Minecraft

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
I just realized dw20 is now missing xycraft and whatever gives you gems for tools. Hmmmm

Skanda

I'm Amod too!
I just realized dw20 is now missing xycraft and whatever gives you gems for tools. Hmmmm
Gems for tools was Redpower. Redpower still hasn't been updated beyond 1.4.7 and Xycraft skipped 1.5. Last I heard he was hoping to have a version out for 1.6.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
No sickle is devastating!
smile.png

Menion_sl

shitlord
Like to slap the guy who made up EU power. I have been using nothing but MJ since I started playing in both Tekkit and now FTB. I made my first power suit today and loved it until I realized that I either needed to use an inferior energetic infuser which holds only 40,000 mj compared to an MFSU which holds 10,000,000 EU of power to charge my suit.

Even if I did have interest in learning EU power, I don't even know where to start and what type of power generation to jump to next. Right now I am using magmatic engines to power my base and quarries. Kinda torn between researching a bunch of shit on EU power or just saying fuck it and taking a break till 1.6 FTB launches.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
If you have more coal than you can ever dream of consuming, you can use a IC generator sitting beside a MFSU. Just use it as a charging station and that's it.

Skanda

I'm Amod too!
Stick a solar module and the kinetic module on your Power suit and never have to worry about charging it again.

Kais

<Gold Donor>
Suits are the best!

But don't mention fucking bees
frown.png
Why the fuck can't i ever get a noble for more than one generation before it devolves itself back to fucking meadows bees. I have common drones coming out of my goddamn ears but i can't get more than one generation of noble. Ugh.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
What's the bee-enifit of bees?

Is there bee-endgame?

Seriously - what's the deal with bees?

Kais

<Gold Donor>
I'm trying to figure that out myself, but i can't get far enough along to really get going with it. (noble bees produce royal jelly which is required to make the top end bee machines and serums)

Skanda

I'm Amod too!
What's the bee-enifit of bees?

Is there bee-endgame?

Seriously - what's the deal with bees?
With Extra Bees they can become resource producers. On my last server I had a line of bees that were producing Emeralds for me. There is a bee line for pretty much every Ore, Gem, liquid and general resource in the game. Bee have several advantages over things like quarries. For one they're not leaving large holes in the ground. You also have the ability to tailor how much of any given resource you're gathering, if you need more iron for something change a few Alvearies over so you produce more. Power requirements may also be a concern, quarries can eat up a fair amount of power while they're running where all you need with the bees is enough power to keep several centrifuges going.

With Magic Bees they can do things like produce Aspect shards which will save you from having to toss prefectly good items into the Crucible. There's also lines that will help regenerate the vis in the area and another bee that will eat the flux out of the area.

The disadvantage is they can require quite a bit of micromanaging to get up and running before you're got most of the species that actually produce valuables for you.

Fazana_sl

shitlord
Like to slap the guy who made up EU power. I have been using nothing but MJ since I started playing in both Tekkit and now FTB. I made my first power suit today and loved it until I realized that I either needed to use an inferior energetic infuser which holds only 40,000 mj compared to an MFSU which holds 10,000,000 EU of power to charge my suit.

Even if I did have interest in learning EU power, I don't even know where to start and what type of power generation to jump to next. Right now I am using magmatic engines to power my base and quarries. Kinda torn between researching a bunch of shit on EU power or just saying fuck it and taking a break till 1.6 FTB launches.
EU is from Universal Electricity isn't it?

My lad has an MPS suit with all sorts of crap bolted onto it in our little 2 man Tekkit server and he also uses the Energetic Infuser from TE which charges it up much faster than you might appreciate. I don't know what the energy conversion formula is offhand but it's definitely much more than 1:1 and if you think that's too low anyway I'm pretty sure you can change it in the config files.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
What I hate most about EU is that in IC you have three tiers of power packets. Its annoying to have to manage those tiers by stepping up/down your power depending on the machine you're using.

It's gregtech levels of arbitrary.

Camerous

Molten Core Raider
What I hate most about EU is that in IC you have three tiers of power packets. Its annoying to have to manage those tiers by stepping up/down your power depending on the machine you're using.

It's gregtech levels of arbitrary.
I'm going to have to disagree with you here. The power consumption and voltage requirements makes perfect sense. The tiers are smartly thought out and make sense... they are not gregtechs stupidly thrown together bullshit.

Kais

<Gold Donor>
You can also mate your IC2 machines to higher tiers of power with Transformer Upgrades. Sticking 8 overclocks and a transformer into a macerator will indefinitely feed an induction furnace to the tune of a full stack of ore into bars in almost 60 seconds. Just be sure to drop the transformer in before connecting the juice or you get a big explosion.