Mass Effect: Andromeda - Autism reaches outer space

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Simply incredible

Fucking cringe. The Salarian had it right.

At least this game will deliver on the lulz of letting your game design be divvied out by a SJW Diversity Committee.

But even that doesn't explain the shit dialog.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Rafterman

Molten Core Raider
Or has possibly played the mass effect games which had excellent gameplay and world building, and only great dialog.

I love the franchise, but there hasn't been one with "excellent" single-player gameplay in the entire series. Without that story and world building they'd be average third person shooters at best.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Djevel Innenfor

Golden Squire
Huh. Some of my post got eaten. I'd just like to add this: THE SAVE SYSTEM IS FUCKING AIDS. AAAAIIIIDDSSSSS. NOT HIV, FULL BLOWN FUCKING AAAAAIIIIIIDDDDSSSS.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

goishen

Macho Ma'am
I love the franchise, but there hasn't been one with "excellent" single-player gameplay in the entire series. Without that story and world building they'd be average third person shooters at best.

Even the third of the series. Which had the best gameplay out of all of them.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
Polygon declaring that criticism of the game is coming from gamergate.

BioWare cuts off GamerGate complaint about Mass Effect facial animati…
1loxlj.jpg

• 1SJW

goishen

Macho Ma'am

I haven't played the free access trial, so take what I'm about to tell you with a grain of salt. But, I don't believe that there's any auto-save or quick save feature in the game. Or if there is, it puts you so far back (about 2 or 3 minutes back) that you just wanna strangle the developer that came up with it.

Nice, huh?

Djevel Innenfor

Golden Squire
Yeah I should have qualified that. No quicksave. No save. Just checkpoints at intervals. I played with it a bit and seem to lose anywhere from 2 to 7 mins of play depending. I only spent about 25 mins on that though. I do want to get a ways in before the timer runs out.

Edit: As goishen mentioned, there is no quicksave/load AT ALL. And you cannot save during planetfall.

Skanda

I'm Amod too!
No quicksave is fucking idiotic for an RPG. It's like these morons they hired never even played the genre before.

Also, I love how Polygon/Kotaku are trying to bring Gamergate back into this. That should Red Pill a bunch more people.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Or has possibly played the mass effect games which had excellent gameplay and world building, and only great dialog.
This sounds like the opinion of someone who plays too many MMOs and not real games.

• 1Smuggly

Qhue

Trump's Staff
I am not generally a save-scummer, but in previous games I did use it occasionally to rewind dialogue.

When I first encountered the lack of save functionality I thought it was just because of where I was at the start of the narrative, but that does not seem to be the case.

While ME3 had some dodgy plot elements (Kai Leng, Rachni cop-out, the ending) the actual gameplay was pretty sharp. Who the heck looked at some of these changes and thought "this is a good thing"?

eXarc

Trakanon Raider
Guys.
H.o.l.y S.h.i.t this fucking dialogue is actually not just bad, but infuriating. Thank God I am a combat whore and really only care about that and MP so I can at least eek out ebbs of joy and time from the game.

If you are the opposite of me and really enjoy plot/story and dialogue exchange, lore etc. - absolutely do not waste your fucking time.

You know, I was really pissed about alot of censorship and alterations from Treehouse with the Nintendo shit but at the same time I soooort of understood because of Japanese culture and them wanting to make sure they exported something that would be acceptable by everyone, even if includes through the wall far left SJW shit.
This shit though...and a $40 million budget? Ugghh, it makes my fucking skin crawl that these retards are out there in real life and affecting the outcomes of real things, like $40 million dollar products that people wait years for. I cannot fucking stand it.

• 1Like

goishen

Macho Ma'am
Welp, from what I saw from the MKS youtube (I think, you can go back and find it), there's no exploration.

There's no, "Hey, wonder what that is over there? Think I'll go and check it out." If you were hoping for that, sorry.

SAM is there every fucking step of the way, "Hey, Pathfinder. Ya know that place that we talked about that the separatists were going to? This is it." "Hey Pathfinder, you can mine here." "Hey Pathfinder, you remember that long cool silence back in ME1? Hahahahaha, gone."

Makes me wish SAM had a body, so I could put a couple'a rounds into it.