Marvel's Iron Fist

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
The Asian chick was cute. She's hardly a classic beauty in pictures, but she looked good in the show. Just ugly enough that she's obtainable. Good body, too.

MV5BMjEyNDkxODkwMl5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwMzcyNzE0MDI@._V1_.jpg

Drakain

Trakanon Raider
S2 needs more Immortal Weapons. Dog Brother and Tiger's Beautiful Daughter would be fun, but with the Bride of Nine Spiders being used, I'm not sure how to explain that.

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
I just hope they have him in pretty much permanent martial arts stuff. His awkwardness in that regards was the biggest detractor imo. If the fight scenes are amazing you can kind of get over the other stuff

Chris

Potato del Grande
Just saw this and didn't want to comment in the defenders thread since I've not seen it yet.

This was pretty great, I'm not a martial arts expert like most people on the internet so I missed any bad cheorgraphy. I don't get the complaints, it was MUCH better than Luke Cage and nearly on par with Jessica Jones / Daredevil S1 - Daredevil S2 being the best.

I liked Danny being a shitty Iron Fist because he left before his training was complete, I liked the subplots with his family with Ward fucking up all the time and his farther being a bastard. I expected it to be at Luke Cage pacing and the whole thing being about him getting his company back but that was resolved surprisingly fast and the plot moved along quickly.

Can't wait for Defenders now, having watched just the first episode Danny is my favorite of the 4 now.

Asmadai

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Just finished Season 2 of this. Season felt kinda boring, even if Danny wasn't as much of a douchenozzle. And those final few minutes, uhhh....

i-dont-know-what-i-expected-gif-10.gif

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Season started off slow, but I thought it ended great. They busted out a lot of Iron Fist mythology in those last episodes. It's definitely an improvement over the first season and the fight scenes are much better. Actually looking forward to a season 3.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Sterling

El Presidente
Only a few episodes into the new season, but the choreography is dramatically better at least.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I used to love all of the Netflix marvel shows. But I haven't been able to finish Jessica Jones season 2 or Luke Cage season 2 yet. I'll have to give it another try.

Malkav

French Madman
Way better than season 1 yeah.
Glad the season was only 10 episodes too, hope they keep this format for their next Marvel shows, 12/13 episodes always felt too long.

Oh, by the way, stay for the whole credits at the end, there is a little tease after the Netflix logo.

Asmadai

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Am I the only one (maybe it's lack of comic knowledge, but)...

Who thinks the "Iron FIST" power, working on a katana, is just retarded? And was completely underwhelmed by that cheesy ass CGI scene where Danny is shooting Iron Fist bullets out his gun in some gun-fu shit so hit another bullet mid air? That shit looked corny as fuck, and gave me VERY little hope the next season would be any good.

Who's gonna be the villain next season, some guy with a BLUE colored Iron Fist power? Pshhhhh

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Am I the only one (maybe it's lack of comic knowledge, but)...

Who thinks the "Iron FIST" power, working on a katana, is just retarded? And was completely underwhelmed by that cheesy ass CGI scene where Danny is shooting Iron Fist bullets out his gun in some gun-fu shit so hit another bullet mid air? That shit looked corny as fuck, and gave me VERY little hope the next season would be any good.

Who's gonna be the villain next season, some guy with a BLUE colored Iron Fist power? Pshhhhh

All that is comic book accurate. Also they aren't all called Iron Fists. They mention the Seven Cities of Heaven in the show and every city has their own version of the Iron Fist mantle.

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
Only a few episodes into the new season, but the choreography is dramatically better at least.
They hired a new choreo who is apparently a badass, so that makes sense. Only a couple episodes in, but curious to see what happens with this crazy Alice Eve character. Guy playing Iron Fist is still pretty insufferable, but after season 1 it really couldn't get any worse.

Side note, JJ S2 wasn't half what S1 was, but still relatively enjoyable (seemed it lacked the supporting cast, and she's less interesting as a more stable character). Luke Cage S2 was twice what S1 was, and didn't feel like they were trying to tell four stories over the season. And had a bit of Sons of Anarchy flare towards the end that I really enjoyed with a setup for a potentially very interesting season 3. I'm in the minority in that I wasn't a big fan of Daredevil, but loved the shit out of Defenders, especially the last few episodes, so I'm still looking forward to seeing how Matt Murdock crawls out of the rubble for his own season 3. And as much as I enjoy Jon Bernthal, have had a hard time getting into Punisher. Guess I should finish that out.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
God Dany Rand is such piece of shit character. I can't stand him.

I don't remember anything about Joy in season 1 other than her plotting against him. Did Dany ever learn of that? Also lol at signing a ridiculous buyout without even reading it.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
So I gave season 2 a chance, up to episode 6 it is better in almost every way. The choreography is vastly improved, the story is pretty good(so far) worth watching more of IMO.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Cybsled

I don't remember anything about Joy in season 1 other than her plotting against him. Did Dany ever learn of that? Also lol at signing a ridiculous buyout without even reading it.

Joy was in Danny's corner in S1 until after he killed her dad, then she is seen dealing with Madame Gao (indirectly).

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
Finished this yesterday while my daughter was home sick all day. It's better than season 1, but the villain is as equally insufferable as Danny Rand. Overall is just has a resounding "meh"-ness about it. Also, tye very last, scene looked like it was going somewhere cool but ended on the dumbest shit ever. Never really read his comics so not sure if that was something that happened or could happen, it was just played off poorly. Fuckin McWestern Asian trained whitey...

Sterling

El Presidente
Just finally finished this. Overall I liked the season but that flash forward at the end was WTF dumb.

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So this was much better than Season 1. It improved in pretty much every way. I actualy liked this better than Season 2 of Luke Cage. There were some slow spots but not to slow. I agree that taking this to 10 episodes helped keep the pace more tolerable. The fight scenes were greatly improved as was the scope of the fist. It was nice to see the fist used more frequently. I almost did not bother with this given how bad the first season was, but am glad I did. A solid 6.5/10 which is a large improvement over the 2/10 of the first season.