Mass Effect: Andromeda - Autism reaches outer space

Elidroth

Trakanon Raider
Yeah its the SJW damage was mostly in the crony hires. Other projects delve in this shit, but they make damn sure the talent is there to make a good game.

As for Wolff not being the problem, look at this clip and judge for yourself what her talent level is like.

Frida is actually pretty talented.. I've worked with her before.

Elidroth

Trakanon Raider
She was a sound engineer at SOE/DBG while I was there.. did a lot of stuff for EQ, Free Realms, and others. She wasn't just doing voice acting then but all kinds of sound stuff.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
The best actor in the world can give a shit performance with poor direction, and I assume the same is true about voice actors. Any talent she might have is irrelevant because it's crystal clear that whoever was directing the voice acting had no idea what the fuck they were doing.

Incidentally, my video card died of old age last night. Think by next week they'll already be tossing copies of Andromeda in with video cards?

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Incidentally, my video card died of old age last night. Think by next week they'll already be tossing copies of Andromeda in with video cards?

0% I'd imagine, it's not really a game to showcase graphics... can't recall a packaged game that ever wasn't at least moderately high-end graphically vs. pretty much the low-end of "current" like ME:A is.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
0% I'd imagine, it's not really a game to showcase graphics... can't recall a packaged game that ever wasn't at least moderately high-end graphically vs. pretty much the low-end of "current" like ME:A is.
AGBwRRp.gif

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
The best actor in the world can give a shit performance with poor direction, and I assume the same is true about voice actors. Any talent she might have is irrelevant because it's crystal clear that whoever was directing the voice acting had no idea what the fuck they were doing.

Yeah. One of the first times I saw Natalie Portman was in Beautiful Girls - even though she was really young I thought she was a great actress for that movie. However, I saw that movie after I watched her in the Star Wars Prequels. And good lord - horrid. All because of horrible writing, bad directing, and George Lucas. Then you watch her in something like Jackie, and it's completely 100% great acting chops.

So yeah. I feel bad for anyone involved with this project that may make them look bad in the voice acting arena. It most likely isn't there fault. However, in the female Krogan stuff we are seeing fly around the internet, that is just bad voice acting and a horrible casting director to even put someone like that in that role to begin with.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Someone's trying for an irony award....

Maybe you meant the brand new high end video cards or something. The card that died on me last night came with Prince of Persia and some WW2 shooter whose name I don't even remember.

• 1Smuggly
Reactions: 1 user

spronk

FPS noob
mass effect andromeda is already bundled, its a very specific nvidia promo though that only applies to 1070s bought at best buy
EVGA - SuperClocked NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 8GB GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 Graphics Card

Also nvidia has changed their program, you must own the actual card tied to the program. so for example if a friend gave you the code from the above link but you owned a 1080 or 1080 ti it won't redeem, you must own a 1070.

dunno how AMD does it, i think its still the same shit so you can keep on buying cheap games off it but the last game they put on their list was doom

goishen

Macho Ma'am
As it stands right now, there's too much shit to be put into the game and too much shit that needs to be taken out of the game. Like, for example, figuring out your powers work in MP and how to assign them.

That is a convoluted clusterfuck if I ever saw one. First of all, you have to go into multiplayer, then to something like character select, and allllllll the way at the bottom of your screen does it say, "Press X to select character". After you do that, it finally comes up. Otherwise, you'd just be a level 20 gimp running around with level 1 powers thinking you were a badass.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
She was a sound engineer at SOE/DBG while I was there.. did a lot of stuff for EQ, Free Realms, and others. She wasn't just doing voice acting then but all kinds of sound stuff.

She should stick to that. :)

• 1Smuggly

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
mass effect andromeda is already bundled, its a very specific nvidia promo though that only applies to 1070s bought at best buy
EVGA - SuperClocked NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 8GB GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 Graphics Card

Also nvidia has changed their program, you must own the actual card tied to the program. so for example if a friend gave you the code from the above link but you owned a 1080 or 1080 ti it won't redeem, you must own a 1070.

dunno how AMD does it, i think its still the same shit so you can keep on buying cheap games off it but the last game they put on their list was doom

Free my Kesster. New egg has that same card for 399. Unless I am missing something.
EVGA GeForce GTX 1070 SC GAMING ACX 3.0 Black Edition, 08G-P4-5173-KR, 8GB GDDR5, LED, DX12 OSD Support (PXOC)-Newegg.com

alao comes with either game choice aside from andromeda.

Best Buy's marketing team is horseshit sometimes. :)

Last edited:

Palum

what Suineg set it to
So that cosplayer that said she was a lead facial animator, didn't someone say she was in the credits but not as a lead just like rigging artist or something?

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Sounds like she didn't even work there anymore. And never updated her blog or whatever.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Sounds like she didn't even work there anymore. And never updated her blog or whatever.

Right but I thought someone said they spied her in the credits as something not that, so like she lied on her 'resume' (profile)?

• 1Like

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Maybe you meant the brand new high end video cards or something. The card that died on me last night came with Prince of Persia and some WW2 shooter whose name I don't even remember.

Really? Guess that shows how much I look at low-end video cards.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Right but I thought someone said they spied her in the credits as something not that, so like she lied on her 'resume' (profile)?

'Lead' in a dev studio doesn't have the singular meaning that you guys are attributing to it. She isn't claiming that she was at the top of the totem pole for animation, she's making an vague claim of seniority. Hell, I could have described myself as a QA Lead based on some of the work I did while I was at Volition, and while I wouldn't exactly be lying, I would definitely be taking creative liberties with the truth. Not every studio is organized the same way.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
'Lead' in a dev studio doesn't have the singular meaning that you guys are attributing to it. She isn't claiming that she was at the top of the totem pole for animation, she's making an vague claim of seniority. Hell, I could have described myself as a QA Lead based on some of the work I did while I was at Volition, and while I wouldn't exactly be lying, I would definitely be taking creative liberties with the truth. Not every studio is organized the same way.

Cool story

Not what I asked, she wasn't employed or wasn't 'senior' at anything apparently.