Mass Effect: Andromeda - Autism reaches outer space

Skanda

I'm Amod too!
I played DA:I and enjoyed it enough that this game will probably be just fine mechanics-wise. You can also isolate goofy animation from pretty much any game if you're determined enough so seeing a few lol worthy GIFs doesn't really concern me much. Even horse-faced Fem-Ryder doesn't bother me all that much because of character customization. My only real worry, since pretty much day one, is how much Virtue signaling these SJW shit bags that work at Bioware manage to stuff into the story.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
What a cunty rejoinder. He isn't the the only one wanting a bit more than Gears of War in space. I'd personally like Mass Effect in space, because, y'know, it's an rpg series.

The thing is that that ME has always been a RPG with cover shooter gameplay. Not quite sure why someone would expect that to change.

That last video looks pretty good. I'm still on the fence, but will probably cave in and buy it a few days after release unless there are some serious problems. Hell, as long as the multiplayer is still as good as ME3, I'll probably buy it even if the single player is bad.

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
The new "golden worlds" training briefing is up. They do at least mention one world as the best shot for dextroprotein lifeforms / biology to support the Turian and Quarian colonists. This addresses one of the head-scratcher things that was bugging me about the whole Andromeda Initiative and the fundamental difference in their biology as well as making it clear that there are Quarians around even if there doesn't seem to be one amongst the crew. I wonder if there are any Volus , Elcor, or Hannar in the game? I always thought it would be cool to have a Volus member of the main team. Based on the misc information within the original trilogy there should be at least as many Volus running around as there are Quarians, just because of Tali and her role in the overall plot the Quarian story was much more prevalent in the plot.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
Well it would sort of make sense for them to not be on the human ark. If they don't have an ark of their own then it would make sense for them to be on the turian one as their basic biologies are more compatible for foodstuffs.

goishen

Macho Ma'am
I can just imagine the next four games. Saving the Salarian ark. Saving the Turian/quarian ark. Saving the... I dunno WTF the other ark is. But that one. And finally saving the Nexus.

You've gotta get all of the people off! Which is just about as gay as it sounds.

EDIT : Oh goody, the WoW of SP games.

JonahNator‏ @therandomgamer
I'm new to the trilogy so I'm confused on how this is linked between SP-MP what do you get exactly for doing these?

Ian S. Frazier‏ @tibermoon
In SP, you can send Strike Teams on missions. These take time. They have % chance to succeed based on their level & traits. If they succeed, they gain xp and Ryder gets a special reward. If they fail, they get less xp and no reward for Ryder.

Last edited:

Palum

what Suineg set it to
So...... Collect 5000 bear asses on 7 different worlds in 30 different clusters?

While piloting an 8x8 utility vehicle with the turning radius of an aircraft carrier and the suspension of a WW1 tank.

• 1Like

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
I can just imagine the next four games. Saving the Salarian ark. Saving the Turian/quarian ark. Saving the... I dunno WTF the other ark is. But that one. And finally saving the Nexus.

You've gotta get all of the people off! Which is just about as gay as it sounds.

I'm new to the trilogy so I'm confused on how this is linked between SP-MP what do you get exactly for doing these?

In SP, you can send Strike Teams on missions. These take time. They have % chance to succeed based on their level & traits. If they succeed, they gain xp and Ryder gets a special reward. If they fail, they get less xp and no reward for Ryder.

Don't forget about how every choice you make when saving those arks will have major consequences when you finally reach the Nexus, only to find out Femshep had been pulling the strings this whole time! Plot twist! Nothing you did mattered.

Can't wait to pirate this though.

Skanda

I'm Amod too!

Dragon Age: Inquisition did it first with their War Table. What was funny about DA:I's implementation was the count down timer was tied to your system clock so you could just skip the longer missions by moving your clock ahead by a few hours. One of the first DA:I mods fully removed the count down timer as well so you didn't even have to wait anymore.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I didn't beat DA:I but I thought the war table was a piece of shit waste of time that just made me run around my stupid fort.

All I can think about when thinking of going back to DA:I is how much time I have to run around my fort. It's one thing I dread with ME:A.

• 1Like

goishen

Macho Ma'am
I didn't beat DA:I but I thought the war table was a piece of shit waste of time that just made me run around my stupid fort.

All I can think about when thinking of going back to DA:I is how much time I have to run around my fort. It's one thing I dread with ME:A.

It's like they are teaching big girls how to be little boys. It's kind'a sad. "No, I'm in my fort. You can't hurt me."

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
This thing looks terrible. After Horizon Zero Dawn and with me playing Zelda next, I may give it a shot when it hits the bargain bin.

Skanda

I'm Amod too!
I thought Horse Face was the character they were pushing for all the advertisement this go around?