fitz and Coulsen were trapped in the grey in between, they were later being pulled into Hell (cuz the spanish evil guy was becoming a god... or rather he was creating matter but not really, he was just transporting Hell matter). Then Aida used the same batteries and her Minority Report gloves to pull them back into earth realm.

And of course Aida used Fitz to finish project looking glass that created her body from Hell, which is why the Spirit of Vengence was so pissed.

This season has been all about Hell, but it's more like Hel in that you're right it's not religious, just a hard knock life.

• 1Like

Enzee

Trakanon Raider
uhh, except when Daisy specifically asked him if the dimension he (the Rider) and the darkhold was from was "Hell", her exact word, he said not really. It's just a 'dark' dimension that has been fighting this dimension for a long time. It's where the Hell myths originate from, it seems.

Caliane

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Hell in Marvel is not entirely Hell.

There are many Hells. or one Hell, with many planes. take your pick on how you describe it.
arch demons rules ther own planes/portions.. AND, each God pantheon also has their own afterlife/hell.
Hela rules Hel-hiem, aka Hel for the Norse.
There is a Tartarus for the Greek, an Egyptian one as well, etc. These are separate from the Demon controlled hells.

Then, Mephisto, Dormammu, Mystic/Illiana/darkchyle(limbo) has one, etc, etc. theres like 6 hell lords at any given time.

Umar, Dormammu's sister rules the Dark Dimension. which is also a hell.