Mass Effect: Andromeda - Autism reaches outer space

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
"This is a really crappy thing to do. There's no reason to single out someone at Bioware just because you don't like their work."

Of course there's a reason. They do shitty work. The problem with the game's industry is that the shitters don't get called out enough, and that's why you have the same people making the same garbage moving from company to company like a swarm of locusts.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
This sounds like the opinion of someone who plays too many MMOs and not real games.
I can assure you that i have not only played too many MMOs, but ive played way too many "real" games, whatever that means. I mean, what fucking forum you think this is where everyone hasnt played like 100s of games over the last twenty years?

Id put ME3 with any TPS at or before its time in terms of gameplay.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I haven't played the free access trial, so take what I'm about to tell you with a grain of salt. But, I don't believe that there's any auto-save or quick save feature in the game. Or if there is, it puts you so far back (about 2 or 3 minutes back) that you just wanna strangle the developer that came up with it.

Nice, huh?
I think ill have to play it to understand the depths of how this is bad. In combat and decision making not being able to save and reload offers some depth to the game.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
What is funny is that while ill probably never play this game, id probably enjoy it a lot more if i never read all the clowning being done to it. Ill never be able to take any of the characters seriously. Femryder literally makes me sick to my stomach because her face looks like someone melted it with nuclear radiation and then stung it with a hundred bees.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
From all the feedback that I'm getting, it sounds like Manveer was one of the actual good devs on this.
I can assure you that i have not only played too many MMOs, but ive played way too many "real" games, whatever that means. I mean, what fucking forum you think this is where everyone hasnt played like 100s of games over the last twenty years?

Id put ME3 with any TPS at or before its time in terms of gameplay.
I never played ME3 since ME1 and 2 were mediocre action with pretty cool stories/characters/quests. Was 3 a complete change to the previous 2 games? Anyway, I stand by my point that gameplay was never this series' strong point.

Also, MMO = trash tier games. Every other game = real games.

• 1Like

goishen

Macho Ma'am
I never played ME3 since ME1 and 2 were mediocre action with pretty cool stories/characters/quests. Was 3 a complete change to the previous 2 games?

Actually, yes.

It doesn't dawn on you until about halfway through the game, but it is.

• 1Like

Bigguy28

Lord Nagafen Raider
Maybe it's different on the Xbox but I had no issues saving pretty much whenever I wanted to. It's a really big option right there at the top in the map/inventory/options screen.

Wombat

Trakanon Raider
I never played ME3 since ME1 and 2 were mediocre action with pretty cool stories/characters/quests. Was 3 a complete change to the previous 2 games?

2 was already the complete change from 1. 3 was just 2 again, except the choices didn't matter & the ending was terrible. On the positive side, a lot of people had fun with the MP added and there were at least some inventory options.

Edit: As someone who's thought each BW game has been worse since at least KOTOR, this all seems par for the course. But the setting especially bugs me this time around: the Reaper relay purges at least gave some justification for why everyone was roughly equivalent tech wise, even if it only partially explained the shared anatomy. There is no reason why anything in another galaxy has the same chemistry / size / communication methods / tech level as anything from the Milky Way, especially when old school Bioware already properly included exceptions like the Hanar. I assume they are too cheap to have their engine support anything other than humanoids and robots.

Last edited:

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I'd say 2 was more of starting down the path that led to 3, rather than being a complete change from 1. The issue with 2 was that 90% of the game was recruitment and loyalty quests. Very little of the story actually had anything to do with the Reapers or Collectors.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
I never finished part 2 and then after hearing all the whining about 3's ending, I never bothered going back and finishing it.

Djevel Innenfor

Golden Squire
You couldn't save in combat previously. I'm ok with that. But not being able to save for huge swathes of the game is annoying as fuck. The game is not 100% bad, but there are a lot of persistent issues that are annoying the shit out of me. Sometimes neat stuff pokes its head out, but there's always some derp popping up next to it. Combat is ok but I don't like the way cover works here. Before I could snap to cover and peek out around the side I was near, but here i don't always do that; moving to the left I never peek, I just leave cover and get shot. Gunplay is ok so far but I haven't gone into the weapon pool much. Abilities have some nice interactions but the cooldowns are pretty high. Base CD on many are 10s in a light loadout (higher for others) and only being able to have 3 hotkeyed fucking sucks.This UI is annoying in form and functionality. Some of my complaints could get better with gear and research, but some will never get better. I think I'll do the demo time then see what comes of the game as time goes on. Looking like a 50/100 to me which is kinda sad. I didn't have a lot of hype over this, but I expected better of bioware....christ even EA.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
I felt the gameplay was funner in ME 2, but the story was mostly filler and felt like they were just stalling until ME 3.

xzi

Mouthbreather
To be fair, the Mass Effect flirting dialogue has always been extremely awkward on purpose. I'll give them a pass on that because it's probably an actual decision not just shit dialogue.

Although I agree the only thing I like out of this game so far is the combat and that's it. Well, outside of the environments which are amazing.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Gameplay in 3 was exactly the same as in 2 aside from the minor tweaks to weapons and classes.

I really wish people wouldn't buy this. It's just going to reinforce that it's okay to release games with such glaring deficiencies.

• 3Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users