Men's Fashion

Cad

scientia potentia est
<Bronze Donator>
Next marriage I will not be having Cad as a groomsman, check.
It is best to attend weddings as a good friend but not in the wedding party in any case. So thank you!
biggrin.png

Picasso3

Silver Baronet of the Realm
The 200 bucks to rent a tux is a hell of a racket. I wish i had assembled everyone before we started this marriage shit and picked some out we could all wear.

iannis

Musty Nester
Cad's speech at the reception, "You're all just lucky I'm wearing pants."

Yeah fuck that noise though. Defray some costs here or just have a small service.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
If you really don't want to wear what they request, don't go. It's pretty simple. Stop making it difficult. It's their day. If you don't like it, stay home.

Cad

scientia potentia est
<Bronze Donator>
If you really don't want to wear what they request, don't go. It's pretty simple. Stop making it difficult. It's their day. If you don't like it, stay home.
Either way you're the asshole when its them that picked stupid crap and inflicted it on everyone. If you bitch about the wedding it's "their day" and you're the asshole. If you bitch about how much it costs, you're a cheap asshole because "how often do they get married? Its THEIR DAY!" etc. If you just don't go, you're a bad friend because "this is the most important day of my life!" So instead I pay my $300, get the cheap ill fitting rented thing, and go smile, and bitch about it on an anonymous message board.

But my wedding was in town, open bar, 10 course meal, my groomsman was my brother and he just wore a normal suit, no bridesmaid dresses, no 3 showers with 1700 gifts, and since most of the people who came were asian we didn't have some gaudy registry just bring money.

Thats how you fucking do it.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
"The way I did something is the right way"

Maybe turn the mirror and look at the asshole

Cad

scientia potentia est
<Bronze Donator>
"The way I did something is the right way"

Maybe turn the mirror and look at the asshole
Yes you're right the person who allowed his friends to come enjoy a bomb ass party without requiring them to play expensive dress up, bring me gifts or do any dumb shit is actually the asshole in this situation. You're so right bro! Why didn't I see it earlier.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Easier said than done.

"I didn't go to your wedding because the invitation said black tie on it" is a real retarded reason. Almost as retarded as putting it on the invitation.

Fifey

Trakanon Raider
Whatever you are forced to pay to attend the wedding (gifts, suits, travel) try to make up for it at the open bar. If it doesn't have an open bar, then the wedding isn't worth going too anyways.

Borzak

Easier said than done.

"I didn't go to your wedding because the invitation said black tie on it" is a real retarded reason. Almost as retarded as putting it on the invitation.
I guess the phrase "I'm busy" is foreign to you? I get lots of wedding invitations that I don't attend. The world doesn't end. I get them to people I don't even know that are kids of people I do business with. I get them to some very close friends that I would never attend a wedding they throw. I have other plans, works every time. Or "I'm going to be out of town". It's not rocket surgery.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Well, 1) it's my wife's good friend, 2) my wife didn't relay the 'black tie' part until today.

So all in all it's my wife's fault and I should just chop her up and throw her in the river.

If it was some random schlub I wouldn't care

Borzak

Now we get to the root of the problem. Your wife. Let your wife go and you do something else that day.

Cad

scientia potentia est
<Bronze Donator>
Now we get to the root of the problem. Your wife. Let your wife go and you do something else that day.
And if its not your wife, its the wife of your friend. This is only an issue when its a close friend that you can't easy just say "I'm busy" or whatever since they asked you 6 months in advance. Then bridezilla turns the shit up to 11 and you end up spending two straight weekends dicking off at their rehearsals and wedding parties and getting "fitted" for suits that don't fit while spending hundreds of dollars (and losing unknown amount more because you could be working).