May users have a personal thread in the rickshaw?

May users have a personal thread in the rickshaw?

• Yes

Votes: 271 66.6%
  • No

Votes: 136 33.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
Continously intentionally misunderstanding anyone making a point seems more like a lawyer deal to me. Or just a douchebag.

What do you think you're accomplishing, teaching us about the butterfly effects of xenforo?
You guys taking this aspect serious enough to decide your own fate.

You haven't taken it seriously at all and you have two people in RRP just because the mods don't like them.

Not one person reported a Tanoomba post and he didn't get a single warning. You are okay with that but draw the line at moving a thread. Not his thread, that was like 12 hours before yours was moved. Nobody threw a tantrum about that but him.

Without specificity you can't point to something as moderator abuse. Your lines are all over the place. It's a damn Pablo painting.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Feanor

Karazhan Raider
My opinion is that Tanoomba should be rickshawed for destroying any thread outside the Retard Rickshaw, and should allowed to destroy every thread in the Retard Rickshaw.

The shaw has always been a free for all. The idea that anything there could be destroyed is silly.
I can agree with this.

I felt those three threads were squeezed dry and while they weren't the best of quality I am not sure we will ever get a thread truly worthy again.
Give Woolygimp time. I foresee greatness in his future.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
You guys taking this aspect serious enough to decide your own fate.

You haven't taken it seriously at all and you have two people in RRP just because the mods don't like them.

Not one person reported a Tanoomba post and he didn't get a single warning. You are okay with that but draw the line at moving a thread. Not his thread, that was like 12 hours before yours was moved. Nobody threw a tantrum about that but him.

Without specificity you can't point to something as moderator abuse. Your lines are all over the place. It's a damn Pablo painting.

Picasso's shaw thread was like 3 pages down on Rerolled for the longest time, as well.

Pemulis

Not Woke
<Bronze Donator>
Just host blogs for the forum's whack pack and then people can visit if they give enough of a shit

Picasso3

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Oh and asking a question to force specificity is not "intentionally misunderstanding" something.

Ok bud, keep up the good forcing specificity work. I know next time tarrant asks a question about locking threads during a specific conservation he'll think twice about any possible loopholes unrelated to the conversation.

And we should all think long and hard about what a_skeleton_03 has said here today. Never understand because when you do, you might find out you were wrong!

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
No one should give a shit about what gets put in rickshaw, which is utter shit and trash. Do you dig through your garbage looking for that used bottle of ketchup cuz you just made a sandwich and needed a condiment?

Feanor

Karazhan Raider
If people aren't getting a suitably entertaining dose of schadenfreude from my thread, then I will stop posting bullshit.
Your Garfield-like despondency and acerbic wit are most pleasing. Please, keep shitposting.

Last edited:

Vitality

HUSTLE
No Red Tomato option, didn't vote.

Besides I'm not keen on this issue so me voting would be ignorant.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I think the bigger question in this is whether people should have personal threads in SS, GUF, business etc.

• 1Bullshit
Reactions: 1 user

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
I don't understand the view that Tan being in the shaw is a "victory lap"....So what? That's like saying a prisoner gets to take a victory lap in jail, or the special kids at the retard olympics get to stand on their own little podiums. Who cares? The shaw isn't there to punish people in it, it's there to quarantine trolls away from reasonable people on the forum, while still giving them the right to speak. We don't ban them for the same reason we don't execute people who shoplift, it's not a huge deal, it's not worthy of us exerting that kind of social control for an infraction that can be dealt with by lesser means and still serve the purpose of allowing others to enjoy things.

Having to bear one of Tan's little escapades a few times a year before he gets put in the pokey is worth the price of freedom from Mod tyranny. Allow Tan to play in his own shit in the Shaw, let him have his retard medal and believe he's "won" something. This is Tan's life.

n8umjWj.png

He's a real winner, for sure. Eventually, much like Charlie Sheen, he'll fuck off and only dance around here and there, thinking he's winning but realizing he's literally aids. The community needs people like Tan, he's an inoculation so we can appreciate lesser trolls without getting too angry. He's the standard by which we judge shittiness now--I mean it's literally a saying on the board now "Don't Tan/Tyen/Column this thread up".

As I said, a few days a year to inoculate the mods and the community from overreach is worth it. Being able to tolerate Tan's insanity illustrates we can tolerate other ideas that are merely disagreeable. Tan is our canary in the coal mine that reveals a Neogaf proto-asshole like Sean before he ensconces himself in a position of power. And I'm more afraid of Seans, or psycho mods, than I am of the couple days before Tan take his trips to the pokey to post in his shit thread.

• 11Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 11 users

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Beautiful post, especially "Tan is our canary in the coal mine that reveals a Neogaf proto-asshole like Sean before he ensconces himself in a position of power. And I'm more afraid of Seans, or psycho mods, than I am of the couple days before Tan take his trips to the pokey to post in his shit thread."

• 2Like

wilkxus

<Bronze Donator>
(1)
Intentionally avoiding the substance for tangentials is the sign you've failed to come up with a cogent rebuttal to the substance, sir.
(2)
The substance is that its okay to serially, and intentionally, annoy the community, like Tanoomba has, for years, without repercussions, but the second someone annoys you personally, then its okay to ban them.
(1) Intentionally avoiding the substance for *tangentials* is required by inteligent individuals, to prevent being derailed by people whining about silly stuff. BUT doing it in a matter that is NOT CONFRONTATIONAL or INFLAMATORY. It shows Tucos excellent mastery of his amoding hobby which is why he was THE overwhelming first choice for mod. He does NOT need me to speak for him, but perhaps people can cool their hot heels and cool off their personal agendas, vendettas from *years ago* ?

Out of very genuine curiousity...what pray tell should be done if someone finds YOU or ME to be offending the community? Everyone has a right to their *subjective* view of what is objectively THEIR own standard of *too much/annoying... ban them!* .

(2)
Second should be a no brainer. Mods have a JOB to keep place CLEAN.... if they are too busy with stupid annoying shit, shit goes to shit everywhere else too. So dont shit on people cleaning the shit or everyone is in shit.... *sigh*

In other words, for the professionals here, with families and shit, working for a living:
...........if someone fooks with mods doing their job quickly/well,
...........if it takes more than the (whatever it is) half hour or hour they have in a day to dedicate to this place
..... then that offending person is not just annoying but DISRUPTING the functioning of a site very well liked by many.

Shawing to a sandbox seems quite reasonable no? I do not know about you, but I would RATHER KEEP the mods and admin HAPPY and working rather than bitch about my personal agenda.... and risk being left high and dry because they burn out trying to constantly handle MY shit. There is SOME room for ballance there still, to ASK POLITELY and be reasonable is there not?

If someone annoys you or me..... welllllll suck it up buttecup and hit the road. IMHO we are NOT essential to running this place. We are merely being kindly consulted here by people kind enough to share and volunteer their valuable time. I have been here lurking LONG ENOUGH to see these guys/gals know what they are doing.

If you annoy or grind down LOOSE those cool, reasonable mods you have now..... you will drive off a LOT of people and be left with..... shit with a HUGE fing echo.

By....being able to destroy multiple personal threads in the shaw?
And oh please tell me I misunderstand!.... I am really laughing @ *personal threads* comment.... are you really saying a SHARED forum is not enough for you? You and others need/want a PERSONAL sandbox with a SOAPBOX to lecture from? Ie a plot of LAND in the sandbox? hehe

awe....

tyen

EQ in a browser wait time: ____
<Banned>
It is a yes or no question.

Should users be allowed to have personal threads in order to maintain a place to post when they are restricted to that forum only?

You have 24 hours to vote.

why shouldn't they? is the real question.

this thread is dumb, rickshaw it. rename it a_skeleton_03 thread.

thx for making me scroll forever on phone, fgt.

this is at the top of every page. full screen of gay.

NRrFCoo.jpg

rustled to max by this stupid thread

• 1Like
  • 1Nationalist
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
why shouldn't they? is the real question.

thread is dumb, rickshaw it.

thx for making me scroll forever on phone, fgt.

this is at the top of every page. full screen of gay.

rustled to max by this stupid thread

See that little X in the top right? Hit that bad boy.

tyen

EQ in a browser wait time: ____
<Banned>
change that x from #000000 to #FF0000

rename this thread "a_skeleton_03 thread", rickshaw it, rehab yourself.

you gone for a week cuz of this thread dog.

you jus dun got moderated.

werlstar

Il_Duce Lightning Lord Rule

Lightning Fast
<Charitable Administrator>
People read threads in the rickshaw? I don't think I've read one of those since Big Picasso's thread back on FOH, and that thread was pretty bad back then too.

If Cucknoomba and whoever else wants to post away in the rickshaw while they're rrp'd, who cares? Don't read it, they're locked away from the threads that (hopefully) aren't shit. If there's personal rickshaw threads, who cares? I can see Mist's name on it, and then know it will be terrible and then not read it.

Maybe, if people get their own threads in the rickshaw, the first post in each thread would be a link to the post they were shawed for, and the infraction committed. Then that original post would be updated again on every subsequent infraction. A Rickshaw Rap Sheet.

But really, it's all just the rickshaw, it's the very embodiment of idontknowwhatiexpected.jpg.

Tanoomba

ジョーディーすれいやー
<Banned>
Holy shit, I fucking love you guys. This place is the best!

• 1Faggotry
  • 1Like
Status
Not open for further replies.