Mechwarrior Online

I just noticed a module slot at master... do i need to unlock every other skill in that skill page to get to master, then i can buy that zoom module?

All mechs have at least one module slot. The full mastery just gives you an extra for that variant.
I see, thanks. Getting better with the Cataphract now so i can play him nonstop
smile.png

You guys know if theres a loadout prog kinda like that eve online prog where youll see in advance if everything will fit before buying

http://mwo.smurfy-net.de/mechlab

If only the mechlab in game was as nice.
Found this as i was waiting for a reply here

Neat tool, although i cant seem to be able to put Case in the web lab? not that bad just have to remember that i have 4 tons more in-game

What is tweak for engine speed?

Thx for tips

One thing i dont get from that mechbay is DPS goes up as im removing weapons from my mech?

And damn that xl300 is close to 5 million, think ill have to pick my weapons first lol

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
It's sad that it sounds like many of the complaints that I had from back in F&F/CB are still issues to some varying degrees. I really, REALLY wanted this to be my next MMO~ish addiction but I reached a point where it was obvious that it was going to be a mech based FPS before anything else. I remember asking Ekman in game and on TS about the roleplay/MMO type metagame and he was at least honest when he said that he couldn't make any promises, but for me that was perhaps the one thing that might have made me overlook a lot of the balance/mechanic and zerg rush issues.

Jenner JR7-F: For when you want to go fast, and do equal damage to assault class mechs.
Jenner is still something of an issue? I remember Jenner and Hunchback laserboats being a PITA, just running around melting faces nonstop. Jenners with upgraded engines were often impossible to damage because of server sync issues, wonder if they ever fixed that. Also the damage/armor balance that they went with, I remember hitting Jenners with multiple Gauss rounds, seeing the damage apply to their paperdoll, and watching them run the fuck off. There was no way that a Jenner should be essentially immune to being cored from large caliber weapons - that was something else I hope they fixed. Hunchbacks also early on had issues with damage transfer so they soaked more damage that they should have.

This is why a lot of early adopters/spenders have buyer's remorse.
Just don't hold your breath for it being any more than the 12v12 TDM
Part of me wonders that if they had actually had community warfare implemented at release, if they could have let players focus on that more instead of pumping out mech content for what seems to me to be a short term cash grab. Mind you I never played at release, but when what I hear this long after release is so strikingly similar to what many concerns were back even before open beta...I mean, I just don't know what to say. It def sounds sad
frown.png

OneofOne

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Speed tweak is an elite skill which increases your speed. Looking at smurfy it looks like CASE can only go in your torso sections? Hrm weird.

Yukiri_sl

shitlord
Found this as i was waiting for a reply here

Neat tool, although i cant seem to be able to put Case in the web lab? not that bad just have to remember that i have 4 tons more in-game

What is tweak for engine speed?

Thx for tips

One thing i dont get from that mechbay is DPS goes up as im removing weapons from my mech?

And damn that xl300 is close to 5 million, think ill have to pick my weapons first lol
Possibly because your loadout is more heat efficient after dropping some weapons? I dunno.

Also, I see you talking about a Case and XL engines in the same paragraph, dont make the mistake of putting a Case on a mech with an XL, it's wasted tonnage. The Case is meant to prevent ammo explosions from spreading beyond the component that is currently being damaged/destroyed by said ammo explosion. XL engines extend into the left and right torso, so if you have ammo exploding there, it's lights out whether you have a Case installed or not.

Yukiri_sl

shitlord
Which Cataphract variant are you playing? Some benefit more from standard engines than XL's because the Cataphract's torso is literally the broadside of that proverbial barn. XL's open more firepower options but you will become far less durable.

And no wonder your dps went up when you took weps off that thing on smurfy if it was one of the erppc's you dropped. That thing has got to run hot as hell...

Which Cataphract variant are you playing? Some benefit more from standard engines than XL's because the Cataphract's torso is literally the broadside of that proverbial barn. XL's open more firepower options but you will become far less durable.

And no wonder your dps went up when you took weps off that thing on smurfy if it was one of the erppc's you dropped. That thing has got to run hot as hell...
3d. Hmm installed that after, actually killin pretty good with it, just gotta make every shot count

Recalcitrant_sl

shitlord
Jenner is still something of an issue?
Ballistics move faster now, and they've done some work on netcode. Jenners are more hittable now. Spiders are the new version of sketchy hitboxes/lagshield. There's still no collisions so there's no reliable way to disable/punish them for being too aggressive. Not sure if you played after DHS were implemented, but jenners now carry 6 ML instead of SL. They're still top-tier. Hunches struggle because of ghost heat making the P useless, and the shadowhawk does everything the other models do, better (and with jumpjets).

Part of me wonders that if they had actually had community warfare implemented at release, if they could have let players focus on that more instead of pumping out mech content for what seems to me to be a short term cash grab. Mind you I never played at release, but when what I hear this long after release is so strikingly similar to what many concerns were back even before open beta...I mean, I just don't know what to say. It def sounds sad
frown.png
August-September 2012 was the best state the game was in, sadly. While closed beta felt like a simulator, 12v12 feels like an arena shooter. I'm sure if they had the game more feature complete, it would have gone over better at release. In the most recent "State of the Inner Sphere" Russ talks about "re-releasing" the game later this year. But like in thatAoEO postmortem, you don't get a soft-release for a branded game.

The unfortunate part is the development team just has no experience in making modern games in modern engines, so they really had no business trying. "Short term cash grab" is kind of their specialty, as previous shovelware developers. Some of us tinfoil-hat type people have been speculating recently as to whether some of the "slow" development stems from the fact that PGI may not have been the ones who actually put together the original 8v8 stompy mech basis of the game. This project was started way back in 2007ish, and the original team/creator split off. It's feasible that the basics of torso/arm differentiation and weapon types were all in the game before PGI really touched it. So they've been churning out mechs because it's the only thing they really can do outside of pulling out/redesigning someone elses' jenga code.

They're also under high pressure to monetize because their publisher isn't doing so well. IGP wasn't founded as a subsidiary until 2011, with a big loan/share investment. It got that loan by claiming the parent company had another subsidiary which was earning $800k a month. That "earner" subsidiary went bankrupt in 2012, causing the parent company (7G Entertainment) to disband/fold into IGP itself. IGP had 3 games, and lost Sins of a Dark Age to steam a few months ago. Mechwarrior: Tactics can't get out of closed beta. MW:O is the only product bringing in money for the publisher.

Yukiri_sl

shitlord
3d. Hmm installed that after, actually killin pretty good with it, just gotta make every shot count
It isn't elegant, but it doesnt have to be, this is the 3D build that I used to run:CTF-3D

One ERPPC for long range sniping, three medium lasers for stripping armor once you get closer and an LB10X for shattering the bits underneath. Once you get some surplus c-bills, give that a try, or something similar, I had great success with it.

It isn't elegant, but it doesnt have to be, this is the 3D build that I used to run:CTF-3D

One ERPPC for long range sniping, three medium lasers for stripping armor once you get closer and an LB10X for shattering the bits underneath. Once you get some surplus c-bills, give that a try, or something similar, I had great success with it.
Something i dont get is the armor, how did u full up everything? no matter how low my tonnage i always get low caps on most of the parts of the mech

Yukiri_sl

shitlord
There is a tab for it in the mechlab (The tabs go Weapons, Ammo, Engines, Armor, Extra Components). It brings up a list of all the different parts of your mech and their current armor values. A fresh mech you just bought will come with low low armor values and it's up to you to set them. The torso armor value is shared between the front and rear. For instance your center torso might have 88 armor value which means you can put 66 on front and only have 22 leftover for the rear.

Make sure you snag Endo-Steel and Double heatinks asap. DHS will give you more bang for your buck with cooling and Endo-Steel frees up some tonnage at the cost of 14 slots which is no biggie.

Yukiri_sl

shitlord
It's because of what I said earlier, torso armor is shared between the front and rear. You have 70 in your center torso and 18 in your rear center torso which total 88. Lower one to be able to put additional armor points in the other.

Ahh right thx

Anyone good playing recently can confirm Cata still a good line of Mechs? Before i pump 5k xp into advanced zoom.

Since C-bills is dmg focused kinda regretting not looking up assault mechs instead