Marvel's Daredevil

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Could be, could be. My Sammy Plasma has been calibrated, but that was years ago. There's a ton of 'dark' PS4 games and other shows we watch and nothing has jumped out. But it is worth checking in too.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
That fight on the roof was pretty damn dark once it got underway. It was dark enough that I was wondering about how much of a bitch it was to shoot rather than the fight itself.

Haus

<Silver Donator>
Haven't started this season yet but looking forward to binge time this weekend.

On a related note, if you get LootCrate...
this months has a reversible knit cap in it, Red with DD on one the outside, black with Punisher skull on the inside.

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
My only real gripe with most of it was, hmm.. how to put it.

If light level is on a scale from 1 to 10, 1 being pitch black and 10 being broad daylight; the fight scenes were shot at about a 2. I'm not saying they needed to be at a 10 or even a 6, but a 3 couldn't hurt. Just a little more. The hallway / stairwell scene was awesome. But when the ninjas roll in you have guys in black, fighting in night, against black rooftop.

This is going nowhere, never mind.
I wonder if they choose to do this as to not have to be as perfect with the fight choreography. As good as it was, there were a few times when the hits were obvious misses. Its a small thing, but it does kind of distract from the enjoyment when all you see are shadows fighting.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
My only real gripe with most of it was, hmm.. how to put it.

If light level is on a scale from 1 to 10, 1 being pitch black and 10 being broad daylight; the fight scenes were shot at about a 2. I'm not saying they needed to be at a 10 or even a 6, but a 3 couldn't hurt. Just a little more. The hallway / stairwell scene was awesome. But when the ninjas roll in you have guys in black, fighting in night, against black rooftop.

This is going nowhere, never mind.
You should make sure that brightness and contrast are calibrated properly.AVS HD 709 - Blu-ray & MP4 Calibration - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews

You need to download that package and run the black clipping calibration. Setting it correctly will make sure that blacks are at the correct levels and not too dark or too bright. I have an LG OLED display that was recently professionally calibrated and I never felt that blacks were too dark or being "crushed"

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
So Luke Cage is coming up in Sept. If Daredevil show is indicative of that one, it should be good. Man such good times in netflix. Im also waiting for season two of Marco Polo which is supposedly to hit this summer. I enjoyed season one of that one too.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
I wonder if they choose to do this as to not have to be as perfect with the fight choreography. As good as it was, there were a few times when the hits were obvious misses. Its a small thing, but it does kind of distract from the enjoyment when all you see are shadows fighting.
Probably just an added benefit. From a realistic standpoint, DD should try and do every fight possible in total darkness. That would be shitty viewing, so the dark but not too dark is at least acknowledging that he's not completely retarded

Xevy

Log Wizard
I like Batman not killing people, but watching DD fight along side all these people who fucking murder their enemies... it's like, just give up. You're not red batman as much as you want to be. Just fucking kill a few ninjas. You can leave bikers and low level thugs, but fucking magic ninjas? JUST KILL THEM.

That said almost all of the DD storyline and this "black sky" shit was annoying. Punisher was this season. I feel like they were going to have him minigun ninjas but they ran out of time or CGI moneys or something a la Deadpool.

I like that their 'super weapon' is a 120lb woman who's already been beaten by other people.

He thought he did kill someone though , at least thats what i took away from that rebel yell after he threw Nobu off the roof , but Stick made sure he died this time though.

Yeah that shit had to be in the script , they showed a shit ton of ninjas running on the roof and the scene where Punisher gets his goods is a pan of the minigun , that shit was ripe and they probably pulled it or not did for the reasons you mentioned and maybe would of been to over the top. Fuck that shit , i wanted that so bad would of been great and im sure woulda been hella expensive to do it right, with the roof just coming apart and ninjas fucking flopping all over the place and Punisher yelling something and DD crying as he watches all this murder take place. NO PUNISHER DONT , FUCK YOU RED!!! AHAWAH WAHW HAHW AHW sigh, what could of been eh?

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
Yeah the Black Sky reveal was totally underwhelming and probably my biggest complaint about the whole season. They never went into a ton of detail about it, making it this mysterious source of dread pushing forward Stick's "war is coming" narrative. Then instead of it being a game over like Sauron getting the One Ring it turns out to be nothing more than a skilled but not unstoppable fighter who enjoys killing people. Who Stick incidentally saves from poisoning just days before deciding to put her down like a rabid dog.

But aside from that and a few other minor things, this season was money.

Devlin

Golden Squire
Punisher and Kingpin were both awesome this season.

DD irritated me most of the time, he treated his friends like shit and even though he's someone that gets paid to argue the Punisher dominated him in their debates about killing.

I think there were a lot of loose ends that they're obviously going to explore further down the line.

Needs more Bullseye.

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
DD irritated me most of the time, he treated his friends like shit and even though he's someone that gets paid to argue the Punisher dominated him in their debates about killing.
Needs more Bullseye.
I think that was actually a feature of Matt Murdock's growth as a character in this season. It's a play on the tradition of Catholic guilt. He's conflicted about his own principle of sparing the lives of those he is trying to stop and the Punisher laying bare the weaknesses of it was to make us as viewers start to question it along with DD. When Fisk gets out of prison I expect him to start questioning it even more.

As for shitting on his friends that to was another aspect of his character development. It fed into the conversation that Rosario Dawson's character had with him on the roof of the hospital. He's been trying to go about things too isolated from those that are important to him. Hell's Kitchen isn't just his city and the only reason it is important is because it's home to people he cares about. By the end of the season he comes to realize that if he destroys all of those relationships trying to protect a place then what is he really fighting for? That's why he ends up letting Karen in to his secret at the very end. He has bridges to mend going forward.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
So Luke Cage is coming up in Sept. If Daredevil show is indicative of that one, it should be good. Man such good times in netflix. Im also waiting for season two of Marco Polo which is supposedly to hit this summer. I enjoyed season one of that one too.
I was really pleased with the casting of luke cage in jessica jones I have hopes for his series I think he will do well with it.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
You know Jessica Jones isn't a martial artist, right? It would be completely retarded to watch her doing DD-esque choreographed fight scenes
Or luke cage for that matter. Jessica and luke are not highly trained ninja fighters like DD or electra they are just really strong people who when they fight pretty much just go with raw strength and aggression and not a lot of finesse.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Finished this last night, and echoing what others have said about the Punisher. I couldn't stand him as Shane in Walking Dead, or the guy in Fury, or countless other shows. But holy shit did he become the Punisher in my mind after this.

I greatly enjoyed the entire season, but unlike a lot of you the peripheral characters (Foggy, Karen, Elektra) didn't bother me, nor did Daredevil himself, so there really wasn't much to dislike other than a few obvious plot holes, some of which were clearly left to be dealt with later.

Really looking forward to all the future Marvel Netflix shows.

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
Finished this last night, and echoing what others have said about the Punisher. I couldn't stand him as Shane in Walking Dead, or the guy in Fury, or countless other shows. But holy shit did he become the Punisher in my mind after this.

I greatly enjoyed the entire season, but unlike a lot of you the peripheral characters (Foggy, Karen, Elektra) didn't bother me, nor did Daredevil himself, so there really wasn't much to dislike other than a few obvious plot holes, some of which were clearly left to be dealt with later.

Really looking forward to all the future Marvel Netflix shows.
Dang, we keep agreeing. Perhaps we just have a problem with DC Comics. I forgive you.

Still no renewal on Daredevil for another season, or news on a Punisher series. The problem is they say they are only going to do a Marvel show once or twice a year, and Jessica Jones, Iron Fist and Defenfers are up next. So potentially, there's no new season of DD until 2018 (as well as Punisher). Cmon Marvel/Netflix, quit being such cheapassess.

Marvels Daredevil: Showrunners Quiet on Season Three Renewal - canceled TV shows - TV Series Finale