Marvel's Iron Fist

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
A few problems so far:

- Pacing seems to be slower than any of the other Marvel shows.

- The choreography is bad, and the actors do not look like they are martial artists that have reached a superhuman level. I'm not sure how long they trained them, but Finn seems unsure of how to use his hands. And his strikes he's not pulling back. He throws them out there and leaves them hanging. He doesn't look like he's had six months' training under his belt. He moves like a novice. My 11 year old daughter strikes with more proficiency. To be fair, DD only moved so well because he had highly proficient stunt doubles they could hide behind the mask. Finn doesn't have that luxury. He's got to move like he's trained for 15 years day and night, and can punch out dragons, but he's not trained but a few months. If they'd given him more time to train (not sure if being on GoT would have allowed that), the show would be better.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chinaman889

<Silver Donator>
Didn't mind episodes 1-3, I just saw them as drawn out groundwork.
Now that he's back at Rand, things should pick up I hope.

Overall not bad so far. More enjoyable than the first few episodes of JJ for me.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Malkav

French Madman
I have some yellow fever for Colleen though. She's cute as fuck.

• 3Solidarity
  • 2Like
Reactions: 4 users

Malkav

French Madman
Just finished it.

Was nowhere as bad as the critics said. Except for Danny being a train wreck.
Regarding the end
WTH Joy? You start the episode by confronting Harold for framing Danny, and by the end you are ready to conspire with Davos to kill Danny? Davos which seems to now be working with Gao? God damn it woman!
Oh, and Harold was reaaaally creepy after his second ressurection, hat's off to the actor.

• 2Like

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>
lol I was like wtf when I saw that as well. They had to of makeuped the shit out of her to hide her asian features. she mad rang rang.

Also isn't she the one who shows the dude her tits while poisoning him?

• 2Like

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
Just finished ep3, this is not nearly as bad as some of you made it out to be. Though, I think reading the reviews here set the bar so low it helped, basically I expected a complete & total shit show. My biggest complaint so far is the choreography of the fight scenes, but we knew that was going to be bad from seeing the trailer with the cage match.

It reminds me of the early shows on DD, just slow. It took a awhile to get where they were going, but it was worth the wait. I am hoping IF is the same.

• 1Like

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
Yeah the lack of face-hiding costumes limits their use of stunt doubles for the fights and it shows in the end product. Through 4 episodes so far and I'm liking it better than I thought I would from the trailers. I have an inkling that 13 episodes is going to end up being too many though.

• 1Like

sneakyflute

Golden Squire
Does this guy do anything other than tai chi and get a super charged fist once a week? Admittedly, I'm not very familiar with the comics but this is the lamest superhero adaptation ever. With that said, I think it's more entertaining than Luke Cage.

• 2Like

Sumdain x

Trakanon Raider
Im on episode 7, the fight scenes are pretty bad. this show could have been some epic daredevil hallway fight scenes one after another and instead is just what is seemingly slow motion kung-fu. I am enjoying the storyline now that it has picked up a little more if only it had better fight choreography. also shout out to Job from Banshee as the monk guy Danny talks to.

ill put this below Jessica Jones and Daredevil season 1 but above season 2 and Luke Cage.

• 1Like

Caliane

cheesy as hell wirefu would have been pretty amazing as well. Like the first episode has that nonsense car jump. it was bad and out of the place. but if the rest of the show was full of it. would have been great.
quick google for examples, and found this.
like the visual of scott pilgrim, kill bill, iron fist, black dynamite,etc, would have been terrific.

Im on epi 8. and this should have been filled with balls to the walls fight scenes. and its not. at all. barely any.

• 1Like

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Does this guy do anything other than tai chi and get a super charged fist once a week? Admittedly, I'm not very familiar with the comics but this is the lamest superhero adaptation ever. With that said, I think it's more entertaining than Luke Cage.
They watered down Iron Fist's powers to practically nothing in this, compared to the comics. If they felt they needed to tone him down to be even remotely on the same level as the other Defenders I would have preferred they weaken the iron fist itself rather than limit him to using it once an episode or less because it "depletes his chi". As it stands, they did both, AND they ignore almost everything else that his chi powers should allow him to do.

That said, it's still much better than Jessica Jones or Luke Cage.

cheesy as hell wirefu would have been pretty amazing as well.
Eh, not really. How would they integrate that into the Defenders? It had to be filmed in the same style as all the other Netflix shows. I wish more of the choreography was like the scene in the hospital where Colleen Wing handles the guy stepping out of the elevator.

Last edited:
  • 2Like

Mr. K

Molten Core Raider
Danny is a bit annoying, they need to tighten that up for the Defenders.

I'm on Ep8, and it's good not great...But I'm still triggered by the reviews which are obviously skewed by the racial component.

I do not want fucking SJWs anywhere near my Marvel stuff. Stay the fuck away. Go put your 100% fresh stamp of approval on Key and Peele movies.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
On episode 7 and enjoying it. It is it amazing? No, but it's not nearly as bad as the early reviews would have had me believe. It's no better or worse than Luke Cage or Jessica Jones in my opinion. In fact, I might even consider it slightly better than those since it actually deals with the overarching storyline of The Hand, whereas JJ and LC were much more standalone.

I certainly wouldn't consider this a "miss" by Marvel. It's quite enjoyable. If you truly hate it, then you're probably just an awful human being with bad taste who hates most things (read: SJW or typical RR forum member).

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
Yeah the lack of face-hiding costumes limits their use of stunt doubles for the fights and it shows in the end product. Through 4 episodes so far and I'm liking it better than I thought I would from the trailers. I have an inkling that 13 episodes is going to end up being too many though.
Does he end up getting his costume from the comics? If yes, I imagine fight scenes might improve.

• 1Like

TBT-TheBigToe

Gemcutter
<Gold Donor>
Boring. Like toast that wasn't hot enough to properly melt the butter. Bland and without anything to make it special.

Some will like it, I didn't like Luke Cage either though too many black people. j/k I couldn't stay awake during half the episodes, I just wasn't interested, find their pacing to be slow as fuck. Never feels like anything is actually happening and then when something does happen it is kind of weak. Nothing interesting anyways and that is the core of it. I don't find this show interesting and it there isn't enough action to keep me entertained.

Everything is flat and slow. The action sequences are weak and he looks too much like he is dancing and not fighting. Doesn't work for me.

Just my opinion.

• 1Like