Marvel's Iron Fist

Homsar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Jessica Jones was awful, I never understood how that show was praised besides a lot of feminist out there. Keep letting Killgrave murder massive amounts of people because you want to prove someone was innocent.

I started rooting for the dumb ass women on that show to die. Didnt they even break him out of some place or were pretty much responsible for other people dying

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
The way the characters are presented I can attribute JJ's shortcomings to either the bottle or her understandable trepidation concerning Killgrave .

With Danny Rand it's the sand in his vagina is getting in the way of him either enjoying his billions or fulfilling his promise as the wielder of some mystical power.

And at the end when Davos is sitting there talking to Joy and says Danny has to die and she's "I'm listening ...", where the fuck did that turn come from? There was zero setup for it on her part.

Last edited:

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>
All the characters on this show with possibly the small occasional exception for Ward, are totally arbitrary and written piss poor.

Also ZOMG characters don't make the decisions I would with my perfect context free judgement and authorial omniscience. So stoopid.

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
Jessica Jones was awful, I never understood how that show was praised besides a lot of feminist out there. Keep letting Killgrave murder massive amounts of people because you want to prove someone was innocent.

I started rooting for the dumb ass women on that show to die. Didnt they even break him out of some place or were pretty much responsible for other people dying
Jessica Jones was awesome. Of course her character did stupid shit. You know who else did stupid shit? Walter and Jesse in Breaking Bad. While it was frustrating to watch, in some ways I think thats part of the point. Theyre both tragedies on some level.

What did you expect to happen when you give a woman superpowers? Yes, laugh, but then seriously think about it. Do you know any women who'd behave rationally with superpowers?

I think Jessica Jones was great. There were problems (viral mind control, wtf) but her irrational behavior wasnt the problem for me.

• 1Solidarity

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I enjoyed JJ quite a bit. I except her not being the sharpest tool in the shed and also making piss poor decisions because a) she actually isnt the sharpest tool in the shed, 2) she is a drunk and 3) she is mentally all sorts of fucked up due to all the shit in her past. The Danny Rand character just isnt believable. For the first half of the season I figured it was him being the guy who had no real experience in a modern civilized society and it made sense. I assumed (wrongly) that he was actually a good actor playing this role of stupid is as stupid does much like the guy in Agents of Shield who everyone thought was the worst actor ever until he changed sides and showed his horrible acting was in fact an act.

The stranger in a strange land bit could have been tempered and provided good comic relief if used sparingly. "Colleen, we have to stop that man dressed like a woman who just went into the women's bathroom. No, its ok Danny, she is just trans. Trans what?" Cue the laugh track. As much as I loved the comic and the Netflix shows, this one really was just not good on so many different levels.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Jessica Jones was awesome. Of course her character did stupid shit. You know who else did stupid shit? Walter and Jesse in Breaking Bad. While it was frustrating to watch, in some ways I think thats part of the point. Theyre both tragedies on some level.

What did you expect to happen when you give a woman superpowers? Yes, laugh, but then seriously think about it. Do you know any women who'd behave rationally with superpowers?

I think Jessica Jones was great. There were problems (viral mind control, wtf) but her irrational behavior wasnt the problem for me.

Wow you went from comparing JJ, a poorly written show with the character depth of a puddle, to Breaking Bad and then decided to go full sexist as well. What a shitty post all around.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

DaliLhama

Golden Squire
Did not like it much, was expecting a martial arts series. The opening got me all hyped for some awesome fighting. Bummer, so was there anything on a Punisher series or is Defenders next?

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Did not like it much, was expecting a martial arts series. The opening got me all hyped for some awesome fighting. Bummer, so was there anything on a Punisher series or is Defenders next?

Defenders late summer, Punisher maybe by the end of the year. Then I think it's JJ 2 and Luke Cage 2 after that. No word on DD3 or IF 2 yet.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Wow you went from comparing JJ, a poorly written show with the character depth of a puddle, to Breaking Bad and then decided to go full sexist as well. What a shitty post all around.

Don't be such a sjw faggot. JJ wasn't Breaking Bad, but it was pretty good.

I agree most of it was Kilgrave, but don't get why people think that doesn't count for some reason.

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
I can't believe I'm still on episode 7. That tells you how much I like the show. We had all of the Marvel shows finished before the Sunday after release. One week later, and I'd rather watch the CW shows than to watch this.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I can't believe I'm still on episode 7. That tells you how much I like the show. We had all of the Marvel shows finished before the Sunday after release. One week later, and I'd rather watch the CW shows than to watch this.

I was playing Hollow Knight through the majority of the time I was watching this haha! That's how you do it.

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
I did compare them, youre right. You know who else compared them? You did. You and I both concluded they were not identical shows, although I was highlighting a similarity between them. You found it more profound to remark on the fact that they are in fact different shows. Well said sir, they are indeed.

The less said about your SJWism the better.

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
I was playing Hollow Knight through the majority of the time I was watching this haha! That's how you do it.

I'm legitimately only watching this show for the Defenders tie-in.

• 1Solidarity

Jorren

Maximum Derek
<Bronze Donator>
I'm legitimately only watching this show for the Defenders tie-in.

Same. This is pretty much a poorly done Arrow...

DD and Punisher are two of my favorite heroes. IMO they are doing an excellent job with both (D'Nofrio as Kingpin is so brilliant). I had not heard of Jessica Jones before the series. I have a thing for Kristen Ritter, and that style of noir(?) Detective thing where everything just goes shitty. So that was a win for me.

Luke Cage got big style points, but the end was whatever, and the Actress that plays Mariah bugs the shit out of me...

Iron Fist was pretty bad (I still have one or two to finish). He does all of this Wooosaaa shit to control his emotions, and then immediately makes a stupid emotionally charged decision. Anyone who tries to point out, he over rules with "big personality(?)" because he is the Iron Fist and was chosen. American Psycho, Joy and their Dad had some promise, but the script was meh. If the Script was tighter, and they did not have Danny be such a bitch, it would have been a lot cooler. I do not know the source material, so take it with a grain.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Don't be such a sjw faggot. JJ wasn't Breaking Bad, but it was pretty good.

I agree most of it was Kilgrave, but don't get why people think that doesn't count for some reason.

I agree he was fantastic. If the show was 2-3 episodes shorter it could have been the best super hero show ever put out. It dragged just a bit to long.

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
I agree he was fantastic. If the show was 2-3 episodes shorter it could have been the best super hero show ever put out. It dragged just a bit to long.

I wonder if we'd have all loved Stranger Things if it was 13 episodes.

• 1Like

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
Well most showrunners when asked prefer shorter seasons but it ultimately comes down to what they could have done with the additional run time. Eight hours to thirteen is a big jump though. Stranger Things didn't end feeling like it left some unturned stones lying about so I'm going to say it wouldn't have been as good. But I loved that show so much it could actually have been a little worse and I'd still have loved it though maybe not if they had to fill five additional hours.

• 1Solidarity

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Binged through this last night and I feel it went on toooooo long, with Danny being way to emotional. I feel no desire to watch a second season, if there is one, due to believing it will have Danny spend most of his screen time feeling guilty. No thanks.