Men's Fashion

Dashel

Blackwing Lair Raider
Blue Jeans: can anyone beat Banana Republic's Boot Cut denim for 89.50, usually on sale for ~50 bucks?

http://bananarepublic.gap.com/browse...&pid=429904002

I'd pay up to 100 or so if they're really good. BR's jeans are super soft and comfortable usually but the last pair I got in the Indigo (dark blue) were noticeably different material so I'm looking around again. The light blue are still great though.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Soft jeans are nice, but I dislike when the super soft material makes it weaker. I also dislike "factory damage". That shitty torn knee style. I'll destroy my own jeans, thank you very much.

The Master

Bronze Squire
Blue Jeans: can anyone beat Banana Republic's Boot Cut denim for 89.50, usually on sale for ~50 bucks?

I'd pay up to 100 or so if they're really good. BR's jeans are super soft and comfortable usually but the last pair I got in the Indigo (dark blue) were noticeably different material so I'm looking around again. The light blue are still great though.
I'm pissed I didn't get in on this but:

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...eans-delivered

I imagine it will be a while before they get through their KS production run and start selling to the general public, but $95 per pair, they have a home try-on program where they send you three sizes and you keep the one that fits, and the quality seems very good.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
I have been exclusively BR jeans, but probably have not bought a new pair in the last year. My previous three pair are still going strong and my oldest pair are the most comfortable pair of pants I own. Could sleep like a baby in those jeans (and think I have). Damn missing that Kickstarter sucks. Good find though, hopefully they go in to full production soon.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I'm pissed I didn't get in on this but:

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...eans-delivered

I imagine it will be a while before they get through their KS production run and start selling to the general public, but $95 per pair, they have a home try-on program where they send you three sizes and you keep the one that fits, and the quality seems very good.
If you want cheap selvage you can trywww.weargustin.com. The issue with Gustin is even after the project is 100% funded you can be looking at a month before you get your denim. You can also tryhttp://theunbrandedbrand.com/. They are universally well regarded and are a child company of Naked & Famous. The stitching can be hit and miss (at least it used to be) but I believe they've shored up the QA process and now you're going to consistently get a good pair of denim. I have two pairs of their chinos. I've never broken in a pair of their indigo.

I've heard some negative things about RPMWEST on some of my various raw denim forums but I'm not sure exactly why. They are made in LA by the same company that makes basically all USA made denim. That doesn't necessarily mean it will be of higher quality being made here. Their infographic is misleading because not every company uses this manufacturer. Tons of Kickstarter denim brands do -- but not all. It also appears their back pockets don't use hidden rivets which is kind of a put-off because they're just as expensive as Unbranded which does have hidden rivets. To clarify that means the back pockets have actual rivets where the bar tacking is applied but they're underneath a layer of denim. The $250 price point is also absurd. At ~$250 you are looking into the super premium brand tier with Momotaro, Samurai, Flat Head to name a few. The actual Japanese denim brands where the workers there obsess over every stitch and the jeans are made with utmost care. Yeah there are some brands at that price point that don't deserve it but those are falling by the wayside as the community is becoming more aware of quality versus simply a brand name.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Ok, back to the shoe discussion.

I've decided to give ECCO a shot, and 2 of the shoes look like something I would wear regularly.

I can't decide which would be better, though.

ecco_chander_retro_cognac.jpg

eTMgV4p.jpg

Suggestions please.

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
I think both are quite ugly. However, I would recommend the bottom choice simply because it's black. With brown, you're limiting yourself with what you wear on top.

prescient

Silver Knight of the Realm
You can do better...

Also, brown goes with almost anything. What color are you not wearing with brown besides black?

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
I can't say enough good things about ECCO shoes, I love em.

Also like mentioned, what are some of you wearing that brown wouldn't go with?

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I have both brown and black shoes. I change depending on what shirt I'm wearing at work on a given day.

I'm always in blue jeans though, so that doesn't change ever.

kudos

<Banned>

Problem is their sizing is stupid large for me. If you're shorter their denim is way too long and you gotta get it altered. If you are thin then good luck finding anything lower than a 30 inch waist. Even the GAP can be a pain in the ass sometimes. American Eagle as shitty as it can be sometimes at least has EVERY fucking size imaginable. H&M at least can fit my waist but I still gotta get the length fixed every time.

agripa

Molten Core Raider
Ok, back to the shoe discussion.

I've decided to give ECCO a shot, and 2 of the shoes look like something I would wear regularly.

I can't decide which would be better, though.

ecco_chander_retro_cognac.jpg

eTMgV4p.jpg

Suggestions please.
Have you looked at Clarks desert boots?

rrr_img_34791.jpg

Guvnah

Lord Nagafen Raider
I picked up a couple pairs of lightly usedDoc Wingtipsfrom Ebay.

I had some Clark Wingtips that I liked, but they don't seem to make them anymore. Both the Clarks and the Docs are a bit less formal but still dressy enough for my job.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
LOL, those Clarks are fucking hilarious and hideous. I would not be caught dead with those on. Docs, on the other hand have some nice models. I own a few pairs of those that Ive had since the late 90s and they are still good.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
LOL, those Clarks are fucking hilarious and hideous. I would not be caught dead with those on. Docs, on the other hand have some nice models. I own a few pairs of those that Ive had since the late 90s and they are still good.
It is amazing how much I disagree with this post. Those shoes linked above are about the most disgusting things I've seen and should be shipped back to 2000 when that style was actually popular and fashionable. That is the most grotesque sole ever on a shoe and makes it look like a clown shoe. Seriously a wingtip with a fucking 1" sole? Gross.

Clark Desert Boots are pretty much widely accepted as the best looking and most affordable shoe for modern male styling

mixtilplix

Lord Nagafen Raider
I will admit they look a bit strange in that photo, but they look great when you wear them with a pair of jeans. Before desert boots became popular people would complement me on them all the time and ask where I got mine. Only problem is the crepe sole gets ugly after a year of extended use. Don't knock them till you try them.