Men's Fashion

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I'm still curious why they'd put black tie on the invite if they clearly had no idea what the dress attire for that label meant

Picasso3

Silver Baronet of the Realm
If they hadn't put black tie people would have shown up in loin cloths by the sound of it.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I'm still curious why they'd put black tie on the invite if they clearly had no idea what the dress attire for that label meant
I figured they had no idea after a couple days. The bride posted something on facebook and someone asked "is it really black tie? does my husband need to wear a tux" and she told her no, as the groomsmen were just wearing suits. Unforunately, one single dude got it right (wrong).

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
I guess I'm old. Black tie means "old school" black tie to me. There's probably a good chance that a fair number of people don't know what black tie means and a good chance a fair number of peole that attended never even read that part of the invitation. "Oh we got an invite to soandso's wedding I already know it's on the 15th" and that was it.

White privelage I guess. I rarely go to weddings so oh well I guess.

What would aggravate me is I would have looked into it, wore appropriate dress for any ocassion (not this one in particular) and if it said black tie, wear black tie appropriate dress if I wanted to attend. I have never wore a suit to work - ever. People act like I wear what I wear to work in some cases and that's it. I wear jeans and boots to work 95% of the time, doesn't mean I would wear that someones wedding especially one that had black tie on the invite. Old I guess.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I think they mixed up 'black tie' with 'formal dress' or something. I had to look up black tie, and what occurred was definitely not it. Like I said I felt overdressed in a 3-piece suit

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Untucked shirts, in what dress code is that appropriate for pretty much anything other than casual and surely nobody would go "casual" to a wedding that wasn't at the beach or something. Like I said I wear jeans to work every day and even I tuck in my shirt.

Guvnah

Lord Nagafen Raider
I purchased some Amber Iron Rangers 6 months back and am loving them. I need to purchase my next pair of shoes to wear mostly with grey pants and button down shirts while at work.

I have been enjoying wearing boots quite a bit, but want to have shoes in different colors/styles
Red Wing Beckman in Black Cherry- nice, but too similar in style to my IR's?
Cole Haan Cambridge Chukka- I like the Chukka, but would like them more Burgundy. Depending on actual color, could too brown.
Chelsea Boots - unsure specifics, but some chelsea's in Black/Burgundy

On the price, I would pay for good shoes but cheaper is better right now.

Any recommendations?

Khane

Got something right about marriage
You're going to get the same recommendation everyone who visits this thread with that question gets.

Buy a pair of shoes. A pair that isn't overpriced and is worth the money. You aren't 15 years old, you can own a pair of nice shoes that aren't boots. In fact, you need to.

Allen Edmonds

Creslin

Trakanon Raider
I have a couple pairs of AEs now. Its totally worth the money. I went with brown and burgundy cause I figure that covers me for most situations and is really versatile. Check out their clearance section too some stuff that pops up there is a steal.

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
Every time I visit this thread, it just makes me sad as fuck I only bought 1 pair of the AE strawfoots.

Feels so bad man. So bad.

Anyway, if you are moving into adult men shoes, find a last you can wear 12hrs at a time with out wanting to cut your feet off. Some are super comfy, some are better for sitting vs walking, etc. So, put some real effort into finding a last (sole shape) that you like. And break that shoe in, wear it for a hour or 2 a day at home before wearing it to work. Get shoe trees. And a shoe horn.

Polish them, dont be a racial epithet.

And for god sakes, if you want adult shoes, dont get rubber soles or square toes. Fuk, every time I see either of those things it makes me want to do bad things.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I just purchased my first pair of shell cordovan boots. While they're cool and I appreciate the rarity and strength of the leather I'm not sure if it is really worth the premium.

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
My AE black and tan saddle Oxford never needed to be broken in. My burgundy and black ones did.

Straw foot never needed to be, park avenues, did.

Depends on the last and material. Maybe you have perfect feet for every last they make, I dunno. Also, that should not be possible, but if you have been buying them for 30 years like a guy I know, or don't know the difference... Sometimes you need a wide, sometimes the wide won't help, because if the last. So you need a half size larger.

I'm curious what size you wear in each last etc. Which ones you have. How you managed to buy a sizable number of different lasts and never have an issue wearing them for 14 hours at a time like I frequently do, sometimes on your feet for 6-10 hrs walking.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I just purchased 5 polos at Kohl's yesterday for $9.99 each, feeling pretty dapper this morning.

Picasso3

Amod please embed my YouTube video. I got a neg for that once so I'm worried about it now.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
You're on your own. You can edit the post...HURRY!

Picasso3

God damnit i lost another one. Who did it amod so I can write 6 pages of shit in the Tuconuts thread about not caring about taconets