Miniature Painting

Bodhy

Karen
<Banned>
How do you do that basing, brah? Is it generic basing material bought from a hobby store, or do you make your own out of various materials?

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
some nice sand and burnt grass stuff i got from the store, goes on the base that comes with them

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
1675127956120.png

• 13Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 13 users

Aazrael

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Seems you got a flow going Nirgon, looks great also.

I fell off for a while but now that I finished the goat guy I kinda want to do some Warhammer stuff instead of more 3D prints. I enjoyed doing the Blood Angels earlier.

Any suggestions on something I should buy? I don't play so it does not have to match what I have. I was thinking of getting a pack of the Sororitas.

Made a collage of what I have painted this last year, its not much but it's a relaxing hobby when you get to it.

Don't mind the dusty shelves.

GridArt_20230204_150151098.jpg

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I've just been buying character models I think look awesome (along with enough marines to paint one of each chapter/legion I like) and have no intention of playing my armies again.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

showdown25

Lord Nagafen Raider
Looked at this thread from begining to end over the last few days and it's making me want to take up painting and terrain building again.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I'm definitely leaning towards it. Just need to decide what army and if I should buy a combat patrol or a starter box to get started. Decisions, decisions..

You can’t go wrong with Space Marines and they are super cheap. Of course you’ll want something else but always nice to have some “good guys” I use good lightly.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Minotaurs are nice guys, they've got Vs on their shield for Very Friendly

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Aazrael

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Too many units to chose from and not knowing anything about WH40K makes it rough to search for stuff. I ordered a Sororitas box today, get a bunch of units for a "fair" price. Plastic is not cheap... I thought Gunplas were expensive but Games Workshop have their own pricing scheme for sure.

61MUCijMq7L._AC_SL1080_.jpg

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I'd start with one box of 10 (tactical marines or the primaris version) and one cool looking captain/lord.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Gankak

Vyemm Raider
Too many units to chose from and not knowing anything about WH40K makes it rough to search for stuff. I ordered a Sororitas box today, get a bunch of units for a "fair" price. Plastic is not cheap... I thought Gunplas were expensive but Games Workshop have their own pricing scheme for sure.

View attachment 459851

GW charges infinite for their plastic.. but plastic in teh modeling industry isn't cheap anymore no matter the genre

iamacynic37

FoH Honkler - HONK HONK MFr
<Banned>
Ebay from time to time has sales. I picked up the battlezone fronteris nachmund from there for $99 from $220 on GW's site.
There are deals to be had but not rushing into this hobby is best. Start with some intercessors then feel around for what interests you

• 2Like

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Yeah, I bought way too much when I got started and it just intimidated me into avoiding working on it since it felt like I was miles away from finishing.

• 2Solidarity