Miniature Painting

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Yeah, I bought way too much when I got started and it just intimidated me into avoiding working on it since it felt like I was miles away from finishing.
Bold strategy. Did it work?

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
IMG_20230221_180057764.jpg
Well, here's my stormcast eternals army I traded a Tabernacle at Pendrel Vale for, still unconstructed. VS my 6000 points of chaos picked up one or two boxes at a time, so about 2k points assembled and painted a year.

I can't even get up the spirit to resell the SCE, much less figure out where to start building and painting

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 4 users

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I feel you. I lost a lot of motivation during covid just due to idk, depression or something and haven’t painted much in two years. I have a large amount of unpainted but that has never really daunted me, I just pick one thing to focus on for a while.

Aazrael Aazrael and other printer bros that are more into painting than playing. Creature caster has started releasing STLs of their models, which are amazing.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Khalan

Trakanon Raider
Picked up a anycubic printer during the recent sale and gone full Ham. Been printing some pretty nice stuff for my eldar.

A270566F-7DE7-495E-8D05-8B62946D7204.jpeg

• 3Like

Aazrael

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I feel you. I lost a lot of motivation during covid just due to idk, depression or something and haven’t painted much in two years. I have a large amount of unpainted but that has never really daunted me, I just pick one thing to focus on for a while.

Aazrael Aazrael and other printer bros that are more into painting than playing. Creature caster has started releasing STLs of their models, which are amazing.

High quality for sure on them. Will check them out, been slacking with my 3d printer. Need to buy more resin as I'm all out.

Do they have more models made then the few packs shown in the link?

Edit: Checked their website and holy shit I want all of them. Hope they release more of the booba demons as stl.

iamacynic37

FoH Honkler - HONK HONK MFr
<Banned>
That place quoted me $1100 for about 2000 points for an "Exhibition" quality.
Plastic's pricy but if you buy it and ship it to the guy they'll paint an assemble it.
Take a lot of the piss outta the hobby but better than sitting in a box

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Just prime your shit, brush over it and do 2 other colors. Anyone can swing it.

Thats the best way to get the ball rolling.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

iamacynic37

<Banned>
I'mma have Navin and my boys in Malaysia do their thang. Many good homies over there, strong work ethic

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Nothing wrong with that. Several people in this thread pay for paint jobs, at least one does it for a living. We were just discussing the cheapest way to do things, so some people can’t/don’t go that route is all.

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I'm just on Operation: Copy Vince Venturella until you don't suck

• 2Like
  • 1Worf

iamacynic37

<Banned>
Oh shit! Do you know if anyone in here looking for a commission? do we got a thread for that?

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Oh shit! Do you know if anyone in here looking for a commission? do we got a thread for that?
We use this thread for it. Khalan Khalan does commission work. I think a couple people here have used him already. This thread isn’t specifically for that, it just comes up. This thread is a catch all for all the hobby painting stuff.

• 1Solidarity

Khalan

Trakanon Raider
That place quoted me $1100 for about 2000 points for an "Exhibition" quality.
Plastic's pricy but if you buy it and ship it to the guy they'll paint an assemble it.
Take a lot of the piss outta the hobby but better than sitting in a box
Thats actually really cheap.

Also as a commission painter, I prefer to do assembly myself. Ensures the models are clean, and lets me do things in subassemblies which speeds up painting a lot.

• 3Like

Khalan

Trakanon Raider
Ok back to models. Here’s some stuff I finished for my personal eldar. The warp spiders and karandras (minus the head) are mostly 3d printed

78D52A60-CDA2-42F1-A38A-0032775534D1.jpeg
16D3ED99-41A8-466F-84A6-C5762B70C32C.jpeg

4D0B9F29-A613-40C8-AA74-3205A2A76A2C.jpeg

• 12Like
Reactions: 11 users

iamacynic37

<Banned>
Wow, your work is impressive, do you have a site to set up work?
Okay, cool, thank you for confirming that's low Khalan!

That painting organization had also mentioned that they like unassembled models.
I just wanted to play with plastics so here I am.

• 1Solidarity