McMillion$ (HBO Documentary)

Asmadai

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Episode 4 now - this story seems to be getting a little weird and I feel like stories are changing every episode.

Jerry Jacobson's ex-wife, the one that worked at the printing company....Didn't she say in the 1st episode how sweet and nice Jerry always was, and how even after they split up he was always there for her willing to help her do anything at a moments notice, such as fixing up the house, etc?

Didn't the stupid mobster wife tell a story just last week about how when her and her guido husband got into an argument, she all called Jacobson for support and he all proposed to her and told her how she had married the wrong man?

Now this week, the ex-wife is telling stories about how Jacobson beat up her kids, was a total asshole, stalked her at her job while she was a police officer, etc. And the guido wife is going on and on about how Jacobson wasn't some sweet, kind old man, but a huge prick who, (and this part was funny) forced her "mobster" husband to put a shotgun in someone's face to collect a debt? (Something she implies her husband NEVER would have done on his own, lol) But just last week he was someone she felt like she could confide in whenever her and her husband had a little spat...

Idk If it's HBO's clipping that's causing it, or if these people are just this fucking brain dead, or both.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
I don’t even know. Sometimes it is hard to keep the Jerrys in this story straight.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
I have episodes 2-4 on my DVR now but fucking HBO won't reair the first episode. I know I'm just supposed to stream it but I live in the internet desert and every other show they replay a hundred times every week.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I lost all interest. They took the focus away from the law enforcement and investigation itself. That's what drew me in. I don't care about the family feud bullshit or Jerry's father-less kid who doesn't matter at all to the investigation. I'm going to save myself two hours and not finish this.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
I lost all interest. They took the focus away from the law enforcement and investigation itself. That's what drew me in. I don't care about the family feud bullshit or Jerry's father-less kid who doesn't matter at all to the investigation. I'm going to save myself two hours and not finish this.
Yeah I feel the same as you but since I'm halfway through it I might as well finish it.

• 1Solidarity

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Yea I'll just end up finishing it because what else am I gonna watch on Monday night but they really dropped the ball these last two episodes. It should have been a 3 part series, max.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Yeah, this feels like it should have been a 2 hour docu-drama, the first couple episodes were great. Some of these interviews would have made good extra content, rather than pulled apart and turned into entire episodes.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
it's like the first eps we got the premise, oh it's the fucking shitty i-talian mob that stole all the millions, fucking assholes...

and then they spend 3eps saying "no no, but they were really kinda ok-ish guys"

Needless

Toe Sucker
first episode was good because of the agent, but the series itself was pretty trash
even attempting to put any of these people (specially his wife) as victims is absurd lmao

Louis

Trakanon Raider
This show reminded me of one of those shitty internet articles that has a clickbait title. They pull you in with an interesting premise and then repeat garbage you dont care about over and over as you scroll past 100s of ads just hoping to get to the payoff.

• 1Solidarity

Khane

Got something right about marriage
The first episode and final two episodes were good. Shoulda just been a 3 part series.

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The final episode was worth watching.

They did some reveals that were unexpected and interesting. Everyone had their opportunity to make peace with one another, and it really humanizes the whole thing... except for Uncle Jerry of course. That fucker should probably still be locked up today. Even his own son thinks he hid a pile of the cash and is living off of it.

Uncle Jerry did 3 years, Glomb did 1 year, and the rest of them got a slap on the wrist & probation. White collar crime definitely pays.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Yeah, I didn't make it through episode 4, but watched the final 2 and they were good.

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
I guess the truth is that there wasn't a lot of good story here. It could have been a 3 episode show and been just fine. I fell asleep in one of the middle episodes and don't feel like I missed anything.

• 1Like

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
this was a shitty eps 3/4/5, fucking filler and trying to humanize these mooks? i mean wtf, they're all criminals even that fucking mormon that got acquitted.