Metal Gear Solid V

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Pretty sure all reprints were Substance edition. Could be wrong though. I replayed it on the collection that came out on ps3.

Ignatius

#thePewPewLife
Ah...might give it another go (I'd say second chance, but let's be honest...it's a metal gear game, I played that thing at least 5 times lol). I only ever played the original version on ps2.

Evernothing

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
TBH I'm not even sure what was different in the two versions.
Some subtle alterations, including new infrared effects for the thermal goggles, additional cutscenes, and a new set of dog tags, as well as the inclusion of the Boss Survival and Casting Theater modes that were missing in the North American version of the original game.

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
Ok how can I set my Chopper to play music when it flies in to pick me up? I have the speaker upgrade, but I have only been able to figure out how to get my music to play on my idroid....

Also, anyone having success with custom soundtracks on PS4? Or is this a PC only thing?

Column_sl

shitlord
Ok how can I set my Chopper to play music when it flies in to pick me up? I have the speaker upgrade, but I have only been able to figure out how to get my music to play on my idroid....

Also, anyone having success with custom soundtracks on PS4? Or is this a PC only thing?
If your Choppa doesn't pick you up to "Long Tall Sally" playing you are not a red blooded American male.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Just captured Quiet.

Titties and ass all around Mother Base now.

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
Ok did some searching and for those wondering... After you skill up the speaker on the helicopter, you can go to your cassette area and pick a song you want to hear from the chopper as it flies in. This is infinitely more hilarious if you have the PC version and make a custom sound track, but either way, there are some great songs to find.

To do this, when you are looking at music, pick a song and press the Square key. Next time your helicopter comes in to pick you up, OR, comes in for support and starts firing a whole bunch of shit, it will play that song.

I REALLY wish PS4 supported Custom Tracks in MG5 now.

MGS 5 Phantom Pain Heli Music - America #@$ Yeah! - YouTube

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
ie5UXBf.jpg

Sumdain x

Trakanon Raider
the game runs pretty amazing on the I7-4702HQ and an 870m, everything on full and only get a stutter once in a while.

pretty amazed at how nice the graphics are without any slowdowns.

Diemess

Silver Knight of the Realm
So IGN gave this a 10.

Should I play ground zeroes first or can I jump in this right away?

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Play GZ first its not that long and will both give you bonuses in PP and teach you to be decent at the new stealth mechanics and give you some idea what is going on

Diemess

Play GZ first its not that long and will both give you bonuses in PP and teach you to be decent at the new stealth mechanics and give you some idea what is going on
thanks. Guess I'll try finishing them both before Fallout 4.

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
thanks. Guess I'll try finishing them both before Fallout 4.
Highly suggest trying GZ, finishing it, looking at cut scenes. Try the various missions, but when you have done that, go back a page or two here and find the link I posted to the 100% save game completion. No need to take the time to do that yourself. Play the missions, but for fun and training. No need to worry about S ranking them if you use the save file.

And a note, the "rewards" (personnel for mother base, like Hideo Kojima) won't activate until a few missions in.

As to the game, not gotten to play that much (3 missions + side ops), but got DD. What an awesome lil pup.

Diemess

Highly suggest trying GZ, finishing it, looking at cut scenes. Try the various missions, but when you have done that, go back a page or two here and find the link I posted to the 100% save game completion. No need to take the time to do that yourself. Play the missions, but for fun and training. No need to worry about S ranking them if you use the save file.

And a note, the "rewards" (personnel for mother base, like Hideo Kojima) won't activate until a few missions in.

As to the game, not gotten to play that much (3 missions + side ops), but got DD. What an awesome lil pup.
I'll be playing on the ps4, not PC
frown.png
Wish I could use that save file.

Do you have to 100% a mission in GZ to unlock a character?

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
I'll be playing on the ps4, not PC
frown.png
Wish I could use that save file.

Do you have to 100% a mission in GZ to unlock a character?
No, you need to extract all the hostages in the base in each mission, and preferably, extract the Hand and the Eye from I think its mission 3.

Also you need to get all the patches in Mission 1 to unlock the last two missions. Complete all the flashbacks (there's only 7) in the 6th mission, and complete the 7th mission.

Not sure what else. You do not need to 100% GZs though.