Men's Fashion

Creslin

Trakanon Raider
I usually wear 501s cause I like button jeans better. It annoys me that that style is so rare in the US.

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Mavi are really good jeans IMO, a couple pairs of them have been my favorite jeans in the past few years. I think they're Turkish or something like that. They're not ridiculously expensive, seem to be of reasonable quality, and don't tend to go the direction of other brands with fading and ugly stitching and jeweled back pockets. I've only bought a few pairs of $100+ jeans over the years. Two pairs of Seven For All Mankind which I fucking loved, but which fell apart after a year. And two pairs of Diesels, one which I stopped wearing because I just didn't like the cut/fit, and another which I just picked up last week and haven't worn yet.

I'm not too picky about brands for jeans. The larger lines have dozens of different styles/cuts, it's just a matter of finding the one that fits you. I like straight leg cuts for the most part, need some extra room in the butt and legs due to how diesel they are, and can't stand how 75% of jeans on the rack look ridiculous with a shitload of artificial fading and bedazzled back pockets etc. I might have 3-5 pairs in rotation at any one time, so I don't find they last me more than 2-3 years at most. Almost all of them wear out in the crotch.
Wear out in the crotch? Stop dry humping!

The jeans that lasted me years were 7s, and I agree about Mavi... that's what stood out was how plain they looked which is fine with me.

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Screenshotted>
Speaking of jeans, does anyone know of any good brands for someone with big legs? Been back at the gym a lot lately and my quads have blown up. It's business casual here, but today I'm wearing jeans and holy crap they're tight! I don't want fat people jeans (I'm 165), just something that might fit better in the upper legs. I want to say I'm at 24" legs at the moment.
165 lbs with 2 foot quads. That just sounds hilarious.

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
Speaking of jeans, does anyone know of any good brands for someone with big legs? Been back at the gym a lot lately and my quads have blown up. It's business casual here, but today I'm wearing jeans and holy crap they're tight! I don't want fat people jeans (I'm 165), just something that might fit better in the upper legs. I want to say I'm at 24" legs at the moment.
I'd love to hear the answer to this as well because I've got pretty thick legs. I can find tons of jeans that fit great on my waist and calves, but they're super tight on my upper legs.

If I want jeans that fit my thick legs it means I have to move up an entire waist size (or two) which results in incredibly baggy looking jeans.

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
That shit just sounds like a pain in the cunt. I have zero interest in this "raw denim" fad.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I've been exclusively wearing raw denim for like 4 years now. Not sure if it's really a 'fad' nor how it is is a pain. Right now I'm breaking in a pair of Samurais I bought a few months ago.

Porkchop

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Bronze Donator>
Lingerie for dudes
http://geekologie.com/2013/04/i-like...ow-lingeri.php

rrr_img_22292.jpg

rrr_img_22292.jpg

Prime_sl

shitlord
I absolutely love banana republic jeans. Look good and so damn comfortable. They do tend to wear down pretty quickly though. Every pair I get always ends up with a huge hole in the crotch. I keep buying them though as they are super comfortable and fairly cheap.

Df~_sl

shitlord
One of my good friends is a Denim manufacturer in South China... I asked him why all my jeans end up getting a hole in the crotch...

His professional explanation: Sweat accumulates there and evaporates leaving the salts in the material... which then gets rubbed together every step you take. His suggestion: rinse your jeans frequently (no detergent or soap) just water.

If you guys have any other questions I have no problem asking him anything reasonable.

Tenks

Or buy heavier weight denim. I even wear Nudies pretty regularly which are notorious for crotch blowouts so I don't know why it happens to some but not others. If you want a good cheap pair of jeans just get some unbranded selvages. They'll probably cost about the same as any mall designer brand but last about 10x longer. You don't need to go crazy and buy Iron Heart, Samurai, Pure Blue Japan, Momotaro or any of the other extremely high end denim brands but you can still get a pair of quality selvage denim with decent stitching (sadly Unbranded is fairly hit and miss with their stitching quality) that will last a good long while.

I'm obsessed with denim so if anyone has questions feel free to ask. Or at least in the raw denim scene. If you need to ask about Banana Republic, 7FAM, JBrand or any other "designer" then I'm not your guy ... although I do own like 10 pairs of 7FAM also >_<

Tenks

I've also been trying to move over to buying more of my clothing from first world countries. I find the quality, fit, construction and everything much better. It isn't so much a social stance although I do feel kind of odd basically supporting slavery and child labor by purchasing third world country clothes but that is really a minor point. I just like the quality first world countries provide. However the hardest was getting shoes from a first world country. I was feeling pretty childish at work wearing sneakers every day so I was looking for a boot style in leather that looked semi-casual (like I could wear everyday) but also presentable. I settled on these Red Wing Chukkas and I'm in love with them. The leather is top notch (even if it is genuine leather) and stiff as hell. Took me at least 2 weeks of wearing them to make them anything close to pliable. I also think they'll wear in really nicely.

http://www.amazon.com/Red-Wing-Beckm...ed+wing+chukka

As for winter/spring I'm also a huge fan of vests. I've talked about Canada Goose before because I own one of their true winter jackets (http://www.amazon.com/Canada-Goose-C...ose+chilliwack) but I also purchased their down vest as well. I'm really digging it but it may be a bit heavier weight than I need. It is pretty much like my winter jacket minus the hood and sleeves but I love it for walking my dog in the mornings on cooler spring mornings. (http://www.amazon.com/Canada-Goose-F...oose+freestyle)

I'm also breaking in a denim jacket that I wear when I'm not wearing my Samurai jeans since they both look pretty much identical. I'm not sure now much I love it. I got it 50% off. (http://shop.nudiejeans.com/en/produc...anic-dry-denim). Sadly it isn't selvage so the denim quality isn't top notch. No clue how long it'll take to wear it out. But Nudie is my brand so when I saw it for under $100 I had to jump on it.

The only thing I'm really having issues moving over to buying 1st world is my socks and underwear. I know where I can buy boxers made in America but I'm having a hard time paying $30-$40 a pair especially since my Hanes brand underwear lasts me forever. I could also buy American Apparel's but I already have 3 pairs of their underwear and it is terrible. I look like a flaming homo in it and it doesn't have a crotch hole since it is 'unisex.' So I'm sticking with Hanes/FOTL.

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
I've also been trying to move over to buying more of my clothing from first world countries. I find the quality, fit, construction and everything much better. It isn't so much a social stance although I do feel kind of odd basically supporting slavery and child labor by purchasing third world country clothes but that is really a minor point. I just like the quality first world countries provide. However the hardest was getting shoes from a first world country. I was feeling pretty childish at work wearing sneakers every day so I was looking for a boot style in leather that looked semi-casual (like I could wear everyday) but also presentable. I settled on these Red Wing Chukkas and I'm in love with them. The leather is top notch (even if it is genuine leather) and stiff as hell. Took me at least 2 weeks of wearing them to make them anything close to pliable. I also think they'll wear in really nicely.

http://www.amazon.com/Red-Wing-Beckm...ed+wing+chukka

As for winter/spring I'm also a huge fan of vests. I've talked about Canada Goose before because I own one of their true winter jackets (http://www.amazon.com/Canada-Goose-C...ose+chilliwack) but I also purchased their down vest as well. I'm really digging it but it may be a bit heavier weight than I need. It is pretty much like my winter jacket minus the hood and sleeves but I love it for walking my dog in the mornings on cooler spring mornings. (http://www.amazon.com/Canada-Goose-F...oose+freestyle)

I'm also breaking in a denim jacket that I wear when I'm not wearing my Samurai jeans since they both look pretty much identical. I'm not sure now much I love it. I got it 50% off. (http://shop.nudiejeans.com/en/produc...anic-dry-denim). Sadly it isn't selvage so the denim quality isn't top notch. No clue how long it'll take to wear it out. But Nudie is my brand so when I saw it for under $100 I had to jump on it.

The only thing I'm really having issues moving over to buying 1st world is my socks and underwear. I know where I can buy boxers made in America but I'm having a hard time paying $30-$40 a pair especially since my Hanes brand underwear lasts me forever. I could also buy American Apparel's but I already have 3 pairs of their underwear and it is terrible. I look like a flaming homo in it and it doesn't have a crotch hole since it is 'unisex.' So I'm sticking with Hanes/FOTL.
Denim and down vests. This is how I am picturing you now:

rrr_img_22379.jpg

rrr_img_22379.jpg

Virus_sl

shitlord
Joe's jeans

...nuff said

Get them at outlet stores, they're legit boutiquey jeans for hella cheaper than the actual stores at the mall...

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
One of my good friends is a Denim manufacturer in South China... I asked him why all my jeans end up getting a hole in the crotch...

His professional explanation: Sweat accumulates there and evaporates leaving the salts in the material... which then gets rubbed together every step you take. His suggestion: rinse your jeans frequently (no detergent or soap) just water.

If you guys have any other questions I have no problem asking him anything reasonable.
Good to know. I jerk off a lot and a ton of cum gets down there. I've gone through 3 or so jeans -- albeit they are about 7 years old -- in the past 3 months. Two of them had been fixed but then torn again, lol.

Dashel

Blackwing Lair Raider
I absolutely love banana republic jeans. Look good and so damn comfortable. They do tend to wear down pretty quickly though.
Same. I like the boot cut fit personally. They are weird though because I've ordered different cuts from them and the material is different for relaxed indigo as compared to boot cut?

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
165 lbs with 2 foot quads. That just sounds hilarious.
Out of curiosity, where do you measure your quads anyways? I was curious tonight, I'm about 19" a few inches above the knee cap, and 23" mid thigh. What's the proper measurement?