Messiah

Zajeer

Molten Core Raider
3.00 star(s) Rating: 3.00/5 2 Votes
Title: Messiah

Genre: Drama

First aired: 2020-01-01

Creator: Michael Petroni

Cast: Michelle Monaghan, Mehdi Dehbi, John Ortiz, Tomer Sisley, Melinda Page Hamilton, Stefania LaVie Owen, Jane Adams, Wil Traval, Fares Landoulsi, Sayyid El Alami

Overview: A wary CIA officer investigates a charismatic man who sparks a spiritual movement and stirs political unrest. Who exactly is he? And what does he want?

Zajeer

Molten Core Raider
Has anyone else watched this? I binged this show over the weekend, and I felt it was really good - there were only a few slower parts in the middle episodes, but overall it kept you wondering if the main character was really the Messiah, just a normal con man, or maybe he's the anti-christ. And each action he does keeps you with that seed of doubt; I'm sure that will carry over to season 2.

Definitely worth watching

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
Has anyone else watched this? I binged this show over the weekend, and I felt it was really good - there were only a few slower parts in the middle episodes, but overall it kept you wondering if the main character was really the Messiah, just a normal con man, or maybe he's the anti-christ. And each action he does keeps you with that seed of doubt; I'm sure that will carry over to season 2.

Definitely worth watching
I mirror these statements. Watched it in one sitting.

Season 1 was good, but it walks the line of slipping into standard mediocrity.

Because it's so short and there's other things to watch, I'd wait until Season 2/3 gets released.

Gnomedolf

<Silver Donator>
I’m at the middle episodes. Things have really slowed down, but I’m intrigued enough to keep watching.

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I'm up to episode 3, and it's a very interesting show. I'll more than likely watch the rest when I get home from work tonight.

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
For some reason this show does not want to play on my Xbox. Works fine on my phone and TV aps. Tried hard restarting the box, uninstalling the ap, keeps giving me a "we're having trouble playing this" error, and sometimes it gets stuck loading to 20%. Had a similar issue with the Ninja Turtles movie (the old one).

Seperate problem with the TV Netflix ap version is the ARC on Dolby Atmos doesn't work on every episode (which is happening with a few other shows, and not every episode). I can switch to regular 5.1 in Netflix itself and that works fine. Somethings up with the ARC handshaking. It's an Onkyo TX-NR787 receiver, LG C8. The HDMI cables are all 2.2 certified. Worked fine for the last year, and just started happening. No recent firmware updates to any devices.

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
But regarding the show... Gives me feelings about things. I'm five episodes in, or whichever one
he kills the dog in.
It's an interesting take on what a person like that would do to people in our current time. Second coming? Antichrist? Why does it have to be either of those things. Seems to have a lot of politically fueled background noise. Definitely a message of globalism. A lot of what he says is pretty simple and straightforward, but a lot to digest if you're versed in scriptures (Torah, Bible, Quran).
Brings Muslims to Jews asking for refuge. Saves a Christian church.
A bit twisty twiny on what's supposed to happen. What's it all meaaan. *smokes joint*

hory

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I like how netflix put in the discription that it is FICTION and NOT based on anything for the benefit of the delusional left.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Yea that's why they put that description in. Religious people definitely aren't the delusional ones.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Malakriss

Should remind people that this movie is getting made since it's relevant:

Qhue

Trump's Staff
Finished the season

They do a good job of keeping you guessing as to whether he's the real deal or not and ultimately we are led to believe he's a big phony until the last scene.

Of course there are other genuine miracles that seem hard to dismiss as some sort of fakery but the final twist seems to be that El-Masih is actually the anti-christ and Jabril is the true Messiah.
Be very interesting to see if they get a second season where they go with it.

Araxen

Finished the season

They do a good job of keeping you guessing as to whether he's the real deal or not and ultimately we are led to believe he's a big phony until the last scene.

Of course there are other genuine miracles that seem hard to dismiss as some sort of fakery but the final twist seems to be that El-Masih is actually the anti-christ and Jabril is the true Messiah.
Be very interesting to see if they get a second season where they go with it.

The ending was quite good. This show better get a second season! It's a very intriguing show! What you say makes sense.

In some forms of Christianity and Islam, the Anti-Christ is supposed to be make his appearance before the real second coming.

Last edited:

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
The ending was quite good. This show better get a second season! It's a very intriguing show! What you say makes sense.

In some forms of Christianity and Islam, the Anti-Christ is supposed to be make his appearance before the real second coming.

Shit is supposed to get suuuuper fucked before that happens, which I hope they do a barrel roll over the shark in season two, just get to it and don't drag this one out like they did House of Cards.

Qhue

Trump's Staff

My first inkling along these lines came pretty early on when El-Masih abandons Jabril and company at the border and shows no sign of coming back as the unrest continues to escalate. The first episode opens with a focus on Jabril burying his mom and he continues to be a major character for the rest of the show despite him being the only one who doesn't connect/reconnect with El-Masih in America.

Then you see that everything El-Masih touches leaves chaos and pain in his wake as well as making things actively harder for Jabril. Having Samir read 'The Little Prince' to him was just sort of icing on the cake.

Rebecca as an actual prophet also seems to track.

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I somewhat got interested in the main plot (also Michel Monaghan) but stopped watching because the israeli spy dude can't act and his character is cliché as fuck. Maybe I'll try it when there're a TV shows draught.

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
This show is another example of a great story that gets dragged down with too many episodes.

Gnomedolf

<Silver Donator>
The wife and I enjoyed this one. I, too, think Jabril is the real messiah.

Last edited by a moderator:

Caliane

This was pretty good indeed.
So much woke nonsense in this. I find it hard to believe they will have the balls to really go lol nope, hes the anti-christ. It was a bit frustrating that no one was calling him out on the stupid shit he was saying about borders. mother fucker, we dont have borders to protect our privilege, we have privilege BECAUSE we protect our borders. "wheres your liberty, justice?" again, yo, dog. everywhere. borders allowing that. and, is the reason why everyone is trying to enter. if mexico, iran, etc had liberty and justice, you'd have stayed there. "borders create conflict". uh, no they dont. they create peace, as war only occurs when the borders come into question. Without borders assigned "by white Europeans" you have nonstop war, as the borders still exist but are in constant question of position between war tribes. aka, Africa right now... Native americans before colonization, Polynesians, etc, etc..
or, no one questions him on why hes lecturing the US, and Isreal.. but not saying shit to north korea, china, India, etc..

Last edited:

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So how much money does Zuckerberg have to give for them to pretend an active, high ranking CIA agent would have a legit facebook account?

TV show information provided by The Movie Database