Minecraft

Fazana_sl

shitlord
Maybe he's going to promise not to say "Cool!" or "Awesome!" on every block break or block placement during everything he reviews so you can actually tell what is genuinely cool or awesome
wink.png

Maybe a little harsh but at times he comes across as the Tony Schiavone (sp?) of Minecraft videoing. It wouldn't be so bad but so many mod authors now say "Fuck it, no need for documentation, I'll get Direwolf to review it!" so attendance can be mandatory
tongue.png

Skanda

I'm Amod too!
Direwolf20's Tweet this morningWonder what it is going to be about?
He tweeted that right after he asked Slowpoke about the new ChickenBones microblock announcement I posted above so I have a feeling that's what it's about (It's supposedly in the release today). They also managed to get a stable version of Logistics Pipes jammed into the release of both Unleashed and the new DW20 pack so maybe that. Could be totally wrong but that's my guess.

Camerous

Molten Core Raider
They also managed to get a stable version of Logistics Pipes jammed into the release of both Unleashed and the new DW20 pack so maybe that. Could be totally wrong but that's my guess.
wtf.. my version of his pack does NOT have logistic pipes in it..

Skanda

I'm Amod too!
The "release" versions on Unleashed and DW20 aren't out yet. You're probably still on the beta pack. They ran into "some issues" with Unleashed & DW20 packs so they delayed them a bit. Slow claimed they "should be resolved fairly quickly".

Edit: They also removed Open CC Sensors from Unleashed and replaced it with Open Peripherals.

Camerous

Molten Core Raider
Ah ok. I used to stay on the mirc but it gets so boring I just wait on the tweets to give me the latest news.

Fazana_sl

shitlord
Made my first ME network today in the AE mod and I'm absolutely astounded on how amazing this is, especially now I have a small pattern system going. Making stuff is so much more user friendly. It was a piece of piss to integrate a pulveriser and furnace into the setup as well. Can't recommend the AE mod enough!

We added in "Rotten Flesh to Leather" and "Enchanting Plus" to our Tekkit server today. Frankly speaking, fuck the vanilla modding system with a rusty pitchfork!

Camerous

Molten Core Raider
Yeah the ME system is so sweet. I can't recommend it enough. That's why almost every server I have the first major build I have is ALWAYS an ME system... it is just that good.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
Maybe he's going to promise not to say "Cool!" or "Awesome!" on every block break or block placement during everything he reviews so you can actually tell what is genuinely cool or awesome
wink.png
"nice"

Camerous

Molten Core Raider
Well this sucks. I updated and then had to leave before I could actually log in.. just got back and logged into my world and this is what greeted me...

Half my fucking base is gone...
rrr_img_38398.jpg

EDIT

Think I just figured it out... all the extra biomes are gone so I bet it got reset back to disabled when I updated the pack.

Yeap that was it... so now all the extra biomes stuff I had done in all my bases is gone.. and since I saved my world when I logged out of it I would have to redo it all... just gonna start another world... damn that sucks lol

Skanda

I'm Amod too!
so now all the extra biomes stuff I had done in all my bases is gone..
My problem is the Extra Biomes/Biomes o Plenty mods is they overwhelm the vanilla biomes. If there was a way to control how rare they were then I'd like them more.

I'll probably wind up setting up a 1.5 server too. A couple of friends getting that itch again and don't want to wait for 1.6.

Fazana_sl

shitlord
MFR auto planters and harvesters are very nice.

Well, until you are stupid enough to throw a 3x radius upgrade in one and set it to tree farming. Holy fuck my framerate Batman! That was without any of the fertiliser I've started making as well
biggrin.png
Thank god we are on a hosted server, I think if I had set that going in single player my craptop would have caught on fire!

I haven't been this addicted to MC since 1.3 or so, whenever SkyDen came out. They are working on the sequel to that based on a water world, day one download for this chap!

Friday

Lord Nagafen Raider
I'm hosting an 18 player 24/7 server (direwolf20 1.5) for myself and some friends since we are newish to FTB. Ive played Tekkit mainly and getting into FTB to check out the latest mods.

MCPC+ 1.5.2 and a few plugins. Fairly minimal. Whitelisted and if your looking for a private FTB server and you can coexist without protection plugins pm me

Friday

Lord Nagafen Raider
Looks like the host went down Cam.

lol. These guys had such raving reviews about their 99.9% uptime.

Camerous

Molten Core Raider
I just read what it was. FTB screwed up some block ids in Direwolf20 pack. Make sure you do the update and turn the biomes o plenty back on and we need to make a new world again lol

Camerous

Molten Core Raider
So as I am sure a lot of people have realised now. There are problems with the Direwolf20 Modpack that is currently out there. There are a number of fixes we can do to resolve this, however I do not want to make this decision without consulting the community.

First Let me try and explain how this has happened. So initially the aim is that configs from Unleashed should match the configs from all our packs. This means that the configs from BoP in Unleashed should as far as ids go, match the configs of DW20. They are meant to be identical in order to help prevent mistakes like what has just happened. However, an error was made and this never happened this time. However the mistake wasn't realised until we updated the config of BoP in the unleashed pack and as always just copy it over into the DW20 pack in order to maintain this consistency. This would have been fine, except the configs were different right from the first day. So we had this.

DW20

I:"Holy Dirt ID"=170
I:"Holy Grass ID"=169
Ender: block.id=254

Unleashed
I:"Holy Dirt ID"=254
I:"Holy Grass ID"=255
Ender:block.id=252

DW20
I:"Holy Dirt ID"=170
I:"Holy Grass ID"=169
Ender:block.id=254

Unleashed
Ender:block.id=252

DW20
Ender:block.id=254

Unleashed
Enderblock.id=252

As you can see, individually both configs work on their own until you mix them as happened in 1.1.2. Then the second error was made. Normally the procedure is to turn on all the disabled mods in the launcher and then the same in the server and run both and then log into the server to check for ID conflicts. This never happened, probably because the people involved were tired and had been up all night checking configs and updating the pack etc. No matter what the reason, this leads us on to now. After doing a full check, it seems that there are more instances where the configs of the pack dont match up. These do not seem to be causing any further ID Conflicts however it means the packs have different conflicts which isnt good. On top of this it appears that 3 Mods may need to be rolled back to earlier versions due to problems with the versions we have in our packs.

So where does this leave us. Essentially with 2 choices, we can do a band aid patch on the DW20 pack, fixing just the conflict and backdating the relevent mods. Or we can do a full fix and bring the packs back to where they should be. So the question then is what are the consequences.

First the band Aid: This should leave most DW20 1.5 worlds mostly intact (esp if you have not been to the promised land) and even in that case, reasonably easy to repair. However then the 2 packs would be out of synch.

The second is a proper repair, getting DW20 pack back to where it should be, however there would be enough changes done to IDs. that world restarts may be needed.

This is a pretty important decision though and one that needs input from the affected community.

On a final note. I wont be giving out names or who was involved or anything. It was a mistake, mistakes happen especially when people are tired. I also dont want to see anyone else trying to assign blame in this, it doesnt accomplish anything. What I really need here is input on which of the steps you feel we should take.

Thanks

Slowpoke.

August 3, 2013, 11:00 pm

Camerous

Molten Core Raider
Which Method Should we take to fix the pack
Band Aid Fix and try to preserve existing worlds 31 vote(s) 11.5%
* Full fix which may require a restart. 239 vote(s) 88.5%

Looks like we are starting a new world.. again..again... lol

Skanda

I'm Amod too!
Yay for starting my server with Unleashed and keeping Biomes-o-plenty disabled. Dodged the bullet.