Miniature Painting

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
1672617523566.png

• 10Like
Reactions: 9 users

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Got the Custodes Battleforce in new years raffle, never painted something with this much just GOLD everywhere. Trying to figure out some secondary color that I could do most of the armor in, then gold up the eagles and sun rays and have them pop. Red looks nice but the warm colors all just kind of bleed together at arms length

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Muurloen

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
Got the Custodes Battleforce in new years raffle, never painted something with this much just GOLD everywhere. Trying to figure out some secondary color that I could do most of the armor in, then gold up the eagles and sun rays and have them pop. Red looks nice but the warm colors all just kind of bleed together at arms length
Dread Host's Black looks very good to me imo

ajxn7q854q551.jpg

--

If you go a little "dirty" on the gold, the red pops quite well.

Here is one of mine.

20230103_132628.jpg

• 9Like
Reactions: 8 users

ziggyholiday

<Bronze Donator>
Lol yeah he runs a painting academy so dont feel bad
Been watching his videos for about a year, instead of painting…..he would have been painting for the Church a few hundred years ago. Instead, he paints little plastic dudes.

Life is weird that way

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Yeah that’s one of the best mini painters on the planet. Don’t feel bad about that lol

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I want to see someone like him do a horde army, just every little grot a unique character

• 1Like

Bodhy

Mr. Poopybutthole
Shiiieeeet, I'm not at this level yet.

Bruh. I've been wanting to get back into a hobby like Warhammer for some time (last time I was in my early teens and couldn't afford much nor did I have the time to devote to it).

But I simply cannot fathom having this much time and resources to spend on miniatures like this. And I don't even work full time--but the equivalent of a full time income-- so I've got as much free time as an adult with responsibilities could have.

Props to the guy, because that is incredible, but where in the literal fuck do people find the time to do this?

Warr

<Bronze Donator>
Pro painters spending 200 hours on a competition display piece isn't unusual, but often times, that's all they do and make a living from it. Commissions, Patreon, etc.

You aren't wrong that it can be completely time consuming. I'm not great and I'd love to do more projects a lot faster but it's a constructive pastime, I'm happy with the end result, and I get lost in the work so it doesn't matter how much time I spent on it.

Fuck, I gotta get out of this build / prime phase and get back into my painting projects.

• 1Like

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Bruh. I've been wanting to get back into a hobby like Warhammer for some time (last time I was in my early teens and couldn't afford much nor did I have the time to devote to it).

But I simply cannot fathom having this much time and resources to spend on miniatures like this. And I don't even work full time--but the equivalent of a full time income-- so I've got as much free time as an adult with responsibilities could have.

Props to the guy, because that is incredible, but where in the literal fuck do people find the time to do this?

I hear ya. I am wanting to get back into painting (just models I like, not whole armies again) and I can't really come to grips with how I'm going to find the time to do it, without neglecting my wife and friends. I might only be able to finish one model per month, I think.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>

That is his full time job. He sells commissions, gives classes, makes tutorial videos, does box art. Someone at that level also has sponsors so he likely doesn’t pay for most of his equipment or the miniatures themselves. When you devote yourself fully to something like that, it’s just your job.

Last edited:
  • 1Solidarity

Gankak

Vyemm Raider

Bruh... I realize we were all former poopsockers at one point, but you don't have to poopsock every hobby you have. Devote as much time as you can to this. You are only in a competition with yourself.

• 6Like
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 7 users

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I dunno, I just can't sleep at night knowing MWG owns more Chaos than me.

• 3Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

Khalan

Trakanon Raider
Finished this McFarlane toys artists proof. Figure is 8” tall.
746EAA75-ECCE-4CFF-9A76-773322519CAF.jpeg

• 15Like
Reactions: 14 users