Military Service

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
His commentary is exactly what I would expect lol.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Jesus. Since I mainly operated as a gunner I always wondered if that would happen or if I would just be smashed in a roll over.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Big Phoenix

<Gold Donor>
So apparently the Iraqi government awarded all US service members who spent 30 consective days in Iraq from 03/19/203 to 12/31/2011 a medal;

img.jpg

• 1Like

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Thanks, but I don't want your poverty country's medal.

I understand guys going after foreign jump wings, cause some of those fuckers look super cool. But a medal? I served in the United States military, not Iraq's.

• 1Salty

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
What about a fourragère, though? Or foreign unit citation stuff.

Seems like the biggest obstacle is that the Pentagon hasn't approved it. Not sure they will.

If Iraq really wanted to do something for Americans that served there, I'd much prefer they show their appreciation by not spreading their cheeks for Iran and willingly accepting their terrorist poz load. But if they just want to be nothing more than a Iranian puppet? Yeah, I dunno about that medal, TBH

• 1Like

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
Not gonna lie, wish this had happened to someone in my basic

PVT Plastic Barrel

1568086512699.png

• 2Like

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
I really like this series. It's people involved with WWII telling their stories. It's mostly soldiers but there was one increadible story of a woman whose fiance gets drafted and goes to Italy so she signs up to help and ends up going with some high ranking officers to Europe later and ends up finding him. Was very touching.

• 1Like

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
There was an article of a 98 year old guy that made a parachute drop on the 75th anniversary of being dropped into the Netherlands for Operation Market Garden (a bridge too far). Said he would likely do it again next year lol.

• 2Like

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
I LOLed

It's weird having some places with your typical garbage chow, and some places having the civilian run DFACs that had surf and turf nights

• 1Like

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
What a bunch of fucking whiny bitches.

Try eating MRE"s every day for 6 months you faggots.

Or my deployment where we had Iraqi cooks and it was goat every single day. Had the shits for months.

• 1Like
  • 1Worf

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Coast Guard chow was always decent I thought. At A school they trained the cooks (FS) there. We got seafood every Friday's while I was there. Chow on the Munro was good. Chow on shore was fine , breakfast was particularly good.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
What a bunch of fucking whiny bitches.

Try eating MRE"s every day for 6 months you faggots.

Or my deployment where we had Iraqi cooks and it was goat every single day. Had the shits for months.

MREs for months was my first deployment! We had a small DFAC on the second deployment. Not sure what the right word for it is. But we actually used our Mess people and their mobile mess shit for it. It was okay. Similar to the video I suppose. I remember those green containers all over the place.

But when you got to Camp Taji or the Green Zone or some shit. Ho Lee Fuck. Wing night, 15+ options every single time you go in. Surf and Turf Monday. Put Vegas buffets to shame.

• 2Like

Big Phoenix

<Gold Donor>
Ate pretty good on deployment myself. The Army that handled logistics for the small camp I was on supplied us with bulk food stuffs. Entire cases of steaks, chicken breasts, bread, soda, ripits, vegetables, cooking oil etc. Managed to start getting ice cream towards the end of the deployment. We had a hot plate and a grill so we could make whatever we wanted whenever. Even was able to snag a few entire 20 pound rib roasts a few times. Every so often we would end up eating at some locals place, food was okay nothing spectacular.

The fobs with KBR/Haliburton contracting where pretty damn good. FOB Sykes in northern Iraq was particularly good as it was all contractor ran and very well stocked but there wasnt many people on the base. Benefits of being in Kurdish region I guess.

food.jpg

food2.JPG

I remember one guy would always ratfuck the cereal boxes I would bring in as soon as I sat them down. Fucking jimmy rustling to the max.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Ate pretty good on deployment myself. The Army that handled logistics for the small camp I was on supplied us with bulk food stuffs. Entire cases of steaks, chicken breasts, bread, soda, ripits, vegetables, cooking oil etc. Managed to start getting ice cream towards the end of the deployment. We had a hot plate and a grill so we could make whatever we wanted whenever. Even was able to snag a few entire 20 pound rib roasts a few times. Every so often we would end up eating at some locals place, food was okay nothing spectacular.

The fobs with KBR/Haliburton contracting where pretty damn good. FOB Sykes in northern Iraq was particularly good as it was all contractor ran and very well stocked but there wasnt many people on the base. Benefits of being in Kurdish region I guess.

View attachment 231814

View attachment 231815

I remember one guy would always ratfuck the cereal boxes I would bring in as soon as I sat them down. Fucking jimmy rustling to the max.

Did you ever get these things? To this day I have no idea why they were called Jimmy Deans.

1574078643265.png

I also had enough pop tarts, otis spunkmeyer muffins and honeybuns to last a lifetime. I haven't had a single one since.

• 1Solidarity

SeanDoe1z1

We had a cook under contract at one FOB I was at, each guy paid 350-400 a month and we had a full working kitchen/3x meals. Make your own shit Sundays. Other than feeling like an African Plantation owner, it was great!

Ironically best food I've ate has always been Army DFACs even though I've seen probably 20+ different air force chow halls. I'm probably ranking army chow halls better because they've always been shitty assignments and food is normally the only positive thing. Just sayin'. I've only done 6 weeks of MREs. You start to tear that shit apart and make your own meals or trade for other MREs to stop the insanity. The french has some good shit.

There was some Air Force chow hall I remember that was balls to the wall NASCAR shit everywhere. Like top and bottom pictures / wallpaper. Shit food that cost like $15 a meal too, I forget where I was (had to be the south, shit blends together nowadays) because I noped out after the first day of that TDY.