Mass Effect: Andromeda - Autism reaches outer space

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
This is one of those really strange games where the more I hear about it... the more ambiguous it becomes.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

sukik

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
That trailer was uninspiring and those model proportions look freakish. The Mass Effect 2/3 models may not be realistic but they look good and the portray attitude of the characters well.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I played an extreme amount of ME3 multiplayer, and those who were lucky enough to play with me in that time period know I was the champion fucking sniper who could carry the entire team for days. After watching that video I can't help but think that when I try ME:A multiplayer it'll just feel like the same stuff except I don't have all my cool weapons unlocked and I won't be able to get into it.

• 1Solidarity

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I played Biotics, nearly exclusively (aside from dabbling with the Geth Techie) in ME3 MP. Depending on how cooldowns work in the new one, they might be the easiest to pick up (again) of the existing classes. I wonder if they will keep the detonator chains intact, because that was my bread and butter. I was one of the few people playing a bubble Asari and would regularly team up with another Asari biotic who knew all the combos. We would just melt shit and let the snipers handle the banshees and objective grabs.

I normally hate MP in games, but I am really looking forward to it in this game, because coop MP modes are severely lacking in games these days.

Scooby

Trakanon Raider

I am completely disappointed with MEO's character creation options..

No options for eyebrow, eye, nose, or mouth shape. No adjustments for ears or complexion options at all. And once again no long hairstyles, I know they can do them both Ashley & Miranda looked good.

I mean WTF this is a huge backstep from the CC in DA:I which was a Frostbyte game too so they don't have that bullshit excuse.

Nester

Vyemm Raider
Gonna make me the ugliest femshep I can then make her a raging whore. Next week can not come fast enough!

• 1Like

Skanda

I'm Amod too!
I am completely disappointed with MEO's character creation options..

No options for eyebrow, eye, nose, or mouth shape. No adjustments for ears or complexion options at all. And once again no long hairstyles, I know they can do them both Ashley & Miranda looked good.

I mean WTF this is a huge backstep from the CC in DA:I which was a Frostbyte game too so they don't have that bullshit excuse.

Those are some enormous oversights for character customization in a AAA game. The lack of long hair is pretty normal though so they don't have to mess with hair physics and making sure it works for every possible piece of gear you can wear. The only reason Ashley and Miranda worked is they didn't change their costume at all so it was easy to make sure their long hair played nice with their clothes.

Phazael

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Not all of us are as jaded as you. ME is the only shooter franchise I even remotely like (unless you count Neir) and I already know it will be money better spent than what I blew on Torment.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Not all of us are as jaded as you. ME is the only shooter franchise I even remotely like (unless you count Neir) and I already know it will be money better spent than what I blew on Torment.
Pretty easy to become jaded after seeing all this info about ME:A.

• 1Solidarity

Phazael

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
It is, but its also easy to jump aboard the internet hate train on things (and the first ending of ME3 did them no favors on this front) and get wrapped up in hyperbole. DA:I had a lot of bad press leading up to it and wound up being a solid game, for the most part. The graphic complaints are dumb, because often games with ridiculously bad physics engines (Fallout4) or awkwardly animated models (Nioh) end up being good games. This game will fail or succeed on its story and gameplay.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
People are actually buying this day 1?

Yeap. Been seeing pre-order threads cropping up and individual threads on ME on alternative sites that don't typically discuss shooters. Bitches love ME.

On that basis I'm going to at least look at it.

eXarc

Trakanon Raider
No long hair drives me fucking crazy. I hate pixie dyke bullshit. That is a serious lack of options for creation in a AAA title, especially for one that asks you to get as invested in your main character as a series like ME does.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Im going to order this the day before it comes out so long as reviews are shit.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>

Not jaded. I realize when publishers and developers push out shit. Horizon rocked. But also know why it was going to? They didn't embargo the review and had plenty of transparency before release. This? We are only seeing Information flow out now. A cancelled multiplayer beta because they were afraid of more bad press and, well, you get the point. If they were confident, Information would have been all over the place for a month now. Which means one of two things or both. It's rushed to shit, or they aren't confident in their own product and are trying to protect day one sales. After horizon and Zelda we need more games like those. Not rushed garbage to hit a quarterly sales push for EA or Ubisoft.

If that's jaded, calling a spade a spade, I'm jaded I guess.

I'll wait to see what you all think obviously. I liked all three mass effects. Only finished one and two. Bioware lost all their good writers so hopefully someone pulls a bunny out of the hat. But I doubt it.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Anyone buying this day 1 deserves to get burned. This game is chucking out warning signs like a first date asking you how you feel about gonorrhea.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users