Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
i disagree with that Forbes article. yeah this episode was pretty cool, but we had to slog through a mountain of mediocre to just plain old shit episodes to get to this point. i also laughed at that joss whedon quote about not wanting to make a show that says Iron Man was just here ,too bad you missed him when they already did that exact fucking thing with Thor. they had the SHIELD team cleaning up his mess in London. im glad this show finally got their head out of their ass for this and the next few episodes, but after all these bad episodes and the 3 episodes over the course of two months, i think they may have doomed this show. i hope im wrong because i really do want this show to be good so i have some good nerdcandy for tuesdays and wednesdays.

Skylancer81

Molten Core Raider
From my understanding the show has to pull last place ratings to get tanked at this point. They want it out until they at least finish phase 3 (2018 Avengers 3). The thought process being that they can use SHIELD to drop the back stories on the lesser heroes they will be adding for Avengers 2 and Avengers 3 so as not to eat up screen time in those movies. At least that was what I am understanding them to mean.

Plus it is a good vehicle for the lesser characters (IE Sif, SHIELD Agents, etc) from the movies to get more screen time and even a little more fleshed out.

Time will tell if it has the legs for 5 seasons, but you never know.

Cybsled

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Ya, this isn't a normal show in terms of "bad ratings...ZOMG CANCEL!!!11!!". It's basically a vehicle to keep the MCU in people's minds between films. T:TSCC was actually used for that purpose leading up to Terminator Salvation, which is part of the reason it got cancelled I imagine. If Salvation had not been a bomb, I bet Warner Brothers would have made it worth it to Fox to keep the show on the air.

Goatface

don't think you can use anything terminator as an example. that ip is just bought and sold for cash grabs and the different projects really don't relate to each other. TSCC sealed it fate when the show runner went against Fox and did the rating killing arc with sarah getting kidnap and other depressing stuff.

overnight rating has shield hitting a new low with 1.7 in 18-49 demo and 5.11m total viewers. will most likely get bumped up
later, but the previous low was 2.1 and 6.11.

Cybsled

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Well the shit scheduling doesn't help. I'm half surprised it isn't taking a random 2 week break.

Lusiphur

Peasant
That episode was a pile of shit. Honestly, the big reveal was yawn inducing and the whole episode leading up to it was totally unnecessary.

Szlia

The main problem with the reveal is that, from the perspective of someone who does not read comic books, it felt like I was not getting something I was supposed to get. That's a problem even if in the end even the comic books reader are not too sure of what it was supposed to be. My assumption was that it was one of the alien invader in the battle for New York a... chitari?

Drakain

Trakanon Raider
there are a few theories online that say...
the alien in the tube is a Kree. That would start the build up for Guardians of the Galaxy (Ronan the Accuser). The reason Skye didn't have the pain Coulson did is because she is a Kree/ human hybrid

Cybsled

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Well that was different. Skye wasn't even conscious when that happened and all it seemed like was her heart going into wtfoverdrive. With Coulson, they made it clear that he had undergone multiple procedures.

But the alien = a Kree makes sense, since Guardians of the Galaxy will include that race and the TV show would be a good way to gradually introduce the race. I also agree Skye is linked to the Kree in some fashion (either a "pink" Kree or an Inhuman).

Drakain

Trakanon Raider
Also, if they are setting her up to be Ms. Marvell, she may not make it to next season. I can't see them having a super powered hero on the show week end and week out. Would make the rest of the team pointless. So if they are using each season to introduce a new hero into the MCU, by the end of phase three we could have a boatload of supers.

Cybsled

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I imagine it will be the standard "how do I control my powers???" story arc at first, then they will just up the threat levels to balance things out.

Skylancer81

Molten Core Raider
I was reading some random stuff about future possible agents in the show. Saw one that had me head scratching for a few minutes as I knew the name but could not remember why.

John Walker.

A pretty common name I thought at first then I dug around Marvel and...

John Walker (Earth-616) - Marvel Comics Database

I totally forgot he replaced Captain America in mid/late 80's and went on to become US. Agent.

Now it would be a new spin for him to be an agent of SHIELD, however it also make sense with Captain America The Winter Soldier coming up and the effect it will have on SHIELD.
SHIELD may feel they need their own Super Soldiers and with the Centipede tech stable they may start doing that after Captain America.

Plus if Skye is Ms Marvel or some other super powered hero, her staying on the team in the aftermath of Captain America would make sense for their possible new direction with the Super Soldiers.

Now if they do introduce John Walker and he does become a Super Soldier (good bet if he is introduced) I am wondering if they will have him replace Captain America at all or have him just become US Agent.

Again this is all just major guessing since his name was just mentioned as "A possible future SHIELD Agent" along with a few others that had no Marvel background as of yet.

Szlia

It feel you guys are grasping at straws to see ways for this show to become what you thought it would be instead of what it is. It's about a rag tag team of agents, it will not become about a rag tag team of super heroes.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Skye is not an alien hybrid kree thing. That was debunked this week when she almost died like a human and needed an infusion of ghwhatever to save her.

Skylancer81

Molten Core Raider
I think it is going to change a good deal after Captain America The Winter Soldier, because of what happens to SHIELD in the movie. They have also stated it will be changing SHIELD in the show. So where it goes after the movie is anyone's guess, but mine is leaning toward more heroes even if they are just a few minutes per show.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Skye is not an alien hybrid kree thing. That was debunked this week when she almost died like a human and needed an infusion of ghwhatever to save her.
How was it debunked? As far as I know Kree aren't immortal, especially when half human. And if that was a distilled Kree biological agent that healed her it would be a point in favor of that theory.