Men's Fashion

Mario Speedwagon

Gold Recognition
<Prior Amod>
There are two kinds of people that would go to ralphlauren.com and pay full retail for literally any item on there. Millionaires and utter retards.

Scratch that. Millionaires are probably getting tailored clothes or someone is doing their shopping for them. There is only one kind of person that pays full retail on ralphlauren.com

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
When I shop for clothes (I don't wear a suit and such all that often) I pay part for the clothes and part for the service/help. As someone is colorblind I like going where someone can just pick something given the requirements I've given them. One place I used to shop fairly often was at it according to my ex. Guessing there's a fair number of guys after a party or meeting their wife/girlfriend say "did you see what he had on" and it never entered the guys mind.

McQueen

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Women make fun of the man, not the outfit. They're about as good at identifying menswear as men are about purses. No one except another bro is going to give a shit about your Drake's tie and the fold of your pocket square.

• 1Truth!
Reactions: 1 user

Lenardo

Vyemm Raider
in my area milton's has tuxedo's from ~200 to 900 dollars they have a half canvas one for 400 no idea on the brand.
brooksbrothers start at about 600..

ctshirts.com are 550
hockerty are about 300--500
indochino are about 500

Deruvian

Lord Nagafen Raider
My wedding was black tie. I got my Tuxedo from Thomas Pink. Really liked how it fit; was about a thousand. My step-father also bought a tuxedo from Bonobos that looked and fit great. Similar price.

Cad

<Bronze Donator>
Tuxes don't really need to be expensive 500 is fine. Name brands in suits and mens wear (where you can't see the fucking brands for it to even matter) is stupid.

Buy your tux a little big, you don't wear it often and most of you will get fatter. You don't want to wear it a couple times then not be able to fit it.

• 1Like

splorge

Silver Knight of the Realm
Tuxes don't really need to be expensive 500 is fine. Name brands in suits and mens wear (where you can't see the fucking brands for it to even matter) is stupid.

Buy your tux a little big, you don't wear it often and most of you will get fatter. You don't want to wear it a couple times then not be able to fit it.

I would advise people to buy a tux that fits. Fit is the most important factor in looking 'good'. If you get fat, get the tux taken out, lose weight, or buy a new one. Looking like a schlub defeats the entire purpose.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Mario Speedwagon

Gold Recognition
<Prior Amod>

Terrible advice. Brands don't matter unless you can see the logo? lmao pleb tier mentally. Might as well buy a van huesen suit off the clearance rack at Burlington coat factory right? Can't see the logo anyways!

Found Cad's casual wear

polo-ralph-lauren-blue-big-pony-polo-shirt-product-3-431012130-normal.jpeg

Also if you buy a $500-$1000 piece of clothing in an ill-fitting size because you might get fat later, then you are a retard.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Cad

<Bronze Donator>
None of my clothes have brands or labels idiot, I buy everything custom made.

“A little big” doesn’t mean ill fitting. I’m just saying don’t get your tux in super slim fit because you’re not going to wear it often. By the time you wear it again you might be larger.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Yea my custom suits still have labels in them even though you can't see them.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Joseph A. Bank is having an 80% sale today. My previous jobs all had a rather relaxed dress code, with khaki pants/shorts (season), and polo shirts. Ive been at a new place that is Suit & Tie for almost 5 months now and Im piecing together a wardrobe, but honestly - I look like a baggy mess as soon as I take my Jacket off (in my eyes). I can never find my exact size at Macy's etc. So my question is essentially, are the shirts at Joseph A Bank good quality, and how do I know if the actual cost of a single tailored shirt is cheap enough for my cheap ass? I plan on splurging and buying two weeks worth of shirts if anyone can help me with this question. Thanks!

Cad

<Bronze Donator>
Yea my custom suits still have labels in them even though you can't see them.

Nothing on the outside like a polo or abercrombie label. You can't see what brand it is unless you open it. Thats the point. The point is whether it fits you properly and is good material. Good materials do not need to be that expensive; generally with really expensive clothes you are paying for the brand. Which is ironic since with suits you can't see it...

Surely you see where I'm going here.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Agreed. And even if people could see what tailor made them they wouldn't know who they were unless they lived in the area anyway.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Joseph A. Bank is having an 80% sale today. My previous jobs all had a rather relaxed dress code, with khaki pants/shorts (season), and polo shirts. Ive been at a new place that is Suit & Tie for almost 5 months now and Im piecing together a wardrobe, but honestly - I look like a baggy mess as soon as I take my Jacket off (in my eyes). I can never find my exact size at Macy's etc. So my question is essentially, are the shirts at Joseph A Bank good quality, and how do I know if the actual cost of a single tailored shirt is cheap enough for my cheap ass? I plan on splurging and buying two weeks worth of shirts if anyone can help me with this question. Thanks!

I can't speak on Joseph A's quality. I will say if they are cheap enough, buy ones with a little room and let a tailor do his thing. Finding a perfect fitting shirt, or pants at that, are very difficult. Luckily some of these brands are getting better at allowing some room in the butt/legs, while tapering their stuff in where most humans are slim by nature.

The_Black_Log Foler

Stock Pals Senior Vice President
<Gold Donor>
Propercloth, wait for fabrics to go on sale and nab up made to measure shirts that fit better than anything in the price range.

• 1Like

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
Find a Charles Tyrwhitt nearby, go there and figure out size and fit, buy shirts online when on sale in bulk. Ez.

• 1Solidarity

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Propercloth, wait for fabrics to go on sale and nab up made to measure shirts that fit better than anything in the price range.

What type of sales do those fabrics go on? Curious how much I can have a shirt made through them.

The_Black_Log Foler

<Gold Donor>
What type of sales do those fabrics go on? Curious how much I can have a shirt made through them.
Check it out literally right now they're having cyber Monday sale.. I've seen fabrics as low as $65. You'll need a good idea if your measurements but they'll usually remake your first shirt free. Once you nail down your fit it's like fucking heaven. No more square cuts where it's all poofy at the waste

Edit: fuck sale is huge! Some awesome $150 fabrics going $90 and others even lower!

The_Black_Log Foler

<Gold Donor>
Also READ fabric reviews. Get to know fabrics and what you like. Cotton/linen blends wrinkle more obviously, ply effects transparency and thickness.

Spend a little time reading up on their website then buy one, get the fit down perfect and treat yourself to a new shirt a few times a year. Honestly after ordering more shirts from them than I'm embarrassed to admit, I solid 6 shirts will do you fine.