Marvel's Daredevil

moontayle

Golden Squire
I kind of appreciated the Foggy portrayal. I thought as a character he held his own and felt Nelson vs. Murdock was one of their stronger episodes. He's much closer to a "normal" character than anything from Arrow, which is actually one of the few gripes I have about that show. Even Flash has something of that going on with Iris even though the actress holds to CW's "young model" look.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Guys are nuts, Kingpin was fuckin sweet on DD s1. I was sad to see his right hand man go as well as i thought he was a great character in the show.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
The being evil for the greater good bit is getting a bit worn out, but being evil just because is much shittier writing
I don't think it would be being evil just because. More like, why does organized crime exist? Oh right, to make money off of otherwise illegal entrepreneurial endeavors.

Comic Kingpin was all about that. He had a shit childhood, became strong and climbed his way up the ladder, rung by torturous rung. Tough get tougher kind of thing. Killed off the original mob boss of the area and took it all for himself. While DD had problems with all the shit he was doing there was a clear explanation for it. To take what there was to be taken. You can make it complex without saying it was for the greater good. The "good" side would have better served as a facade. Just like he did in DD source material.

I hope they explore more of the Kingpin defending his turf from the other crime syndicates around while also trying to deal with DD. That could be interesting. As the Asian gang and whoever else was in S1.

Malkav

French Madman
Yeah, S1 Kingpin barely seemed in control of anything You expect me to believe he became the boss of all these other gangs, but when shit hit the fan he just went in a downward spiral.

Oh, and don't get me started on the whole Kingpin romance.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I thought Kingpin was the highlight of the show and the only likable character. Froggy was likable in the first half and annoying in the second half. Him being a blubbering pussy over finding out the truth was extraordinarily annoying.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I liked Kingpin when he wasn't being a gaping vagina with teenage emotions. Though I honestly didn't care for this show all too much. Possibly I just went in with too high of expectations. It felt somewhat slow and boring.

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>
I liked Kingpin when he wasn't being a gaping vagina with teenage emotions. Though I honestly didn't care for this show all too much. Possibly I just went in with too high of expectations. It felt somewhat slow and boring.
That's the entire characters background. A stunted man child with rage issues from his father who only finds his human side with a mother figure. He is pure uncontrolled childish impulse otherwise.

Column_sl

shitlord
That's the entire characters background. A stunted man child with rage issues from his father who only finds his human side with a mother figure. He is pure uncontrolled childish impulse otherwise.
That's what they changed it to for this show, not his origin in the comics...

Pretty much everyone but a few idiots hated the Kingpin portrayal. It is what it is tho. I know the writers were talking about repairing some of that Kingpin persona closer to the comics for the next season.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Comic Kingpin was cold, calculating, ruthless and a badass in the comics. Though he had a very strong relationship with his wife for whatever reason. Going into rage mode was never something I'd see him doing.

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>
That's what they changed it to for this show, not his origin in the comics...

Pretty much everyone but a few idiots hated the Kingpin portrayal. It is what it is tho. I know the writers were talking about repairing some of that Kingpin persona closer to the comics for the next season.
I wasn't referencing the comics.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
My knowledge of the Kingpin pretty much comes from Spiderman: TAS, where he hulks out on the reg. Is that not how he is in the comics?

Column_sl

shitlord
My knowledge of the Kingpin pretty much comes from Spiderman: TAS, where he hulks out on the reg. Is that not how he is in the comics?
You mean this?

Hes a badass super strong fighter that can kill everyone in a room, but he is not out of control like the Hulk.

In the Daredevil TV series they made him this raging fat kid that had no control over his emotions.

Sevens

Log Wizard
The thing is though...hes not the Kingpin yet, hes Wilson Fisk
He doesnt become the man from the comics until he faces what hes built falling apart maybe?
Seems in the last episode he finally accepted he is the man of "Bad intent"

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Yeah, S1 Kingpin barely seemed in control of anything You expect me to believe he became the boss of all these other gangs, but when shit hit the fan he just went in a downward spiral.

Oh, and don't get me started on the whole Kingpin romance.
I thought kingpin's acting was weird. I kept wondering if they told him to be stiff like that on purpose. I finally decided they did because I don't think private pyle is that bad of an actor.

Anyway, you know kingpin's girl is going to be the next arch. Bitch was colder and more calculating than kingpin. We might wind up with a virtual master-blaster setup in a future season (probably s3 because she'll spend S2 trying to spring him).

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Kinda weird to consider it Kingpin's origin story when he was already the boss of a dominating crime syndicate. You can't really say he was still coming into his own when you have criminals committing suicide for speaking his name. It just sent such a strange message about all of it.

HUH_sl

shitlord
For the last half of the season I was waiting for it to be revealed that Fisk was manipulating everyone towards some other objective. But instead his plans just kinda fell apart and he ends up raging out and beating up some people. He started off interesting but kinda fell flat and never really lived up to the hype created in the first half of the season.