Marvel's Jessica Jones

velk

Trakanon Raider
Question on Killgrave...

The thing that bothered me is they said Killgraves power was the result of a virus taking hold of those it came in contact with. It's one of the reasons he had a range and why after 12 hours it wore off.

So why would making him stronger have given him the ability to do it through the phones or TV's?
His power 'doesn't work' over the phone just because you need to be infected first. If you are already, he can still control you. ( See hospital at start ). Making him stronger just made the infection last longer and spread better so phone or tv was more practical

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
The worst possible thing for the future of this show is if they switched it to villain of the week.
Why's that?

I honestly don't know where they go from here since anything after Kilgrave will be a letdown, but a lot of shows are at their best under that format.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
His power 'doesn't work' over the phone just because you need to be infected first. If you are already, he can still control you. ( See hospital at start ). Making him stronger just made the infection last longer and spread better so phone or tv was more practical
I think it had to do with the range increase thing. They increased his range to 100 yards but he can't give orders to everyone in that range, thus the tv/radio/etc.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
That woulda meant he had time to walk through the majority of that hospital and I'm not buying it considering how little time he had. Even at that point it was like 100ft

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
That woulda meant he had time to walk through the majority of that hospital and I'm not buying it considering how little time he had. Even at that point it was like 100ft
He says he's at 100 yards by that point. He wouldn't have had to walk through the hospital, it's all open air, they'd all be infected, he would just have to find a way to get the command to all of them. Thus the tv.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Even at 100 yards is't not feesable the whole hospital would be under control in a matter of moments. It's silly to think how quickly it takes hold as a virus even when by someone. Saying it's a virus was stupid.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
i dont know how that works. He was in the hospital for quite some time, so it isn't like he just strolled in. I'm sure it probably takes less time than you'd think for air particles to cycle through a large area like that, but w/e.

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
pretty sure hospitals have hepa filters which are like 99.999% vs viruses so yeah. it makes even less sense for the virus to spread at all or even that quickly through the air/circulation of a hospital vs anywhere else, like a mall or stadium or whatnot. it was dumb whatever who cares.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Come on, people. Complaining that a super villains super powers aren't scientifically sound is pretty silly.

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Why's that?

I honestly don't know where they go from here since anything after Kilgrave will be a letdown, but a lot of shows are at their best under that format.
IGH is up next. They've been making superhumans for a while now on the down low. Whether it's Luke Cage, Defenders, or the next seasons of DD and Jessica Jones that group will be either backing or be the big bad.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
If it wasn't a major plot point? sure. However it is.
The only way it plays into the plot is when he talks about developing a vaccine, but then it's never mentioned again. I'm guessing they planned on making it a big part of the plot and then changed their mind afterwards.

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
What's next after this, second season of DD and then Defenders? I'm thinking of the 70's version and I thought that had Hulk and Son of Satan or something like that.
Supposedly, you have Luke Cage, then Ironfist, then the Defenders ensemble season. Depending on delays for Ironfist, I suppose you may have a 2nd season of DD before...

Devlin

Golden Squire
Show was okay but it really seemed to drag on rather pointlessly quite quickly.

I'd be more interested in a Punisher show so I'm looking forward to season 2 of Daredevil.

I couldn't give less of a shit about what the critics are saying, this isn't the best superhero show ever. Flash season one was better.

lordvanduu_sl

shitlord
In both this show and Daredevil, every time the NY skyline was shown I kept expecting to be given a glimpse of Avengers tower like in Age of Ultron, but as far as I could tell, we never got it.

I think the reason Jessica worked so hard to try to prove that Hope wasn't responsible for her actions while under Kilgrave's control was because it would help Jessica herself to feel like she wasn't responsible for her actions while under his control too.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
IGH is up next. They've been making superhumans for a while now on the down low. Whether it's Luke Cage, Defenders, or the next seasons of DD and Jessica Jones that group will be either backing or be the big bad.
I'm guessing that's more of a Defenders thing. Her going up against anew organization that creates superhumans doesn't fit very well with the show.

She's not a one man army type of superhero.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
Come on, people. Complaining that a super villains super powers aren't scientifically sound is pretty silly.
I don't quite get why they did not go with his powers being pheromone based. You gain about the same ways of stopping it the virus angle gives with less weirdness like how it spread in a hospital that quickly.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
The virus thing was so silly it felt like a throwaway line. Could mean anything. Could be some kind of audible virus or lingual or based on bacteria. Better just to roll with it. Is it OK to openly discuss the show now?