Mass Effect: Andromeda - Autism reaches outer space

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
LOL, a video talking about how awesome their animation and graphics are when in fact they are shit. Well played Bioware.
Seriously, I was watching that video wondering if this was some satire made by internet shitlords.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Seriously, I was watching that video wondering if this was some satire made by internet shitlords.
A satire video with people talking positively about the animations while having extremely awkward facial expressions and body languages would be hilarious.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
I just found out you can't trigger your companion's abilities. That's a pretty big gameplay experience blow. I did a ME2 replay purely so I could tag-team dumpster scrubs with Jack laying down earthquake launches and me bullet-time-sniping things in the face.

I can only assume companions will use their abilities as well as their faces animate, so it's pretty much going to be soloing ME1 style again.

Just noticed this too. I installed it through that Origin Access thing (not bought the game).

After nearly two hours
Character creation: It feels limited, and nearly every default face looks bad. I went female since the default brother didn't seem so derpy in the trailers, so selected to modify the girl. I guess I pulled the slider towards too tan (in game skin is darker than what the character creation appeared to be) since my dad is now black. Must be slider setting since brother is default and I altered someone who was white.

Animations: Not seen any of the crazy glitches in the videos or gifs other than the bad lip synch and when looking at others have conversations from the side, the mouth does indeed animate in a trumpet style. Affects everyone that you can see from the side. Combat animations seem ok so far, though only had a few combat encounters.

Story: Nothing to say yet since I've just landed on the planet. For the first hour or so, there hasn't been any particularly bad dialogue. Though I know that will come having watched some streams.

Graphics: Fluid. 60fps at max settings, so seems optimized for what it is. Graphically nothing special it appears. Looks about the same as DA:I.

Gameplay: Noticed the lack of using my teammate in the first fight. Hoping I just couldn't do it since I wasn't the Pathfinder yet, and didn't have the right to command my companion. Would sort of make sense. Bad if the feature is removed all together. Combat seems ok, auto cover seems to work well. I like the jump/boost feature.

UI: Meh so far? Not great or bad so far. Map with the different areas is very DA:I like. Certainly notice similarities

Overall: Will keep playing the trial, but from music, audio, start of story, it is nowhere near the "Ohhhh, what is going on?!" that ME 1 gave in the first hours. I didn't know much about ME1 going in, and it (mostly due to story) was shockingly good, and ME2 was a continuation and improvement in every way. ME3 was still an improvement in terms of gameplay, but stepped down in the story (with the end). So far, this seems like a continuation of the trend of ME3 rather than a reboot of the franchise based on ME1. Minor gameplay tweaks to make that part better, but certainly not feeling like the start of an epic story.

Scooby

Trakanon Raider
Just noticed this too. I installed it through that Origin Access thing (not bought the game).

After nearly two hours
Character creation: It feels limited, and nearly every default face looks bad. I went female since the default brother didn't seem so derpy in the trailers, so selected to modify the girl. I guess I pulled the slider towards too tan (in game skin is darker than what the character creation appeared to be) since my dad is now black. Must be slider setting since brother is default and I altered someone who was white.

The reason why your Dad Ryder was black is he is based off the race of the preset you used for your fem-Ryder.

Of the nine presets ... 2 are black, 2 are asian, 2 are latino, 2 are indian/arab, and 1 is caucasian.

17264336_732849196888494_841034716563235649_n.jpg
17361961_732849270221820_5601940034362988246_n.jpg

Last edited:

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
What the fuck, only 1 white preset? Fucking shitlords didn't even add a 2nd white one for equality!?

Or maybe they're racist and think 1 white person is equivalent to 2 of the other ethnicities?

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Scooby

Trakanon Raider
What the fuck, only 1 white preset? Fucking shitlords didn't even add a 2nd white one for equality!?

Or maybe they're racist and think 1 white person is equivalent to 2 of the other ethnicities?

I'm assuming they figure since the default Ryder's are white, then fuck "whitey" need to balance this shit out!

• 1Like

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
I wonder if anyone tried to speak up about the fucky animations and terrible dialogue while the game was being developed? They were probably fired for microaggressions if they did.

• 1Like

Onigen

Golden Knight of the Realm
I installed the try-out and fiddled with the player-creation for a while and...I can't even make a custom character as white as I am. The closest is like middle-Italian/Spanish shade, my close to albino-northern-European ass ain't represented.

edit: I was just retarded about the customization thing

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
Mac Walters said that eliminating the skill/ability wheel was a feature because they felt that pausing the action to issue commands hindered the flow of combat. They felt that they upped the AI for the companions enough that it was no longer necessary.

He seems to be ignoring that the AI seems completely incapable of performing even rudimentary combos and so at best they prime something that you then trigger.

There is also the matter of cooldown on abilities. Before you could manage all three characters abilities and so there was rarely any time that you couldn't fire off something if you needed to. Now I find myself wandering around glaring at the cooldown on my shit while wondering what my companions are up to since they clearly aren't doing Jack to help me.

• 1Like

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Mac Walters is fucking retarded, so I can't really say I'm surprised he'd say something like that. I've only watched gameplay so far but it all seems like a massive step backwards from ME2, let alone ME3 (which was mechanically sound, even if practically everything else was dogshit).

• 1Like

spronk

FPS noob
man even pewdiepie doesn't like MEA, eh

he says though the game cost $40m so i guess no matter what the game is gonna make a profit, hard to see it NOT selling at least 2m copies

• 1Like

reavor

I'm With HER ♀
<Bronze Donator>
a lot of big twitch personalities are trying to sell the game pretty hard, then again they do that for most big titles these days.

• 1Like

goishen

Macho Ma'am
I wonder if anyone tried to speak up about the fucky animations and terrible dialogue while the game was being developed? They were probably fired for microaggressions if they did.

Guess we know what happened to Chris Schlerf (I think that's his name, guy who wrote for Halo, was hired on as lead writer for a time).

goishen

Macho Ma'am

/facepalm

And now they're using their right arm of youtube to tell us how to play the game. Good fucking lord, I've gotta get outta this thread.