Mass Effect: Andromeda - Autism reaches outer space

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Ok, all jokes aside..."My face is tired"?. Was this written by illiterates? ESL students? It's not just bad, it's not how people speak English.

Dunno, I'm pretty sure I've seen some teenager types say it before - proper English or not.

khorum

Murder Apologist
Ok, all jokes aside..."My face is tired"?. Was this written by illiterates? ESL students? It's not just bad, it's not how people speak English.
That whole sentence looks like it was composited out of a bunch of voice lines chosen out of branched dialog tree results. The whole "whom not who" and "my face is tired" lines seem like the sort of filler default dialog based on some decisions the player made.

Just hilariously bad.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Vaclav

You should tell her to give you that money to buy a real game with it.

Pretty sure there's not a game until you start getting pre-Y2K we're missing that's worth the time. Nothing interesting and new on the horizon for me that I don't already own until Persona 5 and Prey.

Mao

Trakanon Raider
The story feels and flows just like something I wrote in 8th grade for a fiction assignment. Seriously. Hamfisted forcing it down routes so that I can get to the next scene I had envisioned. Its bad. Don't know how to transition organicly to the next chapter? Just force some crap that makes no sense. Why not. Its a video game thats all about moving the player from one set piece to another anyway, right?

To say the animations are wooden would be a disservice to Pinnochio and puppetry. I've seen puppets on strings with more emotion. The npcs stand there with barely any hand motion or facial expression, their mouths moving in the mockery of lip syncing you've seen. And the eyes are full out, whites above and below, constant cracked out crazy eyes the whole time. The voice acting, with maybe one or two exceptions, is trash. Microsoft Eve's voice is more emotive.

Mechanics are ok. That's the best I can say about the game so far.

I don't really see the multiplayer saving this one. Nothing in the combat really feels exceptional enough to carry the game. I'll prolly end up buying it at some point, but I'll be holding out for it to hit the bargain bin. I don't know if pirating it will work since it always seems to attempt to go 'online connection' at the title screen. Don't know if that is a required element or not.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Vorph

I don't know if pirating it will work since it always seems to attempt to go 'online connection' at the title screen. Don't know if that is a required element or not.

EA uses Denuvo now (even in Battlefield which is completely retarded) so don't count on pirating it anytime soon unless it turns out that CPY has blown it wide open now. My hunch is that they'll have fixed the flaw that allowed RE7 to get cracked immediately and it will be a while before NieR and ME:A get released.

I put this shit back on my Gamefly queue. It looks so goddamn awful that I need to see it for myself to point and laugh at, while also making sure they don't get a sale.

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
Yeah, everyone was making a big deal about the uncanny valley and how we'd never accept digital actors as they got closer to reality...well, looks like Bioware finally managed to find the uncanny valley and set up shop there.

I'm really disappointed I can't cancel my preorder right now. Maybe I'll play this game for a week just to view the train wreck with front row seats.

• 1Like

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
IRTRZHu.jpg

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

goishen

Macho Ma'am
I've still got the pre-order thing. But if it turns out to have movement just like DAI, I'm returning this shit so fast it'll make your head swim. Plus, if they don't stop with all the bullshit psuedo-science stuff I'll be returning it as well. That's one the things that I love about Origin. Buy a game, you have 24 hours to make your mind about it. Don't like it, return it.

yimmien

Molten Core Raider
The only thing that would make this funnier is if it was a launch exclusive for the switch.

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
These scenes don't sound natural. It almost seems like instead of having the voice actors read out the dialogue as if they were doing a scene, they just had them read out a ton of phrases and words and then the game patches that shit together like it was a navigation system or digital assistant.

Even the thickness of the accent changes from sentence to sentence.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

Agraza

Registered Hutt
Wow, that is horrid. My interest went from a 7 to a 1. Bioware, what have you done?

• 1Like

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
So I was never into the Mass Effect series and am dropping into this thread for the first time, but man is that model for what I assume to be the main female character ugly. Aren't there makeup application Youtube videos in the 30th century or whatever period this takes place in? It looks like she applied blue eye shadow with a paintbrush.

Knowing Bioware you probably have the option of FtM transition mid game and get to fuck some gay alien.

• 2Like

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
The only thing uncanny about this valley is that it is filled with a bunch of downs syndrome sufferers. Otherwise that term has nothing to do with this pile of shit.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Smuggly
Reactions: 2 users

Rafterman

Molten Core Raider
If you look at the female presets compared to the multiplayer female options it's pretty clear that they delebritely made to to look like that. I can't wait to see all the articles about "brave" Bioware tackling feminist issues by making "normal" looking female avatars. What everyone else sees as a shitshow these people will claim is progress.