Metal Gear Solid V

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
What part of killing mechs with ballerina legs that sound like retarded cows with break dancing before fighting the gay vampire for the tenth time was good? Was it the beer drinking roller blading albino monkey?

Szlia

The part where I sneaked through an underground improvised infirmary while I could hear the battle raging outside, the part where as a third party I influenced the outcome of a battle to suit my needs, the part where I sneaked into an enemy camp only to find myself in the middle of an ongoing black op, the part where I tailed someone through Prague like it was 1972, the part where a brilliant anticipation plot idea was brought to its logical extreme, etc.

All MGS games are made of a mix of brilliance and crap, with diverse ratio, but the brilliance is so brilliant and the crap often so insanely wacky that all games in the serie are to be played at least once.

Tanoomba

ジョーディーすれいやー
<Banned>
Also, Metal Gear Solid on GameBoy Color was pretty sweet. A hidden gem.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
What part of killing mechs with ballerina legs that sound like retarded cows with break dancing before fighting the gay vampire for the tenth time was good? Was it the beer drinking roller blading albino monkey?
That all sounds amazing.

Sean_sl

shitlord
PRODUCTS:METAL GEAR SOLID V: GROUND ZEROES

oETQdyI.png

It's nice to see a developer actually have some balls and post something like this.

Also:Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes Is Getting Its Own PS4 Console

No word on a Western release of the console, sadly.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
how is something "720p/1080p" if it only runs at 30fps? That P specifically denotes 60fps.

Itzena_sl

shitlord
Big Phoenix not knowing what he's talking about?

Shocker

The MGS series is perfectly fine as long as you realise that, despite the Western action movie skin, it is ANIME AS FUCK.

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Psychotic villians with names from a random word scramble with completely random abilities, anime, you don't say?

supertouch_sl

shitlord
I hadn't played a Metal Gear game since MGS for Playstation, so I decided to check out Revengeance and my god, that was one of the worst games I've played in recent memory. There are no stealth elements. You just slash your way through this empty world as a high heel-wearing cyborg. . Please tell me everything after MGS isn't like this.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Yeah, you skipped the 5 or 6 MGS games that came out in between MGS1 and Revengeance. All of those other games were stealth like MGS1. Revengeance is the only arcade/action one.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
The MGS series is perfectly fine as long as you realise that, despite the Western action movie skin, it is ANIME AS FUCK.
I like [good] anime, and MGS is pretty fucking far from fine. I find the concept interesting and it's something I reallyshouldlike, but if there's a game out there with worse writing and more fourth wall breaking faggotry than MGS4, I glad that I've never heard of it.

Revengeance is actually bearable compared to the rest of the series in terms of writing. MGS5 will almost certainly go straight back into full-retard territory though.

Chris

Potato del Grande
They went full retard in MGS2 and never really recovered. MGS3 was almost alright but they put in that boss made of bees and the 90 year old cripple.

Szlia

The plots in MGS games are... let's say... grandiose. The brilliant is constantly mixed with the grotesque to the point you get punch drunk and can't tell one from the other. These plots are exceptional and amazing, which does not mean they are good. As far as I am concerned it certainly means they are worthy of my time because there is nothing quite like them and their nuggets of genius are worth the stupid jokes and the undecipherable layers of verbose conspiracy.

Xalara

Golden Squire
The more I think about it the more I've come to like MGS2's story. Ok, the stuff with Rose sucked but I think most people who hate on it are still salty over the Raiden switcharoo. The game is also surprisingly relevant in the context of today's surveillance state.

Sean_sl

shitlord
The plots in MGS games are... let's say... grandiose. The brilliant is constantly mixed with the grotesque to the point you get punch drunk and can't tell one from the other. These plots are exceptional and amazing, which does not mean they are good. As far as I am concerned it certainly means they are worthy of my time because there is nothing quite like them and their nuggets of genius are worth the stupid jokes and the undecipherable layers of verbose conspiracy.
Szlia summed it up well. Kojima's nonsense may not be the best stories out there, but they are certainly an experience all their own that you don't want to miss. It's like watching a movie that's crazy as fuck for the sake of watching something that's crazy as fuck.

Chris

Potato del Grande
The more I think about it the more I've come to like MGS2's story. Ok, the stuff with Rose sucked but I think most people who hate on it are still salty over the Raiden switcharoo. The game is also surprisingly relevant in the context of today's surveillance state.
Copy MGS story then add fake pregnacy drama then throw the President off some library or something in New York?