Military Thread

Legaeveth

Silver Knight of the Realm
I hated 29 Palms I went there years later for Comm school on my 2nd enlistment. Nothing like watching people rake the sand.

Brikker

Trump's Staff
PRP in the Air Force fucking bloooooooooows. I'm supposed to PCS in March (with my approved departure date being 1 March) and I still don't have any fucking orders. I am so sick of this bullshit base known as Ramstein, I just want to leave.

Fadaar

That guy
PRP in the Air Force fucking bloooooooooows. I'm supposed to PCS in March (with my approved departure date being 1 March) and I still don't have any fucking orders. I am so sick of this bullshit base known as Ramstein, I just want to leave.
Lol PRP. One of the only positives about working on fighters.

Edit: Post #666, fitting it's about my job

eenis_sl

shitlord
On kitup there saying the army is going g to announce it's new camo, grooming regs, and PT test for reals this time. Oh and here's some more deployment pics, this thread needs more visuals

Chesire_sl

shitlord
On the chopping block commissary subsidies , BAH/BAS changes so it all ends up as taxable. Going to suck for the local gouge tards and slum lords when all that discretionary spending vanishes.

Chesire_sl

shitlord
Fuck dependents.
Always a great excuse to get out early , take days off , avoid extra bullshit duty. Generally fuck over all the single useless tards from the midwest ). Have fun pulling weeds , I will be having a cold one and dozing in the sun at the beach.
tongue.png

calhoonjugganaut

Trakanon Raider
Got about 5 weeks left here at AIT at Fort Gordon. I'm really ready to be out of the TRADOC environment. Outside of doing PT at 0430 every morning, not being able to drink alcohol is probably the biggest bummer. No biggie though. The people here are pretty cool. Found out a couple of weeks ago I'll be going to Ft. Campbell, KY. My ERB says I'm projected to go to an Air Defense Artillery regiment but someone told me that might just be where everyone goes for in-processing there. Pretty sure they'll want me to go to Air Assault school once I get there. My knee has been a bit messed up but my run time has improved pretty well since I've been here. Anyways, thought I'd drop an update while I had a little free time.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
I really liked Ft. Campbell. The post was nice and the people were very friendly. I could barely walk around without getting asked if I needed a ride somewhere.

I'd totally be willing to move to Kentucky my experience was so positive.

apex

Golden Knight of the Realm
Anyone affected by the Force Management programs?

AD Air Force here and while I wasn't directly affected by any of the programs, I'm pretty disgusted with how it was handled. All the E-5s and E-6s were told to get their shit together because they were going before a board, even though they only needed to kick out 10 of the 300+ eligible for our career field and rank. In essence they told them that we may kick you out but you can't go look for another job or do anything because we might change our mind. Few months later "Hey we are cancelling all the boards". As a result, I'm trying to Palace Chase right now.

Fadaar

That guy

AD Air Force here and while I wasn't directly affected by any of the programs, I'm pretty disgusted with how it was handled. All the E-5s and E-6s were told to get their shit together because they were going before a board, even though they only needed to kick out 10 of the 300+ eligible for our career field and rank. In essence they told them that we may kick you out but you can't go look for another job or do anything because we might change our mind. Few months later "Hey we are cancelling all the boards". As a result, I'm trying to Palace Chase right now.
Yeah I'm seriously considering going Guard just to get away from stupid shit like this. I like the aircraft I work on (F-15E's) and the fact that we deploy on a regular cycle, but the side shitshow that goes along with it is unbearable at times. Even better, Guard in my home state (Florida) has F-15's!

Brikker

Trump's Staff
A ton of Staff's and Tech's TRIED to get out when all the force management shit came up but our career field won't let anyone go
frown.png

The downsides of being in one of the shittiest and most pointless career fields that only has ~1000 people.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Got about 5 weeks left here at AIT at Fort Gordon. I'm really ready to be out of the TRADOC environment. Outside of doing PT at 0430 every morning, not being able to drink alcohol is probably the biggest bummer. No biggie though. The people here are pretty cool. Found out a couple of weeks ago I'll be going to Ft. Campbell, KY. My ERB says I'm projected to go to an Air Defense Artillery regiment but someone told me that might just be where everyone goes for in-processing there. Pretty sure they'll want me to go to Air Assault school once I get there. My knee has been a bit messed up but my run time has improved pretty well since I've been here. Anyways, thought I'd drop an update while I had a little free time.
That's crazy. What MOS are you? I was a 74B (it was changed to 25B around 2004). Went to Fort Gordon back in 2002, and ended up at Fort Campbell after. I spent my entire 6 year enlistment there. I really enjoyed the area. Clarksville is a decent little city, and Nashville is only about 45 minutes away.

Pollo

Silver Knight of the Realm

Fuck Air Force promotions. I have no idea why you guys stay in after your initial enlistment. When I was stationed at Bragg, this dude that lived above me (in the Air Force, some SWO fag) made E6 the same time I did. The difference being that I had 6 years time in service, he had 12. Fuck that. One of my friends from high school joined as an Air Force medic. He pinned E7 after I pinned CW3 (around 16 years time in service). Fuck Air Force promotions.

As far as the dude going to Campbell, my cousin raves about it. I haven't really heard anyone say anything really bad about it. When you get there, you better pass Air Assault school or be ready for a hard life until you do.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>

Downside of being in the military as it downsizes. Theyre gonna do everything to make life a living hell to get rid of as many people as possible.

apex

Golden Knight of the Realm
Downside of being in the military as it downsizes. Theyre gonna do everything to make life a living hell to get rid of as many people as possible.
Some prior service people I talk to say this is pretty cyclical and it happens in different forms of severity. With that said, I'd hate to stick around and hit my 15ish year mark where I'm close to retirement but get caught in another downsizing and get shafted.

Most of the people I work with (military and civilian) are generally awesome and look out for each other. However it seems the Air Force as an organization could care less about their people. Seems like it is a pretty shitty time for all branches.