Midsized Trucks: Tacoma, Colorado, or Frontier?

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
I pretty much won't drive a car with a full center console because of my knee hitting it and I'm only 6' 2". Pickup truck with a bench seat is the ideal setup for my right knee and if I get in a car and my knee hits the dash I know immediately that I'm in the wrong car.

I think ford still makes stripped down 'work trucks' with no center console, rubber mat for floor and a bench seat. The problem with those is that they are mostly standard cab, meaning yes, you get the bench, but you get jack shit room to recline seat being tall like me. I dont mind the center consoles though. I have a 2004 expedition that we bought new and its got a huge center console area, good elbow lean area for me, the knees dont really bother me. The expedition also has tilting pedals to adjust for your leg length which is nice too.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
I pretty much won't drive a car with a full center console because of my knee hitting it and I'm only 6' 2". Pickup truck with a bench seat is the ideal setup for my right knee and if I get in a car and my knee hits the dash I know immediately that I'm in the wrong car.

Do they make newer trucks with a bench seat? I drove a 1980 F-150 for years and it was the most comfortable truck I've ever had. Moved to California and it was made illegal due to smog rules (would have cost double what it was worth to make it legal). Had to sell it to a buddy in WA. Fuck.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
My 2011 F-150 and 2013 F-350 have a split bench seat with the fold-down center console, and they are a crew cab and extended cab, respectively. I guess I don't know about newer ones than that but I assume that they are available.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
My 2011 F-150 and 2013 F-350 have a split bench seat with the fold-down center console, and they are a crew cab and extended cab, respectively. I guess I don't know about newer ones than that but I assume that they are available.

Oh, ok then. Wasnt sure they made those anymore.

Big_w_powah

Trakanon Raider
My 2015 GMC Sierra 1500 is bench seat, rubber floor, single cab work truck

So they're still made. i could only assume Ford has something similar.

IDGAF about Dodge, they can rot in fuck

Siliconemelons

In general you are only going to find the basic bench seat version in their work truck edition or fleet options and they are not going to have any, if at all - infotainment options etc.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Speaking of, I need a tonneau cover. I'm overanalyzing the shit out of this problem, so maybe some favorable experiences will sway my purchasing decision.

I'm looking to not spend the expensive metal roll up money (they all seem to be 1300-2500), just something that will cover cargo so it doesn't have direct exposure but won't fly off when driving 100 mph on the rural highways.

Fadaar

That guy
I just picked up a 2018 Colorado last week. I like it a lot so far. You fags got any suggestions for running boards and the like? Was staring at it after work because something was bothering me, figured out that's what it was.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
I just picked up a 2018 Colorado last week. I like it a lot so far. You fags got any suggestions for running boards and the like? Was staring at it after work because something was bothering me, figured out that's what it was.

I got Magnum RT Steps. I really like them over the tubes. But I would not recommend if you don't have the predrilled (or desire to drill) the pinch-weld supports for the extra brackets.