Military Service

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
For anyone like me who wasnt aware, I found out this weekend ATT wireless gives an across the board 25% discount for vets. Just bring ID or dd-214 into a store. Active duty also of course.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
We had a cook under contract at one FOB I was at, each guy paid 350-400 a month and we had a full working kitchen/3x meals. Make your own shit Sundays. Other than feeling like an African Plantation owner, it was great!

Ironically best food I've ate has always been Army DFACs even though I've seen probably 20+ different air force chow halls. I'm probably ranking army chow halls better because they've always been shitty assignments and food is normally the only positive thing. Just sayin'. I've only done 6 weeks of MREs. You start to tear that shit apart and make your own meals or trade for other MREs to stop the insanity. The french has some good shit.

There was some Air Force chow hall I remember that was balls to the wall NASCAR shit everywhere. Like top and bottom pictures / wallpaper. Shit food that cost like $15 a meal too, I forget where I was (had to be the south, shit blends together nowadays) because I noped out after the first day of that TDY.
Best one I had was an Air Force one in Spain. Can't remember if Moron or Rota, but I think Moron (which is odd because Moron fucking sucks).

It was fully staffed by Spanish women.

SeanDoe1z1

I was in Rota for a couple days I don't remember the DFAC but there was copious amounts of alcohol (pre deployment) and close proximity of all the local shit. The gate guards, at least at the time, were super fucking prick and I had to force some phone calls to even get on base. Something about dudes that aren't in theater that sport full beards in uniform that piss me off. I ate at the NCO chow hall in some training base where it was staffed by all uniformed people, super weird but good food. Only other time I've seen that is when KBR is getting shorted and filled with bodies. Even in bootcamp they just bus the illegals in.

I still have one of their towels in my pantry.. don't forget to bring a towel.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I was in Rota for a couple days I don't remember the DFAC but there was copious amounts of alcohol (pre deployment) and close proximity of all the local shit. The gate guards, at least at the time, were super fucking prick and I had to force some phone calls to even get on base. Something about dudes that aren't in theater that sport full beards in uniform that piss me off. I ate at the NCO chow hall in some training base where it was staffed by all uniformed people, super weird but good food. Only other time I've seen that is when KBR is getting shorted and filled with bodies. Even in bootcamp they just bus the illegals in.

I still have one of their towels in my pantry.. don't forget to bring a towel.

The KBR Indonesian laundry girls on Camp Taji also ran a brothel if you knew the right people. I suspect the other big bases had similar.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Did you ever get these things? To this day I have no idea why they were called Jimmy Deans.

View attachment 231819

I also had enough pop tarts, otis spunkmeyer muffins and honeybuns to last a lifetime. I haven't had a single one since.
Never encountered anything like that.
The KBR Indonesian laundry girls on Camp Taji also ran a brothel if you knew the right people. I suspect the other big bases had similar.
Hah brothels. No idea why anyone would go to one of those with how much fucking between service members was going on there. Guy in my unit had a supposedly got this woman in my unit pregnant. Normally Id shrug it off as bullshit rumors but the dudes NCOIC was my NCOIC state side and he told us about it. Said she ended up doing a lot of heavy martial arts training to basically force herself to miss carry.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Never encountered anything like that.

Hah brothels. No idea why anyone would go to one of those with how much fucking between service members was going on there. Guy in my unit had a supposedly got this woman in my unit pregnant. Normally Id shrug it off as bullshit rumors but the dudes NCOIC was my NCOIC state side and he told us about it. Said she ended up doing a lot of heavy martial arts training to basically force herself to miss carry.

Arguably it would be smarter to throw down $20 for the Indonesian and not deal with any of that other shit. An LT in the unit I was working with knocked up their medic. Medic went stateside almost immediately... then despite admitting to it (LT and E3 medic were a thing) they blame it on some other guy who was already in trouble for some other shit for convenience. Really hated the Office Bro club man. Shit was so rampant.

Off topic I guess but our butterbar (former E6 no less) left his M4 ontop of the humvee and it fell off somewhere on the street of Baghdad at night. Guess who got in trouble for that? The gunner because he should have, "checked his surroundings and secured equipment." Like got demoted and treated like he lost his own weapon.

There sure were some nice nudies of dumb bitches in the battalion floating around though.

SeanDoe1z1

most of the fobs just rotated hookers in, even in SCIFs. One time I had to explain to my boss that hes going to end up in jail if he doesn't let me take over his program.

its pretty sad, one fob i was at the previous people were definately kid fucking -- one of the reasons i got out, i don't care to be in the service if that shit gets blacked out and the people responsible just lose a rank. Should be in jail.

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
1574833342874.png

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user