Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

Column_sl

shitlord
This is the seeds of Civil War.

Really good episode, and Skye let loose with her powers abit.

She called the Blind guy something before he came to get her, and I couldn't make it out
Skye definitely did not say Reader.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Wish every episode could be this exciting. Much better than how dull the show has been since the return.

*edit*

Also, you guys might be getting a bit ahead of yourselves predicting the Civil War tie in. Cap 3 is still over a year out, and while it's possible some of these characters may be mentioned once Civil War starts, I suspect that most of this plot was just contrived to generate a reason for Daisy to end up inside whatever group is controlling/protecting the Inhumans without having her need to become a traitor in the process.

Also, ever since I made that stupid joke about a Quake cameo in Avengers 2 that stupid Bonnie Tyler song has been in and out of my head. Driving me crazy.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
So is Gordon going to end up filling the 'role' of Lockjaw and they can just have a dog on the royal palace as an easter egg or something?

Does seem to be sewing seeds for Civil War, expecting a less than amicable split between these factions of Shield and for that to be a background element to chrun up from time to time, and then this will be leveraged again to reflect the events of Cap 3.

Guessing more Stark Tech on the carrier is what they were protecting, wonder when that will be revisited or if it's just a black box to pull whatever plot elements/fixers out of is all.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Also while it's possible that Shield 2 has a Hydra infiltrator, I doubt it's Agent Calderon, he's just way too obvious. I suspect the fact that he went straight to lethal force against Daisy (and so did the agent that she kicked the crap out of) will plant a seed of doubt somewhere in Bobbi's mind. I also suspect this will somehow find its way back to Gemma which might cause her to rethink her recent shift in attitude. Although the fact that Gordon rescued Daisy might actually reinforce her thinking, who knows. Does Shield 1 know anything about Gordon? He wasn't exactly subtle about the way he rescued Raina.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Let's focus on Gordon for a minute.

It's obvious he's a male version of a a Joss whedon mutant, blindfold
rrr_img_93969.jpg

Blindfold had psychic/telepathic/precog abilities, she was never strong and acted as a fortune teller really.

telepathic is important cuz Gordon was "called" by skye when she needed him, he also seemingly found her in one of the most secret dark sites created by SHIELD/banner to house the Hulk or Hulk level threats.

Gordon also found Raina when she needed him as well, we can assume he has some kind of inhuman psychic link to awakened inhumans, he also is seemingly the "leader" at this point since if you remember from flashbacks, the old chinaman talk to skye's mom and was like "its a good thing you live forever" and she's like "i won't live forever" and pretty making Gordon the successor.

He's also the only white person inhuman so far
he won't be

others have asian
Skyaes mom
old china man who was with skyaes mom and young Gordon
Skyae is a halfie
Raina who was found on the streets of Thailand by Calvin

So really i'm guessing Gordon must be a half/half as well, and basically the Kree experimented on an asian village, centuries ago.

Intox_sl

shitlord
John from the CW's Tomorrow People is in the previews for next week. I assume he is the leader of the inhumans for the tv show.

Column_sl

shitlord
Also, you guys might be getting a bit ahead of yourselves predicting the Civil War tie in. Cap 3 is still over a year out
Except they are already doing Inhumans, like 5 years in advance?? It's pretty obvious they are trying to make a case for the two sides starting a year in advance.

Let's focus on Gordon for a minute.

It's obvious he's a male version of a a Joss whedon mutant, blindfold
It's the inhuman Reader they just changed his backstory, and powers abit.

History
The Reader has the ability to make anything he reads become real. The Inhumans were worried that he is too powerful and so they blinded him.He primarily travels the world to find more Inhumans.
Reader_(Inhuman)_(Earth-616)_from_Inhuman_Vol_1_4_0001.jpg

In the comics he hangs out with Naja who has a lot in common with Raina

I can't wait to see Daisy versus Hyde

Quake-vs-Mister-Hyde.jpg

Also I predicted Daisy would leave shield. My new Theory is that Coulson's group will become the Alien version of Shield i.e. SWORD. It just makes sense now with him having Kree blood

The group was first introduced in Astonishing X-Men vol. 3, #6, by Joss Whedon. S.W.O.R.D. is a counterpart of the better known S.H.I.E.L.D. organization, but since the departure of Nick Fury as director of S.H.I.E.L.D., relations between the two organizations have become strained. The head of S.W.O.R.D. is Special Agent Abigail Brand. Its primary command-and-control headquarters is aboard the orbital space station known as the Peak.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I thought the introduction of Inhumans into the MCU was because Marvel is trying to phase out Mutants as much as they can? Doesn't necessarily have anything to do with the upcoming movie, Inhumans, Aliens, and Serums/Formulas are the only way they can introduce people with Powers.

I also doubt we'll see a full power Mr Hyde in Agents, but that also means we probably won't see full powered Daisy either. I mean isn't a full powered Mr Hyde capable of going toe to toe with Hulk? I'm sure Hulk wins that fight, but being able to fight Hulk at all in a direct strength vs strength battle makes him incredibly strong. And Daisy has such fine control over her powers she was able to knock Magneto out cold by vibrating his brain just right. Maybe in Agents we'll see her develop the fine control but not as much of the raw power.

Column_sl

shitlord
Inhumans have been around since 1965, it wasn't something they came up with recently to take over from mutants. It just happened they had a way to do something similar to the mutants already in their history.

They can use the same core concepts as the original X men. Instead of Children of the Atom , we have Children of the Kree. The bigotry, and fear that humans had for the mutants can easily cross over to these inhumans.

Mutants are very much alive in the comics, this is just something they are doing for the Cinematic Universe. Only thing Marvel is doing is trying to stop creating characters under the X men Brand because those immediately become open game for fox only in the movies.

Hyde is on the same level as Thor in power without the hammer of course. Hulk is one of the most powerful creatures in the Marvel universe.
In the current show Hyde hasn't perfected his formula yet. In the comics he has a wristband that injects him with the formula when he needs it

Stan Lee actually talked about this during season 1 of Shield at the half way point. He said Marvel would start introducing characters, and concepts way ahead of the movie counterparts, and some of those characters could eventually cross over into the movies.

The Inhumans movie will certainly revolve around the royal family which the world doesn't even know exists yet.

Cybsled

Gordon isn't the Inhuman leader. There was that scene where he brought Hyde/Calvin to the Inhuman base and Hyde/Calvin asks what is going to happen to him and Gordon says that isn't his call, which suggests someone else is calling the shots.

supertouch_sl

shitlord
Inhumans have been around since 1965, it wasn't something they came up with recently to take over from mutants. It just happened they had a way to do something similar to the mutants already in their history.

They can use the same core concepts as the original X men. Instead of Children of the Atom , we have Children of the Kree. The bigotry, and fear that humans had for the mutants can easily cross over to these inhumans.

Mutants are very much alive in the comics, this is just something they are doing for the Cinematic Universe. Only thing Marvel is doing is trying to stop creating characters under the X men Brand because those immediately become open game for fox only in the movies.

Hyde is on the same level as Thor in power without the hammer of course. Hulk is one of the most powerful creatures in the Marvel universe.
In the current show Hyde hasn't perfected his formula yet. In the comics he has a wristband that injects him with the formula when he needs it

Stan Lee actually talked about this during season 1 of Shield at the half way point. He said Marvel would start introducing characters, and concepts way ahead of the movie counterparts, and some of those characters could eventually cross over into the movies.

The Inhumans movie will certainly revolve around the royal family which the world doesn't even know exists yet.
It remains to be seen if the MCU version of Calvin has a formula or Mr. Hyde persona. He could just simply be a madman.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
It's possible he'll be able to perfect his formula at the Inhuman facility but whoever he spoke to after Gordon nabbed him was pretty disdainful so I doubt they'd bother helping him unless they thought he'd be a useful pawn.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
So is this worth watching now? Flash, Arrow, and even Gotham are all pretty good, but i remember watching the first 6 episodes of season 1 and walking away.

Column_sl

shitlord
That's a loaded question. I'm sure a lot of us are pretty bias when answering something like that.

If you like the Marvel Cinematic Universe, and want to fill in the gaps between the movies then yes it's worth watching it. Same with Agent Carter.

Back on the show. In the comics they are currently calling any new Inhuman a Nu-human. I guess we will see if that makes it into the MCU