Middle-earth: Shadow of War (Shadow of Mordor Sequel)

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I think the best anti-piracy measure is delivering compelling online features.

Integrating co-op in Shadow of War would be a lot of fun. You could just have co-op events out in the world that would connect you with another player to take on a particularly tough event. I haven't done the fortress missions but they also seem designed for PvP. Maybe they'll add that in the future.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Best in class game at living vicariously through other's stories
"Insane" Blood Brother Story • r/shadowofmordor
Had an epic tier archer, Rug the Bold. He was a big help in taking the first fortress. Later he gains a blood brother, Olog Commander Ar-Baruk Rock Skull. I did not know this and sent Rug to kill him. It was a duel and Rug said he did not want to do it, while Ar-Baruk berated him for serving a man. The fight ends with Ar-Baruk running and me trying to dominate him. He had Iron Will so I Shamed him. Rug betrays me and sets out on his own with a word of goodbye.

I continued to shame Ar-Baruk until he became deranged and all he does his laugh, but in a hysterical crying way. Reduce him to level 1(I'm level 39) until his Iron Will goes away. Recruit him finally even though all he does is laugh while crying, but I have a plan for him.

I move on to Rug and shame him, but of course he becomes a maniac, raising to level 57 and only laughing, well, maniacally. Fight him once more and shame back to my level, then dominate him. I proceed to level Ar-Baruk to 38.

Then my punishment plan comes to light. I make these two deranged blood brother fight to the death in the pit. Rug comes in laughing while Ar-Baruk weeps hysterically for his brother.

In the end, Ar-Baruk defeats his brother and leaves my service. For now...

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Sounds like a lot of fun. Cant wait to buy and play it for 15 bucks in six months, or just pirate it so they see zero cash. If this didn’t have the micro transaction stamp on it and the way they deployed it in act 4, I would be playing and would have purchased it full price.

The more we collectively do this, the faster this bullshit will go away folks. BF 2 now just became a zero purchase as well. Too bad.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
I did not see myself getting a chance to play this before the weekend, but my kid came down with the stomach flu thus I am downloading the game now. Hopefully I can get an hour or two in today between caring for him and working from home.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Hard hitting review from Motherboard. If you enjoy this game you support slavery.

https://archive.fo/fgBoz

4C6C2DE2-D67F-446E-BEC9-E849212A9726-21028-0000136FF9F4A3A3.jpeg

• 1Worf

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Is that a spoof? Or is this really what the world has become?

I'm sure its a spoof :)

Or, WB is concerned about sales already because of their shit pay to win Act 4, and this is what they do in their movies to get a product "known". Thereby having players go buy it in their minds because all gamers are right wing fanaticals who worship Robert E Lee Statues according to their latest demographic report and they will buy it to see "What he is talking about".

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Steam reviews (Still showing very positive somehow when all the reviews are now negative), Amazon, and Metacritic user scores are all in the tank as more and more people reach Act 4.

Even some dude who received the game for free on steam blasted the shit out of it after p[laying 35 hours.

RISE UP MY FRIENDS! THE TIME IS NOW.

Battlefront 2 is NEXT.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
To celebrate, I think I'll go play Shadows of Mordor to get my fix in.

Warrik

Potato del Grande
<Donor>
Utnayan is 100% right on this. Loot boxes in single player games is wrong on so many levels, and every one of you that contributes/supports to this business model is complicit in spreading this taint of greed and thereby personally endorsing pay walls, artificial difficulty curves to encourage purchasing, time locks, and locked content.

• 4Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 5 users

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Thing is too, none of us have problems with micro transactions for cosmetics. Ex: Rocket league. I have probably spent 75 on keys for crates for cooler explosions when I score, a cool looking car, awesome wheels, decals, etc. it doesn’t impact the game. This is how it’s supposed to be if it’s inplemented.

In no way shape or form, should a game have its micro transactions impact single player balance, alternate balance, game play mechanics, or multiplayer with abilities, skills, useful items, or ANYTHINg related to game play.

And this game of all is the worst offender to date. Artificially forcing a grind and having a pay to play alternate option to bypass a boring grind (to the tune of 30-49 hours) to see an ending of a game you already bought and paid for at full retail. I’ll go so far as to say it shouldn’t even be allowed in the game if they discount the game heavily. Because sooner or later those fucks will try to normalize it in our train of thought over time, and then hike game prices right back up to full price anyway.

Give these bastards an inch, they will always not only take a mile, they will grab the whole fucking freeway.

This shit ends now. With our dollars doing the voting. Anytime a game like this comes out, play your backlog which I know we all have, and tell these companies to go fuck themselves with your wallet.

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
Thing is too, none of us have problems with micro transactions for cosmetics. Ex: Rocket league. I have probably spent 75 on keys for crates for cooler explosions when I score, a cool looking car, awesome wheels, decals, etc. it doesn’t impact the game. This is how it’s supposed to be if it’s inplemented.

In no way shape or form, should a game have its micro transactions impact single player balance, alternate balance, game play mechanics, or multiplayer with abilities, skills, useful items, or ANYTHINg related to game play.

And this game of all is the worst offender to date. Artificially forcing a grind and having a pay to play alternate option to bypass a boring grind (to the tune of 30-49 hours) to see an ending of a game you already bought and paid for at full retail. I’ll go so far as to say it shouldn’t even be allowed in the game if they discount the game heavily. Because sooner or later those fucks will try to normalize it in our train of thought over time, and then hike game prices right back up to full price anyway.

Give these bastards an inch, they will always not only take a mile, they will grab the whole fucking freeway.

This shit ends now. With our dollars doing the voting. Anytime a game like this comes out, play your backlog which I know we all have, and tell these companies to go fuck themselves with your wallet.
Jimmy is still going to get gis mom to buy this crap :(

• 1Worf