Marvel's Avengers

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
I'm having fun with it. The single player experience is a fun story so far and the multiplayer is divorced from it in a way that people who don't want to play as Kamala Khan don't have to go through the story.

Randin

Trakanon Raider
They just announced Kate Bishop as the first post-launch character (with Hawkeye coming second).

From the Chadwick Boseman mention at the start of the stream, it sounds like they were also originally going to announce Black Panther as character #3, but cut the announcement out of respect for the dead.

If nothing else, this seems to suggest that the datamined list of 15 characters is on point, and what'll be showing up over the next year or two.

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
I'm actually liking the story so far. I just got to when Kamala finds the hulk in the beta. Maybe a memory leak because I have great performance when it first starts and then it just starts getting shittier and shitter as I play.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I’m enjoying the story. I’m at the point where Thor makes his reappearance. I’m actually enjoying the character of Kamala, I think making her a fanboy from when she was a kid fits well with the narrativ where she just still blindly believes in the avengers even if they don’t themselves. It helps that she’s probably my favourite character to play with Black Widow. I just got Thor and he looks pretty fun, but Hulk I don’t like at all, and Iron Man is ok but not my favourite, I don’t like the flying much.

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
i'm not a huge kamala fan, but the way she's portrayed in this, from what i've seen at least, is easy to take in because she's clearly very powerful, but she doesn't shit on anyone, you know?

like, she's a huge fan of these people and even when they turn out to be... well, who they are, she still believes in them and thinks they are wonderful. it's different than hero worship, it's faith in humanity.

there's a brief video with a couple of the voice actors when they were announced. troy baker (banner) says something that is really pretty spot on without being insulting. "the avengers are clearly better when they are together, but they have this dynamic... 'Do not shake'"

these people are messes that occasionally put their issues aside and save the world. then you have kamala who figures that out first hand, and instead of giving up, it just strengthens her faith that these guys are heroes and not because of their powers... it's, well it's touching. we don't see that in stories anymore.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I’m enjoying the story. I’m at the point where Thor makes his reappearance. I’m actually enjoying the character of Kamala, I think making her a fanboy from when she was a kid fits well with the narrativ where she just still blindly believes in the avengers even if they don’t themselves. It helps that she’s probably my favourite character to play with Black Widow. I just got Thor and he looks pretty fun, but Hulk I don’t like at all, and Iron Man is ok but not my favourite, I don’t like the flying much.
So, since you have Black Widow

Edit: Got it. =)

Last edited:

Argarth

On the verandah
Quick first impressions:
  • I thought Kamala Khan's origin story was beautifully done. Tons of heart and really hit me in the feels. (short version of what j00t j00t says above)
  • Found the bridge sequence pretty confusing with all the character swapping, but it's over pretty quickly so no big deal.
  • Playing very slowly through the campaign, stopping to look around, read, and picking up everything. I'm enjoying it a LOT, and the more time I spend with Kamala, the more I like her as a character. Some really good story and dialogue here, and I find myself eagerly awaiting the next thing she does or says. I don't want the campaign to end.
  • They've nailed movement for me. Aside from Kamala, who is great fun to play, just jumping for the sake of jumping is fun here, even when there's no game-play reason to do it.
  • The music is really good, and matches wonderfully what's going on on-screen. Audio and sound effects in general are all really well done.
Technical stuff:
  • Playing with a 1080Ti @ 3840x1600 I'd say the performance is... OK for now. Some other really demanding titles run a fair bit better than this for me.
  • I've got the high-res texture pack installed, but really can't set the textures to Ultra as the frame rate "chugging" sometimes is far too noticeable. I'm able to get a fairly consistent 60 to 70 fps ** with all settings on High. Game uses ~8GB VRAM with only textures set to ULTRA, and ~5GB on HIGH, so there's plenty of room in the frame buffer.
  • The game doesn't play well with RTSS, even running just the frame counter - tabbing out makes the Graphics Driver crash every time, just a few seconds after tabbing back in.
  • Can't use ReShade either. Crashes the Graphics Driver as soon as the settings are applied. Guess the game just doesn't like injectors right now.
In short - game is great! Hopefully the performance will improve, but even if it doesn't I don't think I'll be too disappointed.

** edit: ** seems like my fps numbers were off. I'm further along in the campaign now, and it's more like 55 to 60 ish. Hardly ever hitting 70 now, still very playable though.

Last edited:
  • 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Ya, single player impressions look much better than I assumed they'd be after playing Beta. Seems like a pleasant surprise, but want to wait until I can get a 3080 to dive in here

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Performance on my ps4 pro is pretty hit or miss, sometimes the game runs really smooth, other times its really bad... on either setting. Odd. Kinda disappointed at the moment with the lack of location variety and I'm nearly done with the main campaign (Reassemble, unless there is more after that). Got really annoyed with a certain mission where I had to use Iron Man to "hold" a position, but so far, that has been the only mission I disliked (a lot). Conversely, I really like the space station mission, it was done really well, imo. Note, Black Widow has a nice ass which is shown off really well in the outfit I got as a digital edition.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Every time I visit this thread I just miss Marvel Heroes

• 4Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 5 users

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Does anyone have a mission in the Utah Badlands called "Our Town"? I think I did it before, but it is no longer showing, and it happens to be a good mission to run for the Stark Tech materials.

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
It might be one of those missions you have to farm the materials for to open up. Once you do them they disappear until you get the materials for them again.

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
So game is good actually? Have a gift card I can burn but then thinking about either PS Pro or PC. Guessing PC :)

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So game is good actually? Have a gift card I can burn but then thinking about either PS Pro or PC. Guessing PC :)
I think its fun, combat is a bit spamming, but its a super hero game. Getting it for the PC should let you play at higher quality / fps than a ps4 pro... if you have a nice PC, of course. I got it for ps4 since I'll get a ps5 later. It doesn't have the polish of Ghost of Tsushima (nothing does, lol), but I don't regret the purchase.

Haven't tried out multiplayer yet though, so that could be a total shitshow. Give the game a week or so, then see what people think.

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
Note that each character has their own Daily and Weekly missions so make sure you switch it up for the short strikes in order to get them all done.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>

While the game won't win any awards, I think it's a lot of fun. I'm still just going through the campaign though which I find very good, and Kamala is also pretty good character. I only have done a few of the side missions, I wanted to unlock all the character first.

I also haven't done any multiplayer so can't comment on that.

I obviously can't comment on the end game either since I'm not there. No idea how interesting the loot and builds are going to work out in the end either. There seems to be a decent amount of thing to do and chase at the end game just don't know how much fun it will be or how long that fun will last.

• 1Like

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
You of all people shouldn't even consider supporting this shit. It's everything wrong with the GaaS business model ($60-80 game, ridiculous MTX, Fortnite-style battlepass garbage for every hero, PS-exclusive Spider-man, and on PC it's an online game that still has Denuvo crammed into it) wrapped up in one package.

• 1Mother of God