Middle-earth: Shadow of War (Shadow of Mordor Sequel)

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
It's too bad you can't gift loot boxes. You could be Robin Hood instead of Aragorn and just shit thousands of hacked loot boxes out to everyone.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I bet Tuco isn’t even playing. I mean he wants to but he maxed his credit card and can’t buy loot boxes.
I'll have you know I'm putting in a solid hour a night into this game. And after 5 hours into it I can can firmly say that all your concerns about the end-game are grossly unwarranted.

• 4Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 4 users

Sulrn

Deuces
It's too bad you can't gift loot boxes. You could be Robin Hood instead of Aragorn and just shit thousands of hacked loot boxes out to everyone.

What MMO was it that a group did this with the currency to try and crash the game through mass banning?

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Maybe it's just me but the game looks flat and the lighting isn't very good. I've been playing the first one and I'm not sure the sequel looks better.

Yeah that is where I'm sitting. Game is fun but there are very few, if any, technical improvements. So far.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Act 4 down - it doesn't improve, lootboxes or not. Play the game and pretend there's no Act 4 and it's a great game though. Act 4 just isn't fun and really the story caps off pretty well with Act 3. Act 4 just seems like filler "unending content" to monetize in the longrun a la Mass Effect 3 MP, but not nearly as fun.

You are missing out on the "true" ending tho

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
What MMO was it that a group did this with the currency to try and crash the game through mass banning?
I didn't hear about that, but it's a pretty common thing in online games where when a dupe exploit or something gets discovered or let out to too many people, jokers will mass dupe and distribute the goods.

I remember my first online Diablo1 experience was a very generous guy giving me a full set of god-tier items that I thought was 100% legit. My second online Diablo1 experience was the other guy calling me a hacker and insta-gibbing me in town for cheating =\

Sulrn

Deuces
So in other words. Wait for sale, enjoy act 1-3 and youtube the Act 4 ending.

This is a very likely scenario for myself. May just go full on youtube. The more I see of the game the more it doesn't look like they changed any of the flaws from the first.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
I'll have you know I'm putting in a solid hour a night into this game. And after 5 hours into it I can can firmly say that all your concerns about the end-game are grossly unwarranted.

Lol :)

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
So in other words. Wait for sale, enjoy act 1-3 and youtube the Act 4 ending.

No no no no.... In other words, wait for a sale for it to hit $4.99, don't give WB any of your cash (Or pirate it) then go through acts 1-3 if you want but regardless the story sucks anyway and these "Emergent" stories are more overblown than Bill Clinton. "You guys, I cannot believe it. I made friends with an Orc named Sally who had a brother and I sent him to kill his other brother, and they had this really in depth conversation and I felt bad for one of them, but they are blood fights. So they go at it, and all of a sudden a long lost cousin of the one brother orc shows up and kills the one I sent in to do the job! Then I hired both to be on my crew! This is SO AMAZING AND EMERGENT"

And what really happened:

"I sent an orc to kill a brother orc, and it bugged out and one of the brother orcs hit another one accidentally because they all dog piled on each other, and so I called the other orc his cousin because it sounded great didn't it? And then I recruited the other two into my infinite pool of standard orcs which won't get me passed Act 4 by holding my X button. Know the best thing? I can rinse and repeat this 50 times with random names and make 50, what appears to be, DISTINCT stories!" Now, where the hell did I place that Warner Brothers check....

• 1Salty
Reactions: 1 user

Sulrn

Deuces
I didn't hear about that, but it's a pretty common thing in online games where when a dupe exploit or something gets discovered or let out to too many people, jokers will mass dupe and distribute the goods.

I remember my first online Diablo1 experience was a very generous guy giving me a full set of god-tier items that I thought was 100% legit. My second online Diablo1 experience was the other guy calling me a hacker and insta-gibbing me in town for cheating =\

It was a game I was playing at the time so it had to be EQ 1/2, DAoC, LotRO, or WoW. Essentially there was a desync currency dupe or item dupe then the people mass /tipped small, random amounts of currency to everyone they ran across trying to outsmart the devs. Ended up as a sever rollback and mass banning.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
No no no no.... In other words, wait for a sale for it to hit $4.99, don't give WB any of your cash (Or pirate it) then go through acts 1-3 if you want but regardless the story sucks anyway and these "Emergent" stories are more overblown than Bill Clinton. "You guys, I cannot believe it. I made friends with an Orc named Sally who had a brother and I sent him to kill his other brother, and they had this really in depth conversation and I felt bad for one of them, but they are blood fights. So they go at it, and all of a sudden a long lost cousin of the one brother orc shows up and kills the one I sent in to do the job! Then I hired both to be on my crew! This is SO AMAZING AND EMERGENT"

And what really happened:

"I sent an orc to kill a brother orc, and it bugged out and one of the brother orcs hit another one accidentally because they all dog piled on each other, and so I called the other orc his cousin because it sounded great didn't it? And then I recruited the other two into my infinite pool of standard orcs which won't get me passed Act 4 by holding my X button. Know the best thing? I can rinse and repeat this 50 times with random names and make 50, what appears to be, DISTINCT stories!" Now, where the hell did I place that Warner Brothers check....
Utnayan just salty that Shadow of War is more emergent than his love life.

• 2Worf
  • 1Salty
Reactions: 2 users

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I paid $24.99 for this emergent scene lootbox.

IMG_0001.GIF

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
You are missing out on the "true" ending tho

Pretty sure I got the "true ending" I'll youtube later when I'm off work to see if it's anything different - but it was just a boring grind, nothing hinted at a "bad ending" or whatever.

Rather a shame too - there's some huge character changes that happen at the end of Act 3 that really don't feel like they're explored because of it just being monotonous.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
That's because all of Act 4 was purely designed, and tacked on last minute, for the online shop and trying to get people to use it.

Remember that 2 month delay?

Middle-earth: Shadow of War delayed almost two months

Welcome to why.
I just got off the phone with a developer. Act 4 was added on because all their tester's biggest complaint was after 50 hours of solid A+++ content they wanted more, so they put in sandbox fortress fights at the end.

All the lootboxes were just tacked on at the end by the same moron who thought having paid DLC for dead developers was a good idea.

Last edited:
  • 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I just got off the phone with a developer. Act 4 was added on because all their tester's biggest complaint was after 50 hours of solid A+++ content they wanted more, so they put in sandbox fortress fights at the end.

All the lootboxes were just tacked on at the end by the same moron who thought having paid DLC for dead developers was a good idea.

I'd say closer to 30-35ish for Act 1-3 on a "real" difficulty (Was around 25 on Easy). But quality was great for all of it.