Marvel's Iron Fist

Mr. K

Molten Core Raider
1st Season Daredevil good start to finish.

JJ was just ok to me, great villain, weak story.

2nd Season Daredevil, Punisher good, Elektra shit.

Luke Cage, first half good/great, second half was Meteorman level crap.

Sounds like Ironfist is going to be rough first half, hoping the second is better.

Please stop trying to feed us that Luke Cage's second half was good, it really wasn't. And I'm sad it wasn't because it had so much promise.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Asmadai

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
lol news articles saying this show suffers from a "lack of diversity" after raving about Luke Cage

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Thankfully the rest of the world disagrees with you lemmings. Luke Cage had a rotten tomatoes score of 96%. But hey, keep being the best edgelords that you can be.

Are you just going to ignore the actual points made about Diamondback and magic bullets being pretty stupid?

I dont think the series was bad overall, but you're in denial if you don't believe those are actual flaws

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
Are you just going to ignore the actual points made about Diamondback and magic bullets being pretty stupid?

I dont think the series was bad overall, but you're in denial if you don't believe those are actual flaws

I agree 100% with the critics on this one. DDs1 and JJ were good, but had pacing issues. I liked DDs2 and LC the most.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Daredevil is well reviewed because it has a disabled main character.

Jessica Jones is well reviewed because it's a heavily female cast taking down a white rapist.

Luke Cage is well reviewed because it's a diverse cast of 100% black people once the one white corrupt cop is dead.

Iron Fist is an able bodied cis gender straight white male apparently teaching Asians (a minority) their own martial arts. Asian people are schrodinger's race and count as white when you want to say the cast isn't diverse though.

Now Daredevil and Jessica Jones were actually good, but the ratings of these things is little to do with how good they actually are. I'll watch Iron Fist and make up my own mind.

• 4Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
I'll watch Iron Fist and make up my own mind.

That is one thing we can agree on. Hopefully this is just salty SJW's, but we'll see. Marvel is due to have a screw up some time, right?

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
Marvel is due to have a screw up some time, right?

This is a Marvel TV/streamed product so it's not directly under the steady hand of Fiege. I think he's probably given a producer credit but he's not really that involved.

Croetec

Lord Nagafen Raider
Bout to start third episode and this show so far is really bad. Dialogue is terrible and so far I have no reason to give a shit about any of these characters, Scott Buck really did fuck this up somehow.

sakkath

Trakanon Raider
I'm also 2 episodes in so far and I'm enjoying it. It's definitely weaker than daredevil though.. less interesting characters, fight choreography isn't as good. Still better than 95% of other TV shows. I want to binge the whole thing but it's getting late.

Malkav

French Madman
3 episode in. Is it boring? A bit. Is it bad though? I wouldn't go that far.

Danny is a bit retarded though.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
Bout to start third episode and this show so far is really bad. Dialogue is terrible and so far I have no reason to give a shit about any of these characters, Scott Buck really did fuck this up somehow.

This is not what I wanted to hear.

Croetec

Lord Nagafen Raider
Worked my way through to ep6 trying to give the show more time but to me it just feels like those 3-4 ep's every previous Marvel netflix show had where everything slowed down and dragged to the point you just wanted to skip certain scenes put into a 13ep show. Is the show a horrendous mess and unwatchable? No. I can see why some will enjoy it, its just not for me.

DD/JJ/LC all had a sense of style in what it wanted to be, this just feels like some generic CW show that tried borrowing elements from the other shows that made them work and shoehorning them into this. Definitely weakest villains they've ever had on this one.

Watched Marc Bernardin's review after holding off till this aired, respect the guys critiques on everything especially when Kevin Smith will suck the dick of anything comic book related. Marc brings up most of the problems I find in it.

Last edited:

Caliane

show doesnt seem to actually start to Episode 4.

1-3 seems utterly pointless. As, the "Im really Danny rand" is dumb. WE know hes Danny. if the show was created in such a way, that WE the viewer didn't actually know he was danny, it would have had some actual interest, tension, etc.

Malkav

French Madman
Up to episode 10.

Seriously, Danny is an uber retarded angry whiny child. I was ranting when Jessica Jones was making retarded choices, but this is even worse.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Lenardo

Vyemm Raider
i've made it to episode 4....so far frankly i liked it better than jessica jones. DD season 1 , cage, dd season 2, and JJ are my rankings. i'll have to finish the series before i move this up... what i have seen so far might put this 3rd in my book...liking the sensei girl...she has...anger issues :)

Guurn

<Bronze Donator>
I'm having trouble with Fred Armistan being his childhood friend. Other than that it seems pretty by the numbers.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Only an episode in but didn't mind it too much. Looking forward to digging into more of it over the weekend.

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
yeah sorry can't take any opinion seriously that puts LC anywhere other than the bottom.

DD2, JJ, DD1, LC so far. about 3 episodes in and wondering why it needs to be 13 episodes. very slow build up. agree with:

show doesnt seem to actually start to Episode 4.

1-3 seems utterly pointless. As, the "Im really Danny rand" is dumb. WE know hes Danny. if the show was created in such a way, that WE the viewer didn't actually know he was danny, it would have had some actual interest, tension, etc.
it's just stupid so far.