Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I don't think anything dramatic happened. The show just improved as most shows do in the first season and they reached the time that it was all going to tie in to the U in general and Cap 2 specifically more and that was just a better storyline. Everything went how they planned it, it just started weaker than hoped. There was no dramatic mid-season decision to change the show.

I could be 100% wrong though=P

Caliane

I don't think anything dramatic happened. The show just improved as most shows do in the first season and they reached the time that it was all going to tie in to the U in general and Cap 2 specifically more and that was just a better storyline. Everything went how they planned it, it just started weaker than hoped. There was no dramatic mid-season decision to change the show.

I could be 100% wrong though=P
oh course it did.
hail hydra happened. the movie tie in completely changed the plot of the show. and how it was being written and handled.
Suddenly, characters were disposable. Main characters have been getting murdered left and right since, double agents, triple agents, etc.
They also started adding more and more actual comic characters, and fewer original characters.

guy on 4chan nailed it. in reference to episode 1.
"The previous episode was less ABC and more BBC America." "The darker/more foreboding atmosphere. The last episode was swimming in it."

Arative

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The problem was that marvel wanted the tie ins to its movie and shield was left spinning its wheels until that happened plus they had to introduce all the characters. So we got the first half of the first season.

Good second episode though.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
yeah, second episode was pretty sweet, i do have a few nitpicks, one the new guys are getting a lot of screen time and we dont really know anything about them, they were just plopped in our laps and we dont know how to feel about them. the other is something my dad noticed and when he told me i notice it now. they keep making coulson give his little motivational speeches about how awesome SHIELD is and that they totally are the good guys. every episode. do they need to keep doing that?

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Flower girl is inhuman or a dormant inhuman, only way the obelisk wouldn't kill her, it's fatal to humans but not to inhumans, sorta like Terrigen crystals.

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
Yup dormant Inhuman is my bet as well. Kinda funny then that "Muadib" is almost certainly an Inhuman.

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Nice to see the father. I am liking this Shield a lot more than last season's shield so far.

The Ancient_sl

shitlord
oh course it did.
hail hydra happened. the movie tie in completely changed the plot of the show. and how it was being written and handled.
Suddenly, characters were disposable. Main characters have been getting murdered left and right since, double agents, triple agents, etc.
They also started adding more and more actual comic characters, and fewer original characters.

guy on 4chan nailed it. in reference to episode 1.
I don't think you followed. Astrocreep was suggesting that Marvel took the reins when the show wasn't doing well and overhauled it. That isn't what happened.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
of course i was just guessing, but its obvious there was a major shift in the purpose of this show. it went from creature of the week to a faster paced continuous tie-in to the marvel universe. they are still doing it and there no marvel films due out anytime soon.

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
Well to the extent that they have a story mandate for the films they need to reinforce the idea that the world is destabilized following the resurgence of Hydra and the collapse of S.H.I.E.L.D. last year in order to both set up the initial confrontation between the Avengers and Hydra where the Twins come into the picture (probably as a 'bump' action sequence at the very start of the film) and also the need for Ultron to be created in the first place.

Realistically this new S.H.I.E.L.D. that Coulson is setting up has to fail.

The Ancient_sl

shitlord
of course i was just guessing, but its obvious there was a major shift in the purpose of this show. it went from creature of the week to a faster paced continuous tie-in to the marvel universe. they are still doing it and there no marvel films due out anytime soon.
That's not a shift in the purpose of the show as much as a progression. You are going to see some creature of the week stories again too.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
No. The three top guilds are doing a friendly rotation of the warders. You get to kill them once every 3 weeks. Unless one of the rotation doesn't kill them on the first night, then it becomes a FFA. Just remember, you only get to kill 3. GOTTA leave 1 up.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
That's not a shift in the purpose of the show as much as a progression. You are going to see some creature of the week stories again too.
call it what you want, and you are right, we will see more creature of the week episodes, but you know what? im betting they all tie in together and arent generic fiery chinaman mutants

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
But please kill deathlok, that black guy is such a horrible actor and character. or just never bring him up again, ever.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Tim DeKay of "White Collar" makes his debut as Senator Christian Ward in "Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D."

sounds like he's the senator with deep pockets that the general is working with or funded by.

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
I don't think you followed. Astrocreep was suggesting that Marvel took the reins when the show wasn't doing well and overhauled it. That isn't what happened.
The show may be doing better content wise but it's not doing well viewer wise as numbers continue to go down. Are they locked in for 3 years or is it going to slip into syndication?