Mass Effect: Andromeda - Autism reaches outer space

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Cool story

Not what I asked, she wasn't employed or wasn't 'senior' at anything apparently.

Could you clarify what you are saying here then? Because it's pretty hard to get in the credits without doing work on the game.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Could you clarify what you are saying here then? Because it's pretty hard to get in the credits without doing work on the game.

Well, Bioware put out a tweet saying she wasn't involved in the project right?

But then I thought someone on here said they spied her name in some low level animators credits when that dude leaked the ending. So since some REEEEEEs are still crying about this I'm trying to figure out if A) she even worked at Bioware on this game and B) if she did, what her role was.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Well, Bioware put out a tweet saying she wasn't involved in the project right?

But then I thought someone on here said they spied her name in some low level animators credits when that dude leaked the ending. So since some REEEEEEs are still crying about this I'm trying to figure out if A) she even worked at Bioware on this game and B) if she did, what her role was.

The tweet was about that racist Indian dude, not Alliecat.

Rafterman

Molten Core Raider
Right but I thought someone said they spied her in the credits as something not that, so like she lied on her 'resume' (profile)?

It's weird. The girl had "Lead facial animator for Mass Effect Andromeda" on her Twitter, Instagram and Facebook pages, and made multiple posts about working on the game in that capacity. She only removed these after both her and Bioware were called out about it. You'd think if she really wasn't what she was claiming someone at Bioware would have said something to her before the controversy.

In the credits she's not even listed as a Bioware employee and is under "The Capture Lab" , which is EAs mo-cap facility, along with a dozen other names. Someone is lying, though, that's for sure.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

goishen

Macho Ma'am
Actually we're not sure who it was about, if not both of them. It could be neither of them, but I don't really think so.

Aaryn Flynn was unsurprisingly ambiguous.

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Wow... just got some news that doesn't bode well to ME:A to me at all IMO.

We forgot to cancel our Deluxe Edition copy from Amazon, and I just went through the steps to return it tonight. THEY ARE REFUNDING COPIES and not bothering to have them sent back.

I got the full amount I spent on Amazon for ME:A DE back ($59.91) and I'm able to keep the physical copy. (Which no doubt will go to Gamestop tomorrow since with digital we have no need for 2 PS4 copies - half of Persona 5 for free sounds good to me)

I'm sorry to hear about the problem you've had with your Mass Effect Andromeda Deluxe - PlayStation 4.

On this occasion, we don't require you to return the original. You're welcome to keep, donate or dispose of it - whichever option is most appropriate and convenient for you.

I've requested a refund for 59.91 USD, which includes the cost of the item and its associated shipping costs. This refund will go through within the next 3-5 business days and will appear as a credit on your billing statement. Please note that this does not include your bank's processing time.

And note, it was unopened and keys unredeemed/etc. So no "DLC already redeemed" complications at the time, I busted it opened and cashed the key after they said it didn't need to be sent back though. [Esp. since Gamestop won't take stuff for trade that's still sealed - an oddity I've learned with gifts the wife hasn't wanted that I didn't bother opening first...]

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
It's weird. The girl had "Lead facial animator for Mass Effect Andromeda" on her Twitter, Instagram and Facebook pages, and made multiple posts about working on the game in that capacity. She only removed these after both her and Bioware were called out about it. You'd think if she really wasn't what she was claiming someone at Bioware would have said something to her before the controversy.

In the credits she's not even listed as a Bioware employee and is under "The Capture Lab" , which is EAs mo-cap facility, along with a dozen other names. Someone is lying, though, that's for sure.

I don't want to sound like I'm defending her specifically because I'm not trying to, but if she was claiming to be an animator for Andromeda, and not Bioware itself, she's still just taking (very) creative liberties with the truth, not actually lying. It's certainly nowhere near as bad as it was originally made out to be, where Bioware had hired a cosplayer with no industry experience to be in charge of character animations for an AAA title.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Lol good god.

lol what the fuck? seriously what the fuck is with that voice acting. These fuckers think they deserve royalties for this shit work? Do the people who voiced those lines realize they where fighting, not sitting down having a conversation?

I just dont get this. You spend how many tens of millions of dollars, years of peoples lives to turn out such a terrible product? Nothing prevented them from putting effort into their lines or having a director there to tell them wtf to do.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Brikker

Trump's Staff

We forgot to cancel our Deluxe Edition copy from Amazon, and I just went through the steps to return it tonight. THEY ARE REFUNDING COPIES and not bothering to have them sent back.

I got the full amount I spent on Amazon for ME:A DE back ($59.91) and I'm able to keep the physical copy. (Which no doubt will go to Gamestop tomorrow since with digital we have no need for 2 PS4 copies - half of Persona 5 for free sounds good to me)

And note, it was unopened and keys unredeemed/etc. So no "DLC already redeemed" complications at the time, I busted it opened and cashed the key after they said it didn't need to be sent back though. [Esp. since Gamestop won't take stuff for trade that's still sealed - an oddity I've learned with gifts the wife hasn't wanted that I didn't bother opening first...]

EA will claim these as sales

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Palum

what Suineg set it to
I don't want to sound like I'm defending her specifically because I'm not trying to, but if she was claiming to be an animator for Andromeda, and not Bioware itself, she's still just taking (very) creative liberties with the truth, not actually lying. It's certainly nowhere near as bad as it was originally made out to be, where Bioware had hired a cosplayer with no industry experience to be in charge of character animations for an AAA title.

I mean she's not being truthful. But the problem was I thought the EA statement was about her - which I guess it probably IS but rather they're like 'oh lol its our subsidiary not us lol'.

Nester

Vyemm Raider

1) thats crazy, has amazon refunded games and not asked for them back before? I bummed i canceled my amazon preorder to use my HZD double trade in value at EB/Gamestop for MEA

2) so did you just unseal the game right infront of the clerk and continue your trade transaction?

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
1) thats crazy, has amazon refunded games and not asked for them back before? I bummed i canceled my amazon preorder to use my HZD double trade in value at EB/Gamestop for MEA

2) so did you just unseal the game right infront of the clerk and continue your trade transaction?

1) NFC - I think this is the first time I returned a physical game from Amazon. If I have before it wasn't done in any odd manner like this though - but can't recall any. (And my Amazon orders is way too full to check in depth - I basically get at least two orders a week... nearly everything but groceries I do Amazon for)

2) Nope, the times I've forgotten I've had to actually go back in another day. (Or I could've gone to another since there's a bunch around I guess too - or wait for another clerk)

Rafterman

Molten Core Raider

Not if Bioware is to be believed. Being part of a motion capture team and being the lead facial animator are two completely different things. They are even in separate parts of the credits, complete with another person listed as "lead" facial animator and a team of facial animators with her name conspicuously missing. I'm also almost positive they were talking about her in that response due to the "EA employee" part and the fact that she worked at The Capture Lab, which does work on all EA games. Manveir was a BioWare employee specifically.

So either Bioware, for whatever reason, scrubbed her from any recognition other than being part of the mo-cap team at EA or that's all she ever was. Either way someone isn't telling the truth. The fact that she has erased these claims from her various social media accounts seems to point to the fact that she misrepresented herself, though.

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
Getting left out of credits is really common. I've worked on several games for over a year that I got no credit on. Hell one of them I wrote the credits module and I wasn't in them.

• 1Like

Rafterman

Molten Core Raider
Getting left out of credits is really common. I've worked on several games for over a year that I got no credit on. Hell one of them I wrote the credits module and I wasn't in them.

She didn't get left out of the credits, she just isn't listed as what she claimed.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I've never had it happen with games ,but definitely returned $100+ items and Amazon has said just keep it. If they don't think they can sell it they have no use for it

• 1Like

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Paging Qhue Qhue to the thread who stated he was now having fun with this game now after some time with it. I had sent him a PM.

@Vorph and Qhue Qhue , is the tide turning after playing more?

goishen

Macho Ma'am
It just seems to me that anyone's that is 100% fine with DAI is fine with this game. While I didn't mind Inquisition, it had some things that were wrong with it. To model a ME game after Inquisition is anathema.