Mass Effect: Andromeda - Autism reaches outer space

khorum

Murder Apologist
LMAO so I haven't been paying any attention to this game, I just knew about Bioware's hardcore SJW designers and leadership and assumed that's what was happening...

...turns out yep, people have known that this has been a deliberate decision to "ugly up" the female characters to make the designs more SJW-friendly. Going so far as deliberately making the female lead's face substantially homelier than model she was based on. But they DIDN'T do it for the male character. In fact, the male hero looks prettier than the RL actor, but is shorter and stubbier than his 6'4" proportions!

mass-effect-andromeda-face-model.jpg

mass-effect-andromeda-jayde-rossi.jpg

the-old-bioware.jpg

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Rafterman

Molten Core Raider
This is what happens when you spend more time asking potential hires about political issues and less time making sure they can do their jobs. The new Bioware is fucking garbage.

• 2Like

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
Not saying the game will be good or bad but I wouldn't trust the gaming media (RPS is a real pile of shit site as well) to get the color of the sky correct if they had to write an article about it. I'll trust youtube and word of mouth reviews

Same. But ouch at this dialogue.

“I tend to live the way I work: kinda “feel it, do it.” Not a lot of close ties, no real sense of purpose

I haven't ranted about SJWs in bioware except for the racist dude--but honestly, one thing I've noticed about full on SJW writers is they tend to be fucking TERRIBLE with "telling without showing". They write characters in the same way they want their personal ideological beliefs conveyed, very overtly, explained in a ridiculously obtuse manner. It's how that Baldur's gate monstrosity ended up having dialogue that literally explained what Transgender was, and then all the answers were different variations of polite and progressive acceptance of it.

They are often full on of the belief that life imitates art, and its absolutely needed that they explain their messages and meaning clearly so people learn how they should behave. It's effectively 1950's leave it to beaver writing or family Western writing where they have the little monologues explaining PRECISELY what the moral lesson is.

Again, I don't really trust the gaming press, so I'm going to wait and see. I never day 1 order anything anymore, absolutely zero need with digital content now. (A lesson driven home in part thanks to Dragon Age 2, and a couple other games). So I'll be relying on posts here and youtube reviews from actual decent gamers--but the dialogue I've heard so far does not leave me optimistic, even outside the reviews, the random dialogue is cringey as fuck, and the person who wrote the bits I've seen clearly has no idea what the golden rule of writing is (Show don't tell.)

Last edited:
  • 2Solidarity

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>

“I tend to live the way I work: kinda “feel it, do it.” Not a lot of close ties, no real sense of purpose

I haven't ranted about SJWs in bioware except for the racist dude--but honestly, one thing I've noticed about full on SJW writers is they tend to be fucking TERRIBLE with "telling without showing". The write characters in the same way they want their personal ideological beliefs conveyed, very clearly and overtly, explained in a ridiculously obtuse manner. It's how that Baldur's gate monstrosity ended up having dialogue that literally explained what Transgender was, and then all the answers were different variations of polite and progressive acceptance of it.

They are often full on of the belief that life imitates art, and its absolutely needed that they explain their messages and meaning clearly so people learn how they should behave. It's effectively 1950's leave it to beaver writing or family Western writing where they have the little monologues explaining PRECISELY what the moral lesson is.

Again, I don't really trust the gaming press, so I'm going to wait and see. I never day 1 order anything anymore, absolutely zero need with digital content now. (A lesson driven home in part thanks to Dragon Age 2, and a couple other games). So I'll be relying on posts here and youtube reviews from actual decent gamers--but the dialogue I've heard so far does not leave me optimistic, even outside the reviews, the random dialogue is cringey as fuck, and the person who wrote the bits I've seen clearly has no idea what the golden rule of writing is (Show don't tell.)

I about lost my shit in the hilarity of the tranny in Baldur's Gate. That dialog was almost satire. Although the writer didn't even realize it. Going on about having a strange name? In fucking Forgotten Realms? Yeah, lol. Nevermind that there was already a quest arc in BGII where Edward got changed into a woman via some magical bullshit. But no. Go through the trouble of becoming a tranny in an environment where sex-altering magic is already in existence and the very item that does it is IN THE GAME YOU ARE PLAYING.

I know you guys group with dwarves, dark elves, half elves and slay dragons, evil wizards, kobolds and all kinds of ferocious beasts. But I am an elf who pretends to be a woman elf. CAN YOU HANDLE THAT SHIT YOU FUCKING BIGOT ADVENTURERS?

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
TBH ME3 is 95% fine, it's mostly just the ending which sucks.

Well yeah. The Mordin arc conclusion is probably one of the most emotional moments for me in a game ever because I was so attached to Mordin in ME2. Love that guy. He was my Minsc of ME. If the end of ME3 was say, the end of ME1 and it was shitty then that can be overlooked. But you're talking the end of a beloved trilogy with dozens of A+ characters and backstories... capstoned in an ending that was just trash.

It's even made worse with the Indoctrination Theory having SO MUCH substance. There is so much framework within the game that Shepherd was indoctrinated and that that was being heavily incorporated into the ending. Only to be derailed by the retard game director thinking he knew everything and ignoring the entire staff of superb writers they had... not even letting them peer review and offer guidance on how to write it. That part was a fucking shame.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Well, here is some news for you. They went all in with the suck on this one.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

spronk

FPS noob
the game will be up tomorrow (march 16th) on origin/EA access on pc/xbone, so everyone can check out the first 10 hours for themselves

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
BTW: As bad as the game looks, that RockPaperShotgun review definitely reads like the "Shit talk an upcoming game people are excited about" clickbait that comes out for EVERY big release. Downplay all good features, and then nitpick bad elements like they are the worst things ever.

You can trust those articles as much as you can trust the dozens of deepthroat cocksucker previews that come out for every game from a big publisher.

Wait for the release, for trusted gaming figures, people in this community and metacritic scores.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
the game will be up tomorrow (march 16th) on origin/EA access on pc/xbone, so everyone can check out the first 10 hours for themselves

Forgot about this. With that said, if RPS is pretty much spot on (Which it really sounds like it is from all the negative press out there right now) I wouldn't be surprised if EA renegged on this. If the first hours of the game are shit, it makes it easy for the consumers to give this one the proper finger.

I love this industry. We have Horizon and Zelda which are absolutely stellar efforts and absolutely fantastic releases, and then.... Here comes Bioware with this pile of shit and Ubisoft with their shitty Ghost Recon reminding us we cannot have too many good things at once.

I hope people see the stark differences in the organizations so maybe people will quit buying their garbage to force them to adjust.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

Palum

what Suineg set it to

I haven't ranted about SJWs in bioware except for the racist dude--but honestly, one thing I've noticed about full on SJW writers is they tend to be fucking TERRIBLE with "telling without showing". They write characters in the same way they want their personal ideological beliefs conveyed, very overtly, explained in a ridiculously obtuse manner. It's how that Baldur's gate monstrosity ended up having dialogue that literally explained what Transgender was, and then all the answers were different variations of polite and progressive acceptance of it.

Makes sense you'd choose a fucking risk taking nihilist for an important colony mission to potentially save the collected species of the Milky Way.

Azrayne

Irenicus did nothing wrong
Makes sense you'd choose a fucking risk taking nihilist for an important colony mission to potentially save the collected species of the Milky Way.

That's not the point - the point is that they feel the need to shove that aspect of his characterization down your throat with dialogue, instead of allowing it to come across organically.

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
Part of me wonders if the Andromeda Initiative is just a full implementation of the "Golgafrincham" solution from Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy :

Of course that would make the Reapers a "virulent diseases contracted from a dirty telephone"

Palum

what Suineg set it to
That's not the point - the point is that they feel the need to shove that aspect of his characterization down your throat with dialogue, instead of allowing it to come across organically.

No that's not the point - the point is they can be shitty at writing dialogue AND terrible at making intelligent story decisions!

• 2Like